There should be something in place to prevent America from electing to become a facist state.

we need a failsafe. That was supposed to be our checks and balances and our electoral college, but when both of those fail what do we have left? Perhaps we need a constitutional amendment that prevents people from popularly deciding to end democracy. I'm not saying it's happening just yet, but the very possibility that i COULD happen is pretty frightening. I'd rather try all I can to prevent it from happening then turn out i wasn't going to happen in the first place than to do nothing and have it actually happen. I mean what's the worst thing? I could be wrong and Trump and his ilk could really be harmless in the end. Then good. I have nothing to fear. But what if I'm not wrong?

We need to ensure that democracy is PRESERVED for the future. In a fury of desperation and fear I see that people are so quick to abandon their principles to gain emergency help from their situation. We see that with religious leaders poo pooing the Don's immoral family values (at least immoral to the bible). It's the REAL slippery slope in this country.

Image for post There should be something in place to prevent America from electing to become a facist state.
80% Agree 20% Disagree -
TomboyJanets avatar Politics
5 71

First, great job in keeping with you anti-troll post earlier. I know as one of "Trump's ilk", I really appreciate that you've only implied that Trump is creating a fascist state instead saying it out right. It is far less enraging!

I also think it's swell that you found a way to have unnamed 'religious leaders' dis Trump's family values instead of coming out and simply identifying something real. That is helpful too.

I realize even though much of your explanation centers on Trump, you clearly stated that "I'm not saying it's happening just yet" - so obviously if anyone was to assume you were bashing on Trump - well how wrong could that be?

But as to the question in your headline - I think that Troopers idea is excellent and I think that protecting our sovereignty as a nation, controlling immigration to the country is very important too.

@Budwick First, great job in keeping with you anti-troll post earlier. I know as one of "Trump's ilk", I really appreciate...

see we just keep deflecting this to talk about immigration. I'm not scared of immigrants. I'm scared of a top down dismantling of what our founding fathers set up.

Hang on just a second and boom

why support him?

I'm implying it only because I'm not 100 percent sure yet Budwick. I don't know if he is or not. I'm only half sure it's in the realm of possibility but it shouldn't even be that high. For Bush I was probably about 15 percent sure he'd become a dictator. Probably much less if it wasn't for cheney. And even then I'd not expect it to be outright Bang the drums dicatator ship but more like sneaky get everyone to agree with you that tyranny is good dicatator ship (ie torture, camps for gays etc) But that was slim pickings. With Obama I was .02 percent sure he'd be a dicatator only because of charisma and the Audacity of hype. Yes I questioned myself on Obama too. "what if the cons are right about him?" I never take a 100 percent stance on anything because the world doesn't work in black and white.

Even if Trump himself is unaware of what he wrought he has stirred up some nasty hornets in america. We're starting to push freedom so far that it's going in the opposite direction. We say give open debate to facisists, let them have their say. I think that's dangerous. I just don't want cruelty to become popular. That's all.

But I'd rather push back and stop a coupe I think is happening but isn't than sit back and let a coupe I don't thing is going to happen happen. Think of it as a bit of a Pacal's Wager if you will. All I hope is that if I am right, and this man turns out to be the man who would be king, that people like you will actually RECOGNIZE it and do the right thing. In the meantime I'm going to do my part and vote democratic in the midterms even though my state doesn't really matter. Perhaps I should move to florida with my mom after all. Since I have no intention of pulling an assassination or anything like that, and no interest in being a martyr I mean what does it hurt if I'm wrong? nothing? But at least I'm going to try to do what's right. That's all we can do.

@TomboyJanet see we just keep deflecting this to talk about immigration. I'm not scared of immigrants. I'm scared of a top down...

I'm sorry, my comment regarding immigration appears to have been out of bounds somehow.

I see you've discounted the Voter ID thing too.

I'm not afraid of immigrants either. I'm totally in favor of LEGAL immigration.

You say " I just don't want cruelty to become popular. That's all. " That's very nice. I wonder, have you voiced your concern to Twitter over this post?

Cuz I think it's pretty clear that in this day of high tension over a hot issue - well this is PROMOTING hurting people!

Peculiar that a few years ago a tweet that read "Did you know Obama is a socialist" was removed as hate speech.

Janet, I suspected when I saw your post this AM about trolls that maybe it was directed to everyone -

everyone except you.

Other people have good ideas too Janet.

@2783214

cute.
How about that big wal mart raise we were all given due to trump's tax cuts......before all our hours were cut and all our equipment failures were ignored

It will never happen; we all have guns.

@2783276

Great Fallout art! Thanks!

@ZonkeyBalls Some of us have sniper rifles.

Yes we do. And shotguns. You don't even have to be a good shot to be effective with them.

@JerryHendrickson Your neighbors must love you.

The ones that are still alive, have the utmost respect for me and my authority. Unlike Cartman's...

Anyone who thinks they're living in a fascist state because of Trump needs to learn what fascism actually is.

You are not oppressed, and you are not living under fascism just because your preferred candidate lost.

@TomboyJanet I didn't say we're there yet. I'm saying the conditions are right for one to form

So you mean fascism is people having thoughts and opinions that are different than yours?

In a truly fascist state, the vast majority of the media wouldn't be allowed to trash talk the goverment 24/7, and people would be "mysteriously disappearing" for saying anything bad about the government.

It looked stupid and paranoid when people thought Obama was going to turn the USA into a communist country, and it looks just as stupid and paranoid now that people think Trump is going to turn the USA into a nazi country.

@2782964

how is that relevant to this

@2783104

We have to do that in Finland.

We have to produce official photo ID and the notice, that states, that the person is registered as a legitimate voter, in front of three officials. Then, you go to the booth and draw a pussy or write "Donald Duck" on the bloody card.

@2783104

My concern is not about the tiny issue of voter fraud, including the made up incident in New England. My concern is the lack of checks and balences when all three branches become a Trump Fanclub and anyone who dare disagrees is weeded out. That's frightening

Could you people just calm down and take things as they are.

He is the legally elected president. Certainly, there is a lot of air under the wig, but still... That's what democracy is about. Populism is fine - you can make a good living with it. I see no difference between the TV show and how he runs the silly country. It's called experience.

Besides, we get good laughs at this side of the pond, every now and then.

@ZonkeyBalls Could you people just calm down and take things as they are. He is the legally elected president. Certainly, there...

You mean...

Just wait until your next chance to vote because that's the only thing that will produce any real results, no matter how much you moan and groan ?.

There's no drama in that..

@DandyDon You mean... Just wait until your next chance to vote because that's the only thing that will produce any real...

Well, I could assassinate him for four bucks and a free burger, but nobody has that kind of money these days.

@ZonkeyBalls Well, I could assassinate him for four bucks and a free burger, but nobody has that kind of money these days.

Please don't. The last thing we need is for someone to turn him into a martyr. Untimely death will only turn him into an undeserved legend.

@2788302

Trumpy-Bear has no affect on my panties and I'm the least tolerant person I know. lol

@2789079

Whew, that's a mighty long list of assumptions about someone you've never met and barely even spoken to.

I have to ask, how's that workin for ya??? lmao

There is...it's called reality..

@DandyDon There is...it's called reality..

I used to think that too but these things happen because we say "It couldn't happen"

@TomboyJanet I used to think that too but these things happen because we say "It couldn't happen"

I don't see anything happening..

Lots of people get very dramatic about situations, when it isn't their president of choice doing it..

I didn't buy into the nonsense of "Obama is going to take my guns" and all that other political dribble.

Not going to start now..

For the Fascist, everything is in the State, and nothing human or spiritual exists, much less has value, outside the State.
-Benito Mussolini

If, whenever there's a problem, you look to the government for a solution, you're treading on dangerous ground. If you want to do something to prevent the rise of fascism, stop looking to the government to be the center of everything, solve your own problems and encourage others to do so too.

For example, if there's a cause you think needs attention, don't petition the government to deal with it, support a charity that addresses it, or if there isn't such a charity, start one. That's the American way, or at least it used to be. Independence and free will, not government control. Charity, not taxation.

@2783211

and you don't think three branches of government all leaning the same way is a little....lopsided? what if they all agreed to add power to the executive branch. Let me just ask you this. If it was proposed to extend presidential term limits under trump would you agree with it? if the answer is anything other than no we got a big problem here.

@TomboyJanet and you don't think three branches of government all leaning the same way is a little....lopsided? what if they all...

Do you just dream of stuff to complain about all day?

No one is even remotely thinking of extending presidential term limits.

Conservatives are pushing hard for congressional term limits! Wanna get on board that train Janet?

We do have....it's called Congress. But they are so afraid of losing their jobs if they go against Trump....so they agree with him. Pathetic bunch of losers.

You're not wrong.... Trump is destroying all our national institutions to satisfy his own whims and to get even with President Obama. He's made America the laughing stock of the world.

Our electoral college was supposed to be that safeguard... But we see how that's worked out.

He is doing a good job.He cares about us .The American people.

I see the trolls are back. Good Let them be back. Let me know I'm worrying you

@2783216

you honestly expect me to believe that somewhere around 27 anon voters actually disagree with every post I put up including the one about how pedophiles are bad at the exact same time? what kind of idiot do you take me for?

@2789080

I think your post is hilarious can I frame it?

@2789080

also you didn't exactly answer my question. unless your answer is "I think Janet is stupid so I'm going to try to fool her by anon disagreeing 25ish times per post to make her think the world is against her"

If we elect to become a fascist state in an honest election, it will be the first time in history that it has happened. Historically, fascists have come to power by a combination of brute force street fighting, political dishonesty and forcible suppression of dissenting views, very much the same paradigm that communists and other extremist groups have used.

You know, like Antifa, for example.

Once in power, fascists and communists never allow honest elections until they collapse for one reason or another.

https://capitalresearch.org/art...ts-take-power/

So the best safeguard against an extremist takeover of any kind is to make sure the people retain the power to vote freely, and the best safeguard of that, ultimately, is the 2nd Amendment.

What is a faciest state to you?

Sure there should be. Isn't that why we are allowed to vote for new people off and on?

Anonymous