+9

Pay attention to what people joke about. Sometimes Jokes are the most honest things people say. Humor is a great shield.

Image for post Pay attention to what people joke about. Sometimes Jokes are the most honest things people say. Humor is a great shield.
TomboyJanets avatar People & Celebrities
8 19

Humor can deflect bullets and certain types of direct-energy weapons.

I have second-hand experience about the subject.

@2784225

A joke can be like a light sabre, perhaps?

@2784942

The Farce be with you, ProdigalSon,
But please, do set your jokes on stun. biggrin smilie

Much of jokes can also be the truth of the person who is telling the joke, but without signifying whom is the target (never punch down).

Ricky Gervais is good at joking about a particular topic (obesity, aids, cancer) without joking towards a person, but the absurdity of the topic. It's a good use of irony if you make fun about yourself, while making fun of the topic, rather than others. Even the great sherlock holmes used jokes while solving his cases.

If people who swear and can make well put and well timed jokes, then they're intelligent and honest.

Lord help me if I'm judged by jokes...I'm one sick puppy.

If many a truth is spoken in jest, is many a sex joke hard science?hehe smilie

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

Of course I mean when the president jokes about being president for life and extending his term. Make sure you do the right thing and vote against anyone supporting it if it ever comes up

Or it's just comedy even if blunt. I think people shouldn't go crazy over it, of course talking about jokes and not comments disguised as jokes.

Yea, I see what you mean.

Like Kathy Griffin..holding a decapitated head.

Funny to some...not so much to others..

@DandyDon Yea, I see what you mean. Like Kathy Griffin..holding a decapitated head. Funny to some...not so much to others..

What about the woman with the hillary clinton head on her lawn during halloween? was that ok?

@TomboyJanet What about the woman with the hillary clinton head on her lawn during halloween? was that ok?

I've never seen that.

To me.. no it's not okay.
Not something I consider comedy, I consider it to be stupid, no matter who the person is.

So, since you're asking me that.
Are you okay with it, when it's Trumps head?.