Why go swimming in a pool when you can just get soaked in the rain and pretend it's a waterpark? :P

Whenever it rains hard enough, is the best time to go outside and get your soak on. We had a bit of a rainstorm, sans thunder. Though now it's decided to give thunder/lightning when there isn't rain. Pfft. What a cock tease!

As an astraphile or brontophile, it goes together. (An astraphile is someone who is attracted to thunder & lightning, while a brontophile is someone who is attracted to thunderstorms). Pluviophilia is when it involves rain and being rained on.

Image for post Why go swimming in a pool when you can just get soaked in the rain and pretend it's a waterpark? :P
Tanor_Fauxs avatar Jokes & Humour
4 15

I enjoy a good soaking rainstorm! Nothing like washing your hair with rainwater!

@jaded I enjoy a good soaking rainstorm! Nothing like washing your hair with rainwater!

Or just jump in a clean lake like mine, not very common now, even my lake is getting cloudy due to rich people trying to have big lawns and fertilizing the lake to death.

As a child we played in the rain all the time. lol We've had a lot of rain here lately 3-1/2 inches one day.

I always loved being in the rain ... but it's difficult to find a good downpour in Southern California this time of year. a smilie

I personally hate rain, as you already know.

It's just, that since the climate change has been going on for such a long time, it's even raining during the winters a lot over here in Finland. During summertime, if it's a warm rain, it's alright. Unfortunately, warm rains aren't that common over here. Right now, we have +14 C, which isn't exactly either cold or warm and it's raining. I don't like it, but I get the idea, if the temperatures were up to +30 C, which - unfortunately - they hit over here as well, occasionally.

Of course in SoCal, it only rains a few times a year, so a pool makes more sense.

@Flrdsgns Of course in SoCal, it only rains a few times a year, so a pool makes more sense.

I'm so sorry :p Us east coasters get the best rainstorms. All you get is firestorms, which aren't as um... fun.

@Tanor_Faux I'm so sorry :p Us east coasters get the best rainstorms. All you get is firestorms, which aren't as um... fun.

Ya here in Maine we get thunder lightning and downpours - and we still go out drive even walk. It strikes me strange is I travel and the news is all excited that there will be a rainstorm.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Ya here in Maine we get thunder lightning and downpours - and we still go out drive even walk. It strikes me...

Well I would like to go up to Labrador/Newfoundland, because they get the best fog-weather heh. I mean as a Pennsylvanian, we have Centralia to boast with on complete zero-visibility, but up there it's like less than zero visibility..

You could take a shower and pretend you're in Niagara Falls..

because when you dive head first into the rainy road, it gives a much different feeling that the sweet dive into a swimming pool

Anonymous