+7

Unless it's enforced, a rule or law isn't really important, rite?

I've been hearing about rules and laws that are supposedly on the books, but they're almost never enforced... so are they really important? Examples, I've heard that (in my area at the time) children under 13 weren't allowed to stay home alone... we're not allowed to travel with people in the back of pick-up bed, playing poker or gambling with money, age limits for certain things (like playing on a game machine)

Image for post Unless it's enforced, a rule or law isn't really important, rite?
Zolfies avatar Jokes & Humour
5 13
@2784516

I agree, that a lot of the laws shouldn't exist! But a lot of these are silly and probably aren't enforced.

In Georgia, __if it's Sunday then no__ one may carry an __ice cream cone in their back pocket__.

In South Carolina, __You Must Be 18 Years Of Age To Play A Pinball Machine__

In Maine, It's Illegal To Have Christmas Decorations Up After Jan. 14

In Nevada, It Is **Illegal For A Man To Buy Drinks For More Than Three People At A Time**

In New Jersey, It is Illegal To Wear A Bulletproof Vest While Committing A Murder (yeah cus a murder is going to stop and ask what's legal, while committing a murder).

In Idaho, It Is Illegal For **A Man To Give His Sweetheart A Box Of Candy Weighing More Than 50 lbs**

In North Dakota, Beer And Pretzels Cannot Be Served At The Same Time In Any Bar Or Restaurant

In hawaii, __You cannot have more than one alcohlic drink in front of you at one time__

In Connecticut, A Pickle Is Not Officially A Pickle Unless It Bounces

In Morrisville, Pennsylvania, **women need a permit to wear makeup.**

In St. Croix, Wisconsin, **women are not allowed to wear anything red in public.**

In Seattle, Washington, women who sit on men's laps on buses or trains without placing a pillow between them face an automatic six-month jail term.

Right why have a law if you won't enforce it.

Article 134: General Article. This article of the Uniform Code of Military Justice is a catch-all for offenses that are not spelled out elsewhere. It covers all conduct that could bring discredit upon the armed forces that are not capital offenses. It allows them to be brought to court-martial.

@JustJimColo Article 134: General Article. This article of the Uniform Code of Military Justice is a catch-all for offenses that...

Yeah Military is a completely different ball game, I meant as a civilian, but you're very correct about Military.

They only enforce the law when someone breaks it.

@StarzAbove They only enforce the law when someone breaks it.

I'm talking about the laws that they don't enforce even when someone does break it

@Zolfie I'm talking about the laws that they don't enforce even when someone does break it

I don't know what law that would be. Maybe they are enforcing laws we know nothing about, I'm no law expert.

@StarzAbove I don't know what law that would be. Maybe they are enforcing laws we know nothing about, I'm no law expert.

Any of the silly or pointless laws that they got on the books and even the police don't think is a big deal.

There are TONS of them, mostly outdated.

As my closest cities chief of police once said, there isn't a single vehicle on the road that completely follows all the state laws... not even the police vehicles because they have electronic in the front dash area.

But they don't ever enforce most of those laws, and let all the vehicles drive around, because even the police don't take those laws serious.

True and that rule or law probably wouldn't be enforced until the very moment I broke it.

A 80 year old deputy, that can barely walk...

Saying "You know how long I've been waiting to give someone a ticket for this?"