+3

What will happen if aliens see ghosts?

WonderMans avatar
3 46

Are you sure you and Zonkey aren't related?

Aren't ghosts/angels/demons aliens? Assuming of course that souls aren't earth-bound

And wouldn't that make God an alien?

@Wunderscore Aren't ghosts/angels/demons aliens? Assuming of course that souls aren't earth-bound And wouldn't that make...

One would assume not, since ghosts and angels were presumably once living, thus once earth bound. If they originate from earth then they wouldn't be strangers.

I understand the idea of aliens as such who originate from somewhere else and in that case I guess you could say that God is one. We would have to ask where did God originate from but that would make things way too complicated.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I didnt say God originates from earth

you said that we don't know from where God originates so I was just pointing that out. wasn't meant as an argumentative point

@Sunny_the_skeptic You're an odd one.

true. but I don't think that particular idea is too far-fetched

otherwise why would people talk about ancient mythology or other religions or fiction or outdated scientific theories

@Wunderscore true. but I don't think that particular idea is too far-fetched otherwise why would people talk about ancient...

Interesting, someone as rational as you believing in something like this. What do you base this off?

@Wunderscore believing in something like what?

When you said that the idea isn't too far fetched I thought you meant god, angels and ghosts.

@Sunny_the_skeptic When you said that the idea isn't too far fetched I thought you meant god, angels and ghosts.

I meant the idea of talking about things you don't necessarily believe in

but for that matter, plenty of rational people do believe in God or angels or ghosts

@Wunderscore I meant the idea of talking about things you don't necessarily believe in but for that matter, plenty of rational...

What struck me as odd was discussing them as if they were real, not discussing them in general. Going into deeper arguments although it's rather pointless and irrelevant.

@Wunderscore they very well could be real so why not discuss them as though they are?

Because no one has ever proven that they are, and since you can't prove something is not real I can't accept something as real if there is no proof of it.

I didn't see your edit. People have believed in a lot of things that aren't real in order to comfort themselves from questions too hard to answer. Mythology is where gods die.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I didn't see your edit. People have believed in a lot of things that aren't real in order to comfort themselves...

and how do you know that what you believe in or don't believe in to comfort yourself is the correct set of things to believe in or not believe in?

@Wunderscore and how do you know that what you believe in or don't believe in to comfort yourself is the correct set of things...

It's not belief that plays a role really, you don't believe in a fact per se. A fact simply is, if I think something is true I base it on evidence or personal experience. I don't comfort myself in facts, if knowledge is updated and something that was believed as true is no longer so then I will accept the new evidence.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's not belief that plays a role really, you don't believe in a fact per se. A fact simply is, if I think...

it's a little naive to think that what we know as facts today are truly "facts"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...tific_theories

I like the idea that once you are no longer convinced of an idea you adapt your values and beliefs to the new discoveries. I do much of the same. And many people who believe different things than you probably agree

@Wunderscore it's a little naive to think that what we know as facts today are truly...

It's counter productive to be emotionally bound to your opinion and be upset when when what you want to be true is no longer so. If someone is truly intelligent, truly mature they will not stick to an opinion just because they like it.

@Wunderscore yeah I just said I agreed with that

Ok, and I followed up with agreeing with your agreement, as senseless that sounds, I like the page btw with the first picture, how egocentric of humanity to believe that it's so special.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Ok, and I followed up with agreeing with your agreement, as senseless that sounds, I like the page btw with the...

Exactly. What makes us think we're so special? What makes us think we have any ability to come even close to the realities (or lack thereof) that the universe holds?

If by aliens you mean a very advanced civilization on a technological tier big enough to reach us then I think they wouldn't be surprised as they would be familiar with ghosts. ( if ghosts ever existed in this case )

What if aliens are ghosts? Maybe people see ghosts and think they are aliens!

If that happened, they would make a movie about it.

... are you talking extraterrestrial "aliens", or people foreign to the country they are currently in?

... and are the ghosts alien?

Tou mean aliens see alien ghosts. If the aliens have an intellect similar to the human race, some of them will pray to God, some will go Alien Ghost Busting, some will run out of fear and question science and others will just call it a rumor.

Depends on their knowledge of ghosts.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +1Reply

The aliens won't be able to sleep, worrying about getting probed at night..