Please use only your own thoughts to theorize what started the dragon myths/stories

I don't want to sway any ideas you may. write. Please just think about it and tell us all what you yourself really thinks may have been the reason every country religion and race has a dragon story in their history.

https://www.123rf.com/photo_797...77jm7f7me1-1-4

57% Ithink this 43% Other
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Books
8 36

I'm not sure these are my own thoughts as I'm just repeating ideas that I heard and thought sounded good.

But they're pretty sure that some of the "dragons" in one area of China, were extremely similar to Oar Fish.
Image in content from 8 to 50 feet according to this Image in content Image in content

And I've always liked the theory that the dragon is a creature created from other animals that we had to be worried about... like the head of a lizard, length of a snake, scales of a fish, arms of a big cat and claws of a bird.

I was close, though I would argue it's head makes me think reptile more than camel... and reptiles are more scary around the world than a camel.
https://ninchanese.com/blog/201...hinese-dragon/
the head of a camel, the horns of a stag (male deer), the eyes of a demon, the ears of a cow, the neck of a snake, the belly of a clam, the scales of a carp, the claws of an eagle, the paws of a tiger.

And some have suggested that there were more animals that might have disappeared and we still don't yet know about... and they're still learning about deep sea fish (including the Oar Fish, which again, some statues were made out of ... but I guess Oar Fish are known to sometimes wash up on shore once they're getting weak and die).

@Zolfie I'm not sure these are my own thoughts as I'm just repeating ideas that I heard and thought sounded good. But...

Zolfie people were so ignorant of reality in the beginning. Could have been any of those or something else.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Zolfie people were so ignorant of reality in the beginning. Could have been any of those or something else.

They weren’t, at least not on purpose. What they saw as reality was different than how we see it. Some things were beyond comprehension.

@ZonkeyBalls

Zonkey that is a strange interview glad it has subtitles because it is difficult to understand the accent. She must be related to the queen confused smilie

The Scottish...I think it all started when someone spotted the Lock Nut Washer.

@Azlotto The Scottish...I think it all started when someone spotted the Lock Nut Washer.

azlotto - that might be true fore that area of the world, but china who didn't talk to scotland also has dragons in history. Poor old Nessie may be dead as nobody sees her any more, it would be nice to think she just flew away to the ocean.

Well, we know there were creatures that resembled dragons in the ancient past, but science believes they died out long before modern humans evolved, because that's what they are led to believe based on the fossil record.

I would point out though that fossils are very rare compared to animal populations. Look how many humans there are, how many of us will become fossils? Not very many.

So I'd say there are 2 possibilities for the origin of dragon myths: 1 people found fossils of "dragons" and created the myths around them, that's kind of mundane, but highly plausible.

The second possibility is there were some small populations of dinosaurs that survived into the human era and the stories grew out of that. But since the conditions that create fossils are very rare, there were just too few dinosaurs to leave a sufficiently large fossil record for us to discover.

@2783538

rooster maybe someday i will find that around.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred rooster maybe someday i will find that around.

rooster I just found that book and read the first chapter. Bad language, I wonder why authors demean themselves when there are hundreds of words to express feelings so many are now going to the lowest part of the population for words?? Oh well I will read it anyhow, my rule start it finish it.

@2783538

I'd prefer "The Not So Great Zoo of China" better.

@ZonkeyBalls I'd prefer "The Not So Great Zoo of China" better.

Zonky - have you read either one? Not so great sounds a bit lack luster they do have some pandas, but I am not a big panda bear fanjolly smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred What is up with pandas? People on here are always talking about them.

Well, they aren't otters.

It's a deception. Like a magic trick. Making you look the other way, distracting you properly.

@Maze Well, we know there were creatures that resembled dragons in the ancient past, but science believes they died out...

maze that could make sense seeing they now believe dinos became birds. Might have been more flying dinos than we know of. They may have been more colorful too.

Gosh I would post more questions if it were easier to get the pictures I want

https://www.shutterstock.com/se...eathing+dragon

Someone with a weird imagination.

Maybe long ago they existed, then they died off or disappeared. Truth becomes myth, myth becomes legend.

Well ... according to mythology ... dragons had powerful magic, were immortal (or at least lived a VERY long time), and could shift forms to become human. They were also hunted and killed for their hoards of gold and jewels.

MY theory is that dragons are/were real ... took human form to avoid being hunted ... and got stuck as "humans" when magic disappeared. They are still alive, stuck in human form, due to their long life span - and are maintaining a low profile but controlling all the world governments with their accumulated wealth.

@Walt_OReagun Well ... according to mythology ... dragons had powerful magic, were immortal (or at least lived a VERY long time)...

Walt - that would be interesting wouldn't it. I have read either Japan or China thought one of their first kings was half dragon. I just hope someday they find real proof.

Some bird grabbed a lizard and someone with poor eyesight or really drunk saw it.

Sofias avatar Sofia Ithink this 0Reply

This was my own post from months ago-Is the sight so small they have nothing new to use????? I am going to ask some crazyguy I know to join so he wilget things going