+34

You have had a pet, at some point in your life, rite?

Image for post You have had a pet, at some point in your life, rite?
Zolfies avatar Relationships
9 38

Gerbils, and cats. Never had a dog. Though i'm liking to get a rabbit at some point heh.

@Tanor_Faux Gerbils, and cats. Never had a dog. Though i'm liking to get a rabbit at some point heh.

rabbit can be cool, but some of them like to bite and make sure they can't reproduce unless you want a ton of them xp smiliehehe smilie

@Zolfie rabbit can be cool, but some of them like to bite and make sure they can't reproduce unless you want a ton of them...

I have a couple friends that have rabbits. I know of one that has a raccoon! One has a squirrel. Now squirrels and raccoons are harder to take care of, well maybe not, squirrels could be about the same as a chinchilla I'd suppose. If you're good with rodents, i mean I had a couple gerbils that were my favourites and i took real good care of'em. Also good cats too heh. Even when i had a cat and a gerbil, he wouldn't go after him, just watches him though.

I've loved, cared for, and shared my home with many non-human animals over the years. Sometimes temporarily, and sometimes for their lifetime.

I've never thought of or referred to them as "pets", though. For some reason, I just don't like that word for beings I love and respect.

@Piper2 I've loved, cared for, and shared my home with many non-human animals over the years. Sometimes temporarily, and...

I just used that word, as I thought it would make the most sense to the most people, what would you suggest as a better word for what you'd refer to them as?

@Zolfie I just used that word, as I thought it would make the most sense to the most people, what would you suggest as a...

It is a commonly used and understood word, and no criticism of it was intended.

I just don't use it. I call and refer to my animal friends many ways, aside from their names. Just never as pets..... or "furbabies" . :)

Many over the years - cats, dogs, reptiles, birds, fish, rodents. I currently have a very spoiled dog. a smilie

@2784054

awe how sweet biggrin smilie

@2784059

you can be the biggest pain in the house

I believe in you xp smilie

@2784054

That's not a puppy, that's a killer robot.

@2784432

a puppy or killer robot? xp smiliehehe smilie

or both biggrin smilie

We always have a rescue dog or two or three in the house. The question is who is rescuing who?

@ZonkeyBalls As a grammar Nazi, I hope you meant "whom".

I debated on that one and didn't want to sound uppity. like some Nazis I know.(big grin)
What's important are the little lives we have rescued over the
years.

I've had the cutest creature ever to walk on this green Earth. Also, the dumbest. He was trying to make love to cats, which didn't usually end that well.

Have a new Rottweiler puppy that needs an exorcism. I'm a dog person and have had a number of them over the decades. It's just too bad that their life span is so short. It's losing a family member when you lose one.

My parents would only let me have goldfish, so now I'm over-compensating with three cats and a dog!

Always have and always will. See I grew up at a kennel. My family's business

Dogs and one hamster.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply

When a was really little there was a dog, then another dog, now another dog.