+8

Where does the consciousness (self awareness) come from? what is it and where does it go after death?

WonderMans avatar
2 10

You’re conscious because of the connections between the cerebral cortex, brainstem and the reticular activating system. The last one is responsible for the awareness and alertness part. When we’re brain dead with no oxygen or nutrients to these parts of the CNS and the neurons die, we are not conscious.

We don;t know.....yet...but take comfort in the fact that things do tend to unravel in patterns of cycles and why should life be any differnt?

It comes from God.

It returns to God at death.

@Budwick It comes from God. It returns to God at death.

so it comes from supreme consciousness and that is god and it is beyond physics laws and science will not find the god through physics

@WonderMan so it comes from supreme consciousness and that is god and it is beyond physics laws and science will not find the...

Wonderman - I am a Christian.

I'm not into adjusting my beliefs to fit into some kind of universal belief system.

Supreme consciousness sounds pretty cool, but I've never seen it in the Bible to describe God.

I agree that Science will never be satisfied of God's existence. The eyes of science are closed to the obvious existence of God.

I have respect for your beliefs Wonderman.

One.