If you were going to start your own business, what industry would the business be and why?

Image for post If you were going to start your own business, what industry would the business be and why?
Zolfies avatar Jokes & Humour
10 82

Tutoring business.They can be quite lucrative

@2781138

That sounds good smile smilie

Though I'm wondering, isn't dinner was where the big money was at? Which was why shops charged more and some food places are only open for dinner.

@2781299

oh okay smile smilie ... I figured the pains could come in at any time, though maybe due to more busy that could make it much worse.

@2781138

I have a business friend that does that. 7 days, but 6 to 2. Limited menu. Though he had a bigger one, and he jacked his prices lol. I like the food there, so i can at least burn a hole in my wallet for him.

I have a massage therapy business because it feels good to take pain away from people.

@Zolfie Less pain is always a good thing

That is exactly what my buddy who does massage
and myofascial release treatments tells me he says he gets relaxation energy from doing it. He was working on me for free every week and it was helping, but I know he has to make a living so I stopped going- thus leaving more room for paying customers.

@2781030

I've thought about if I would want to be a restaurant owner. What kind of restaurant was yours?

Also what kind of store?

@2781285

Probably because I'm too close... but what are American type foods? Like Burgers and Steaks? The meats? Or what does America serve that's very different that elsewhere?

I feel like that's a stupid question, but I haven't been outside America much (almost not at all)... and don't know what other places don't serve.

@Zolfie Probably because I'm too close... but what are American type foods? Like Burgers and Steaks? The meats? Or what...

Zolfie- according to my english friends there aren't many foods the english make that americans want. The beer and ale but kidney pie or puddings aren't a big deal in most parts of the world.Plus he couldn't stand it that US places didn't ask him if he wanted certain things with his food. Things we don't normally have in the US.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Zolfie- according to my english friends there aren't many foods the english make that americans want. The...

But I was trying to find the other way around.

What do Americans serve/eat, that others places in the world don't? Seeing as I'm not a world traveler, I don't know what other places don't serve... that America does.

@Zolfie But I was trying to find the other way around. What do Americans serve/eat, that others places in the world...

OK that would be a regional thing. I am on the coast of Maine so we have a lot of fish and lobster .lobster rolls are lobster sandwiches of lobster mayo in a hot dog roll. Most often ordered by tourists.. in New Orleans they have cajun cooking , I think that is entirely american. In Texas beef is king. Just to mention a few - other people can say what happens where they live.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OK that would be a regional thing. I am on the coast of Maine so we have a lot of fish and lobster .lobster...

Again the other way around.

I know what Americans eat... I'm an American.

I don't know what others don't eat and all American.

Like Texas and US has beef... is that American? __ie are we saying other places don't have beef?__

It would be a high-tech company. Robotics, machinery, vehicles, gadgets, laser technology, energy technology. Just like where Tanor works!

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred WoW tanner do you have experience with that work?

He does! He's been working in the technology field for most of his life. He started out mentoring with a scientist doctor at the age of 8. Didn't take off till late teens when he got hired by the main company from its sister company.

@Tanor_Faux He does! He's been working in the technology field for most of his life. He started out mentoring with a scientist...

Is this Tanor? If no, then who is it?

If yes, then why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

@Zolfie Is this Tanor? If no, then who is it? If yes, then why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Of course it's me. I'm just using a neutral point of view to refer to myself. Neutral POV doesn't refer to "I", as that refers to the author/writer as the subject. The character gets referred third person. I'm referring to myself as a character, so I use the author POV to write it.

@Tanor_Faux Of course it's me. I'm just using a neutral point of view to refer to myself. Neutral POV doesn't refer to "I", as...

Zolfie has seen family members and significant other post for people before... so Zolfie thought it might be someone close to you.

Zolfie doesn't quite understand the point of using the author's POV, but he's intrigued. smile smilie

@Tanor_Faux Check my profile! Tanor's a character/persona. :p

Um, I don't see a written profile on your profile page... if you got something written then maybe you have it blocked only for certain people to see?

Unless you're talking about this question.

http://www.amirite.com/820110-h...s-the-same-and

@Tanor_Faux Oh yeah, people can't see my profile unless i'm following them. Forgot about that.

Very cool! You share your whole story biggrin smilie

I just tell people that I'm a wolf that can talk and let them try to fill in the gaps xp smilie

@Zolfie Very cool! You share your whole story I just tell people that I'm a wolf that can talk and let them try...

I only share the bridge supports of the character's story. Lots of it isn't there. I've been writing stories on my characters since 2009. :P

@Zolfie Well I think I've been a wolf on the internet for the last 8 years (I think, maybe more)

Think i've been a lot of things. But i've been this foxy since June 24th, 2009! when i created him! Though i've had been writing stories here and there since 2002.

@2781122

Watering hole is something I have thought about smile smilie

Home decorating.

Health because I work at Whole Foods))

@Masha Health because I work at Whole Foods))

masha I never knew anyone who worked there- The only thing i have ever heard about whole foods was from south park cartoons. - because there are no whole foods in this part of Maine.

@2781292

Did you enjoy owning your own business? smile smilie

It seems the only businesses that are surviving these days are nonprofit social justice businesses. Not much fun but that is where the money is and it is not taxed.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Ozzy any healthcare for elderly is also growing.

You are right. AMAC mag said "From 1960 to 2016, health spending rose from $147 per person to $10,348 per person."
Our local hospital and nursing home claim to be nonprofit and the salaries of the administrators are unbelievable.

@ozzyboy You are right. AMAC mag said "From 1960 to 2016, health spending rose from $147 per person to $10,348 per...

That's because it went from very little to no middle men... to what 3 different industries of middlemen?

Insurance for the people
Medical/Drugs for the people
Insurance/drugs for the medical
And the people the argue prices in the middle

Or something like that... they made the red tape so think that one almost can't get through the process without paying them.

@Zolfie That's because it went from very little to no middle men... to what 3 different industries of middlemen?...

It's also because the bill needs to be paid for all those poor people. The local hospital told us as much but said they would never admit it. They just up our bills.

@2781599

Security is always nice smile smilie

@2781654

Even on website, security would be nice smile smilie

Because I can be very charming for short periods say a weekend, I enjoy cleaning and cooking. So I think I would be good at it.

Custom furniture and cabinetmaking; I've done that for more than 25 years.

Ninja Bazooka Underwater Cleaning Service & Coffin Company Ltd.

Anonymous