+5

Fill in the Blank: You remember life before invention of ____?

Fill in the Blank: You remember life before invention of _? Some possibilities: the ziper? fire matches? band-aids? cars? trains? vaseline? cotton buds? safety pin? can opener? the remote? battery? lightbulb? televisions? air conditioning?

Image for post Fill in the Blank: You remember life before invention of ________?
Zolfies avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
7 86

Dishwashers, cassette tapes, electric screwdrivers, school shootings.

@JerryHendrickson Dishwashers, cassette tapes, electric screwdrivers, school shootings.

there was life before cassette tapes? omg smilie xp smilie Kidding, I assume that was the records? I feel like I'm forgetting one... there were records, tapes and CDs, wasn't there one more in there?

Dishwashers are VERY NICE biggrin smilie

computers

@Budwick computers

and now we use them daily , life must of been a lot different

@Zolfie and now we use them daily , life must of been a lot different

Yeah. Unfortunately, all the time computers promised to save us has ended up being spent using computers!

@Budwick Yeah. Unfortunately, all the time computers promised to save us has ended up being spent using computers!

hehe smilie that's reminds me of another one.

Computers were suppose to save paper, and now they're simply used to create even more paper xp smilie

@2784445

hehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie

You're excited about that invention, weren't you? wink smilie

@2784464

I have to admit, it sure does have a visual appeal, but I think a lot of others were better or more helpful. xp smilie

Got some other favorite inventions? xp smilie

I remember life before microwaves.
I remember life before seat belts, bike helmets and smoke alarms

@VicZinc I remember life before microwaves. I remember life before seat belts, bike helmets and smoke alarms

Microwaves are so helpful now smile smilie

Can heat the pizza, without heating the house with the oven smile smilie

@2784478

I love Air conditioning smile smilie

cell phones, well not publicly popular. Was born in '92, but cell phones weren't exactly that popular then.

@2784490

wow, that sounds like it's been a good while ago!

@2784669

I bet they did, probably sabre tooth tigers too smile smilie

@2784774

Well I guess we have the L.A. tar pits to thank for that.

@2784493

That pretty much covers my list too! a smilie

@2784493

Yeah I heard people LOVED electric typewriters when they came out biggrin smilie

I didn't realize in-line skates where that young, but then again, I recently found out bicycles are a lot younger than i realized... I guess wheeled transportation hasn't been around as long as I have thought.

@Zolfie Yeah I heard people LOVED electric typewriters when they came out I didn't realize in-line skates where...

I had a hard time adjusting to the electric typewriter. It was so sensitive compared to the manual typewriter! It took me a few weeks to stop repeating lletttersssss hehe smilie

@JanHaskell I had a hard time adjusting to the electric typewriter. It was so sensitive compared to the manual typewriter! It...

hehe smilie I think I sorta know how that feels to a lesser degree, I've had to go back and forth between two computers with different keyboards.

They had different degree of key sensitive (I think the harder one might of had stuff spilled on it or something), and the keys had a different width apart.

So I almost had to change up how I had my fingers while typing, that was very annoying hehe smilie

Cell phones and PCs.

@SynysterSissy Cell phones and PCs.

Though seem fairly recent smile smilie

@Zolfie Though seem fairly recent

Guess that makes me one of the youngins of the group.

@SynysterSissy Guess that makes me one of the youngins of the group.

If those are the only inventions that have happened, then you certainly are one of the younins xp smilie but you have some company around as well smile smilie

From microwaves to self driving cars, it runs the gamut. My oven went out and it took me seven months to replace it and only got a new one because of Thanksgiving. The microwave went out and it was replaced in an hour. Great invention.

@ozzyboy From microwaves to self driving cars, it runs the gamut. My oven went out and it took me seven months to replace it...

those microwaves are important biggrin smilie

7 months with no baking? ... I don't know, I'd probably need pizza from the home oven before then xp smilie

@Zolfie those microwaves are important 7 months with no baking? ... I don't know, I'd probably need pizza from...

Pizza is one of the least favorite meals in this house, most anything else can be grilled or cooked on top of the stove. I could have done the turkey on the grill but it was easier to just get the new stove that I needed anyway.

Internet, cell phones, TV remotes!

@StarzAbove Internet, cell phones, TV remotes!

No net, phones or remotes? ... how did you ever communicate with people? You actually had to get up to change the TV wt smilieomg smilie

Everything Linnster said ... plus transistor radios. My grandpa bought one for my brother and one for me as soon as they came on the market in 1954. a smilie

Camel toes, Bulgarian dentists, E.T. (both the movie and the horrible console game), the Hinternet, Goatse, Two girls and one cup, Badger Badger Badger, Nyan cat, cell phones, prank phone boards, tweeting, Facebook, free porn, fancy coffee, Eurosport, wireless headphones, Bluetooth and Ferrari F40.

EDIT: Also... Reality television, RFID tags, Viagra.

@Zolfie Now c'mon, there is no way your older than camel toes...

I was born in -1. I'm a god, haven't you noticed it yet?

@ZonkeyBalls Hellwater.

Hellwater or Waterhell?

@Zolfie Hellwater or Waterhell?

Watergatehell, to be precise.

@ZonkeyBalls Watergatehell, to be precise.

That sounds very serious, we better watch out for you

@ZonkeyBalls I know Nixon's balls better than Zonkey's.

I bet you do, you're probably the ball expect!

@Zolfie I bet you do, you're probably the ball expect!

I'm the one the Egyptians called, when they needed a way to move some slabs of stones back in the days. I told them to use ball bearings, but no... They cheated with some alien technology.

@ZonkeyBalls I'm the one the Egyptians called, when they needed a way to move some slabs of stones back in the days. I told them...

I can't believe they cheated!

Wait alien technology? Like fairy dust? Is that alien 👽 tech? xp smilie

@Zolfie I can't believe they cheated! Wait alien technology? Like fairy dust? Is that alien 👽 tech?

Yes, but onlt the tooth fairies carry that kind of power-powder with them.

@2784877

I'm sure some of them were around before you smile smilie

Color TV, plastic bottles, Taco Bell, cable TV, electric starters on motorcycles.

@JustJimColo Color TV, plastic bottles, Taco Bell, cable TV, electric starters on motorcycles.

Plastic bottles? Now that's a new one I'm gonna have to look up. About when did those start? We're all of the other plastics already out?

hehe smilie taxo hell (as my healthy food conscious calls it) hehe smilie

Electric starts we're.a change up, what about electric starters on other stuff?

@Zolfie Plastic bottles? Now that's a new one I'm gonna have to look up. About when did those start? We're all of the other...

Plastic bottles didn't start being used commercially until the early 50's. They weren't used for soda until 1970.

Electric starters on lawn mowers....

Google.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +2Reply

So Batman has outlived all of us? xp smilie

No soy sauce? I'm making an Asian dish for tonight that's gonna need some.

@2785544

Ha! You are not older that 20 Mile Team Borax! That's been around since the 1890s... I know I wrote a very short article on it xp smilie

@2786015

Yeah a few in my family swear by it, for stains that they can't get out other way.

The internet (at least in a residential capacity)

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +1Reply
Anonymous