+5

Have you ever needed blood work? How does it feel?

Image for post Have you ever needed blood work? How does it feel?
Zolfies avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
3 14

Sure I get blood taken every month. It feels like a thorn stabbing you. This last time yesterday a new girl couldn't get my blood in the regular spot so now I have a bruise on both arms. If you need a lot of tubes taken you could ask for a butterfly needle. It is smaller and they don't get an opportunity to jiggle the needle around. But only if the blood drawer is good with the butterfly.

Yes, every time I have a physical, they take my blood. Most times it doesn't hurt, but sometimes the nurses aren't so gentle. One time I had to give my own blood for a surgery that I was having soon. I fainted on the table, so my husband stepped up to the plate and gave blood for me. So we joke about being blood brothers now. lol

I've had a few of those done. I remember last year when I finally found out my blood type during physiology class. They pricked my finger then I mixed it with several antigens to find out which blood type I belong to.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I've had a few of those done. I remember last year when I finally found out my blood type during physiology class...

Yeah! We’ve done that. That and TLC were my exam practicals. I’ve pricked myself multiple times in physiology class.

Not too bad. A stick and mostly dull ache until it is over. Recovery is almost instantaneous.

I've taken bloodwork. Just a needle in your arm, no big deal :p.The only thing I think about is if the nurse knows where it is she's pricking. :p 1cm off and you can prick the wrong thing. Good thing it's just the arm though. Bloodwork in the peen would suck! Some have needed that lol.

Yes, fairly regularly. I have an appointment for tomorrow morning. It really isn't too bad if you drink a lot of water ahead of time to plump up your veins and have a skilled technician. It just feels like a little sting.

I'm not eligible to donate blood now but I donated every few months from ages 16-21

It feels like you're being stuck by a needle until they hit the vessel and then it feels like nothing. Unless you're donating doubles and then sometimes you get cold or feel faint or your mouth tastes funny

Bloodwork for me every week. Butterfly needle is good only if the vampire knows how to use it, I have asked for the tiny needle and due to fool student or stupid vampire, I had to give them mt other arm for another try. Bloodwork isn't too bad, just deal and it will be done in no time, they give you a cute bandaid. Don't even worry about it..

It doesn't bother me at all .I had it done so many times.