-1

The shining beacon that is The American Dream had dimmed, had become a mere flicker. Two actions today have rekindled that flame: Trump's EO protecting families, and the Senate's rejection of CHP cuts. The dream is alive, for now. Don't let it dwindle again.

VicZincs avatar People & Celebrities
1 62

Trump signs an executive order for something that he started. Yeah right. His signing was just another photo op, all he had to do was make a phone call weeks ago and none of this would have happened. But as usual he wanted the attention.

Now that he has separated so many kids from their parents, how will he reunite them? As usual, he has no plans for that. Some of the parents have already been deported without their little ones. How sadistic this president is. And he wouldn't have signed anything except he was losing quite a bit of Republican support. He doesn't care one bit about what has happened, all he's concerned about his TRUMP.

@StarzAbove Trump signs an executive order for something that he started. Yeah right. His signing was just another photo op...

Yes. The real bright light is that the Republicans are starting to step up. They are admitting the damage he is doing to our country and are, for the first time, starting to defy him. Bravo! Country before party.

@VicZinc Yes. The real bright light is that the Republicans are starting to step up. They are admitting the damage he is...

It's about time....but Kudos to them for finally standing up for America and stop being afraid of the Bully of Our Country.

That's why Trump got elected Vic, trying to rekindle the American dream.

@VicZinc Yep. Too bad he nearly extinguished it.

Not at all,
Vic, just out of curiosity, I'm trying to figure out how the left will put a negative spin on Trump's pardon of Jack Johnson. The only thing I can come up with is that he took too long to do it.

@ozzyboy Not at all, Vic, just out of curiosity, I'm trying to figure out how the left will put a negative spin on Trump's...

Can't think of any reason to worry about that one. Now D'Souza, Libby and Arpaio - are a different matter.

Libby sets a precedence for pardoning obstructors of justice. Arapio is just a sicko racist lowlife. D'Sousa sets a precedence for pardoning people who make illegal campaign contributions.

@VicZinc Can't think of any reason to worry about that one. Now D'Souza, Libby and Arpaio - are a different matter. Libby...

Ha,ha, if all the Dems were prosecuted for their illegal donations they would have to build a ton of new prisons.
I like the law and order of Arpaio and he was railroaded by the past administration. Follow the rules, that's all.
I don't know or care enough about Libby to even comment.

Whoa whoa whoa... His administration was responsible for the splitting up of families in the first place. He doesn't get credit for backtracking on his own policy.

That's like taking a dump on someone's floor, cleaning it and then saying: "See what a huge favor I just did you by cleaning up your shit problem? Aren't I great?"

That's not how this is supposed to work. Not how it works in my house at least, my kid would never get away with behavior like that.

Overton window theory, go check that out.

@2782459

"This particular policy is indeed Trump's."

That is correct and that's the topic of this post. I oppose those policies as well, as we discussed at great length the other day. When Trump ends those policies, I'll certainly credit him for them.

I always endeavor to look at the big picture. Exchanging a media controlled window for a executive window is of little significance to me. They all lie their assess off, I don't abide those perimeters. I can pretty well discern between a good deal and a con.

@2782528

Fortunately there are more than those two options. lol

@2782459

The media puppets have less and less influence as social media becomes more powerful. This victory falls squarely on the users of Twitter and Facebook.

@2782494

The right owns the media and you know it.

@2782498

John Flannery - Republican
Rupert Murdoch - Conservative
Bob Iger - Democrat
Bob Backish - Democrat
Jeff Bewkes - Republican
Leslie Moonves - Republican

@2781974

Not at all, but the humpty is starting to tumble.

@2782025

FEMA is a joke.

@2781992

That was disgusting and I called him out on that. What a douchebag! Talk about giving prog a bad name, Fonda can go to hell for even suggest that.

@Budwick Atta boy! Glad to see you coming around. Here's a present for...

No thanks. America has always been great in my eyes. You regressives only imagine it is a sh!thole.

Never seen it dim in the first place.

The American dream doesn't flicker just because politics don't go your way.

The people still trying to get in here illegally, don't seem to think it was ever barely flickering...If they did, they would've stop trying to get in here illegally.

Obama kicked out more illegal immigrants than any other president.
The flame didn't go out then, it won't go out now...or ever..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree -1Reply
@2782106

She Vic knows. And the Obama deported more people than any president.

Oh, more than Germany - Germany with 1/4 of our population and 1/5 of our land mass and 1/60 of or GDP.

I think was can handle a few more migrants than 'Germany'.

@2782288

Yes it is. But violating human rights and using Nazi tactics can not be the best idea we as a nation can muster.

@2782463

Disagree. That exactly what was happening to the point the even Trump's inner circle was appalled including his wife and daughter.

@2782106

Doesn't surprise me..

I get the feeling... if some wouldn't get the extra pickles on their Quarter Pounder.

The cook would be Hitler and the McDonalds a clever disguise for a KKK resort.. biggrin smilie

@DandyDon Never seen it dim in the first place. The American dream doesn't flicker just because politics don't go your...

There is a lot of room for ideological differences, there is no room for supporting a government that condones white supremacist, violates international laws, pardons felons just because they support him, participates in human rights abuse. That is not a political debate, that is unamerican.

@2782007

I wonder how people who are defending separating kids from their parents, can live with themselves. Maybe they would welcome the thought of THEIR kids being torn from their arms and put in a detention camp, maybe never to see them again.