+6

Confirmed by WH spokesperson. She did wear this jacket to see the kids. I'll just leave this here and see who wants to defend her wardrobe choice.

Image for post Confirmed by WH spokesperson.  She did wear this jacket to see the kids.  I'll just leave this here and see who wants to defend her wardrobe choice.
VicZincs avatar Jokes & Humour
2 79
@2782583

lets tilt all the checks and balences in one direction, champion the rights of people to be mean to others and harass, joke about becoming president for life, buddy up to unsavory foreign leaders, fuck with peoples minds by giving them legal weed yay! then when they're on your side...slip the noose. Maybe presidents shouldn't have two terms how about four again like FDR? why have limits at all? all branches of government agree shake hands boom its law. whats next? postpone elections a bit....its not the right time....we have issues to sort out....tighten the noose, whats wrong sjws? people are just making jokes right? it's not energizing anthing....especially not angry desperate disenfranchised citizens...who will hapilly vote for anything if it means getting their agenda forwarded... and then the floor drops out from under you. before you know it.....the government has become facist.

@2782739

Actually the laws on the books say that you can cross the boarder anywhere as long as you report to the authorities upon arrival. And that if you are not an immediate threat you cannot be detained without due process. That's the actual law.

http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/prot...detention.html

Signed into law by Jimmy Carter

@2783140

I agree. They probably shouldn't and won't receive asylum. Fine. Follow the law. There is no need to restrict their movements beyond perhaps an ankle monitor. Certainly don't take their babies with no records as to where they were sent.

@2783175

None of the people in detention meet that definition? I did not know that. None. Those that come from mexico and report to the authorities seeking asylum still have their kids. Did not know that either.

I guess you're right then. Take away their kids and send them thousands of miles aways with sketchy records as to where they are and no plan to reunite them with their parent. Sounds fair.

@2783187

I already agreed you were right and that the tactic you seem to condone is probably fair given their lack of persecution and all. clap smilie

@VicZinc Actually the laws on the books say that you can cross the boarder anywhere as long as you report to the authorities...

Your reference is to a UN Convention, Vic. You should try reading it sometime. hehe smilie

"Despite this provision, asylum seekers are placed in detention facilities throughout Europe, North America, and Australia, owing to their illegal entry or presence. In its July 2000 review of reception standards for asylum seekers in the European Union, UNHCR found several different types of detention in operation, including detention at border points or in airport transit areas, and that the grounds for detention also vary. For example, refugees and asylum seekers may be detained at the ‘pre-admission’ phase, because of false documents or lack of proper documentation, or they may be held in anticipation of deportation or transfer to a ‘safe third country’, for example, under the provisions of the Dublin Convention. Several countries have no limit on the maximum period of detention, including Denmark, Finland, Greece, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, while others provide maximum periods and require release if no decision on admission or removal has been taken."

@2782583

So in the absence of positions worth supporting, we're now settling for "no other president supports Trump" (openly) as a bona-fide.

That's really something...

@2783115

Simmer down... I'm not "the left" and I support unrestricted right of all humans to keep and bear arms.

@2783127

Yes, simmer down, this isn't a renaissance faire. It's not that serious...

@2783147

Good luck with all that...

Defend her wardrobe choice? Anybody can wear whatever the heck they want, period... defended.

As for you're implied deeper meaning, people are using their predetermined biased to assume who her audience is... those assumptions could very well be wrong.

After all, it's been reported that Melania and Ivanka were the ones pushing to change the policy... so, if true, then clearly she does care about that issue/audience. So it's probably a different issue/audience.

I love their response to the willfully ignorant:
Despite her wearing a jacket that literally sends a message, people shouldn't read some bigger meaning into it.

Fuckin' wow...

@2782922

Don't care one bit and the ones making a big deal about it is the usual drama production.

I'm pretty sure that jacket she wore, was telling the media she doesn't care what they think about her choice of clothing..

"Fresh drama is being serve, single line if you're buying, please!".

I think it was an odd wardrobe choice, for the start of that particular mission. I have no idea, of course, just why she chose to wear it.

@Piper2 I think it was an odd wardrobe choice, for the start of that particular mission. I have no idea, of course, just...

That's the whole game. We're to believe Trump's an fuckin' enigma when it comes to his policy / agenda, but we're to ignore the obvious daily 'fuck you's' because taking them a face value would be overly paranoid, ya know... lol

@ForkNdaRoad That's the whole game. We're to believe Trump's an fuckin' enigma when it comes to his policy / agenda, but we're...

How could anyone possibly believe that about Donald Trump, I wonder. His current wife is far less transparent, seems to me.

@Piper2 How could anyone possibly believe that about Donald Trump, I wonder. His current wife is far less transparent...

No one actually believes it, but it is definitely what the camp aspires to project. Like "covefefe," that was the best illustration to date. That couldn't be an obvious, but harmless mistake, it had to be a premeditated psychological game.

This was a desperate attempt to distract and play the victim all at the same time.

@Piper2 True, and it's sadly and almost amusing...sometimes.

I used to find it comical, now it just makes me sad for the younger gen that will be stuck with the mess and ill equipped to deal with it because they were robbed of a proper education.

@ForkNdaRoad I used to find it comical, now it just makes me sad for the younger gen that will be stuck with the mess and ill...

I do not find many things this president and his administration are doing remotely comical. I haven't with most past presidents, either, some things. The defense of and conflicting statements about this president and what he says are sometimes almost amusing to me, though.
Are his "tweets" official statements of what he means, as has been stated by some of his spokespersons? Or is it just "sarcasm", "joking" or some clever strategy, one might wonder. I do not.

I can understand your concern for the younger generation, Tink.

@Piper2 I do not find many things this president and his administration are doing remotely comical. I haven't with...

He's an obviously conflicted person. I sometimes wonder if even he understands what he means.

I've noticed a common thread among the Trump supporters I personally know irl that's disturbing for coming gens. They typically fall into two camps. Camp 1: "The end is near" and Camp 2: "I don't care so long as my SS checks continue, I'm dying soon anyway."

Discouraging. Either waiting to die or waiting to kill. Seems like a pathetic existence, you know?

@ForkNdaRoad He's an obviously conflicted person. I sometimes wonder if even he understands what he means. I've noticed a...

Well, he does seem to lack understanding of many things...no doubt. “Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated”, for instance. Oh brother.

I don't know very many Trump supporters personally. Not people I spend much time around, anyway.

Those attitudes are discouraging, yes. I've always figured that the "I don't care as long as ____"one, has to be a far simpler existence than actually caring about things that don't have a direct negative impact on one's own life.

@Piper2 Well, he does seem to lack understanding of many things...no doubt. “Nobody knew that health care could be so...

I'd settle for he or his die-hards exhibiting a desire to learn, you know. I won't knock someone for genuine ignorance, provided they're willing to learn.

I've encountered many irl because, well, I'm in Texas and I'm more active in my community than in the past. It's mostly for my son, either through the school or his extra-curriculars. But that's where I get to know them and I have tried to actually get to know them. I observe them and there are a few that concern me, in all seriousness.

And yes, it's because I do care. It does complicate things... greatly. But it isn't something you can turn off, as I'm sure you know.

And I want my kid to care too, I want him to realize that not only do his decisions affect the lives of others, his ignorance does. I want him to choose to learn even if the truth conflicts with his desires or beliefs. Because a lot of these problems would benefit from that approach. Whether or not it works out that way, that will remain to be seen. lol

If this is true, than this is just another what I'd like to call "dog whistles" when confronted about it you can easily defend it as saying oh i just threw it on. But if you're paying attention you fucking know damn well what it means

@VicZinc It appears to be accurate with multiple media outlets confirming.

thats upsetting. For a moment I thought she may have had a heart

@TomboyJanet thats upsetting. For a moment I thought she may have had a heart

TBJ I think she wore it because she is a typical good looking woman- her head is as empty as a used up oyster shell. It might mean something to her but it certainly isn't something anyone with a brain would wear while on official business.

@2782666

No...not fake news. She wore that very jacket. And the conversation is about living, breathing, children. Not embryos.

@2783224

It is sad to me that a large part of the American population would find this political stunt not only acceptable but amusing.

As you pointed out Gronk, this was a calculated (and successful) ploy to anger the left and cheer Trump's base who really do not care what happens to to children. Congratulations on choosing a side.

It shows a complete lack of thought.. not unusual in the Trump family.

@2782575

That woman shouldn't even be here let alone married to the president - I wonder if he ordered her onlinewhat smilie

@2784111

I know she is legal, but far as I know she has no way to support herself when they get divorced.

@2782575

This one?

https://apnews.com/afc80e51b562...907b49ae624e79

Started in 2015 and continues under Trump and involves MS 13 members?

@VicZinc This one? https://apnews.com/afc80e51b562...907b49ae624e79 Started in 2015 and continues under Trump and...

Actually started in 2007, Vic, but the Media Establishment didn't care for much of the time since then, for obvious reasons.

They only affect to care now, and are falling all over themselves to pile on, for equally obvious reasons.

From your own reference, Vic:
"The Shenandoah detention center was built by a coalition of seven nearby towns and counties to lock up local kids charged with serious crimes. Since 2007, about half the 58 beds are occupied by male and female immigrants between the ages of 12 and 17 facing deportation proceedings or awaiting rulings on asylum claims. Though incarcerated in a facility similar to a prison, the children detained on administrative immigration charges have not yet been convicted of any crime."

@VicZinc Because conservatives don't care.

I didn't know Obama was a conservative.

I learn something new every day. biggrin smilie

Besides, I thought there was a law (since the Carter administration) banning that kind of thing, if you are to be believed.

@Thinkerbell I didn't know Obama was a conservative. I learn something new every day. Besides, I thought there was...

What Obama did was illegal then. He's not there anymore. Stop Trump from doing it again. Only someone with heinous intend would allow a repeat of Obama's sins.

I was wrong not to attempt to stop Obama, but now I must stop Trump

@VicZinc What Obama did was illegal then. He's not there anymore. Stop Trump from doing it again. Only someone with heinous...

You didn't attempt to stop Obama because he was your swine rather than their swine. biggrin smilie

If Hillary were now president, you wouldn't be trying to stop her either. Heck, you wouldn't even be reading about it in the MSM; they'd be protecting her, as they did the big 0. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

I was glad she went to see what was going on, I have no idea why she would wear a jacket like that on a hot day ( 81 degrees).... that was in poor taste. But as usual, it was a distraction from the real issue at hand....the migrant children.

@2783795

The parents know what will happen to the kids, they don't care.
They were hoping the kids would play on peoples emotions and get them (the parents) in...that's what they care about.

Mexico didn't give a damn about them or their kids and allowed them, like they allow all illegals, to slip through their country

I'm waiting for a law to pass, that all people being arrested, no matter what law they break, will have their kids stay with them while being locked up.

If that's a law for illegals, then its good for regular citizens too.

Probably have to start putting jail cells in Holiday Inns.

Yes Vic, she wore the jacket.
She wore it on the plane down to visit the border, and on the way home. She did not wear it while off the plane.

Of course you and the left ilk will believe that she means to say she doesn't care about the kids.

Think what you want. Make it a mid-term ad! No one cares about your constant bitching anymore - including the first lady!

As usual, Vic, you and Acosta are not telling the whole truth. Melania wore that jacket when she got on the plane, and later when she deplaned after the return flight, but was not wearing it "to see" or "to visit" the kids.

Snopes got it right in their headline, although not in their subheading.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-che...ated-families/

Even CNN got it right, at least in this piece. hehe smilie

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/...ket/index.html

@Thinkerbell As usual, Vic, you and Acosta are not telling the whole truth. Melania wore that jacket when she got on the plane...

The fact that she would deign to wear that jacket at the height of this controversial even for a one minute photo-op, and that you and other would dismiss it as a fashion choice is proof to me that this nation is overrun by white supremist, many of which dwell here.

@VicZinc The fact that she would deign to wear that jacket at the height of this controversial even for a one minute...

I agree that the optics of the choice were not good, given the fuss liberals would make over it, including the predictable exaggerations by the likes of Acosta and you, Vic. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell I agree that the optics of the choice were not good, given the fuss liberals would make over it, including the...

It was an excellent choice. It worked as planned, drive a wedge deeper, solidify the base, get ready for the showdown.

@VicZinc It was an excellent choice. It worked as planned, drive a wedge deeper, solidify the base, get ready for the showdown.

Pure baloney, Vic, as usual on your part. biggrin smilie
It solidified the lib base much more than the con base.

Duhhhhn duhnnnnnn. duhhhhhhnnnnnnn!!! Drama.. served fresh and hot.