-9

You sometimes use a cell phone while driving, rite?

Image for post You sometimes use a cell phone while driving, rite?
Zolfies avatar Travel
6 57

No, never. I almost always have my kid with me. Not worth it.

i might check it if im at a long red light, but i keep my eye on the light.cyc smilie

@2784604

that's interesting to know, that's for sharing.

Are hands free phones legal?

@2784852

To be honest if I'm driving my older vehicle, I still take phone calls (I don't have to look down for that) but not text.

I agree, it's annoying when I see people looking down for any reason while driving.

@2784852

I think anyone caught texting while driving should not be able to drive anymore. Think that would make them stop?

Never, even if someone calls I let it ring and call back when available.

@2784563

I always take my cell in case of an emergency, but I never talk or answer a call when I'm driving.

@2784563

so do you have land line or cell phone?

Sounds like you don't need a cell phone if it's always home smile smilie

Firm up your shocks and plasti-dip my shame! Volvos and Saabs come with Car Phones. I wonder if they still do, the 2004 Volvo S60R does. oof. YouTube video thumbnail

I can imagine talking on a cell phone is bad, but what about people with car phones back in the day? Sure some of them have hands-free modes. And most cars today also have hands-free features for calling. My old Kia Forte in 2010 used to allow you to call people, though i think you needed Sirius XM, don't remember, but it was handy.

With a car phone, you could act like those limo drivers and executive-class cars, acting all important.

@2784579

True, but that's still using your phone as it's what the bluetooth connects too smile smiliexp smilie

Never have, never will.

No I don't like cell phones

Hands free...yes indeed

It depends on who's calling. My brother kept calling me for a minute and when I grabbed the phone to say "Fuck off!" I nearly had a crash. It's very irritating to have the ringtone on, when driving and the other party wouldn't give up. I should've put the voicemail on or simply turned it off - or at least put it on silent.

@2784638

Yeah, but I'm not panoid about that. If someone wants to know where I am, all they have to do is call and I'll normally tell them.

Heck, it's most likely to help me than hurt me, as I might need to call for help.

@2784644

yes and because your paranoid about your privacy is why you don't have your cell phone in your truck...

As a person has a right to privacy under the 4th and a right to be paranoid under the 1st, and a right for guns under the 2nd... the the 3rd is about quartered in any house.

@2784655

I'm not a Marine, but I understand you completely.

Does that make me your enemy then? ;o)

@2785177

I'm a Finn. I'm more of a democrat than your American "democrats" ever can be, since you have two sides. Far-right and a-bit-less-far-right. I'm pretty much at the middle, which makes me a lot more lefty from your perspective. So, yes, I'm a democrat, only in the real meaning of the word, not your joke definition. See, over this side of the pond, the word actually stands for something. But hey, your politics are your politics. It's not like you had several real parties in any case, so I don't judge your system with two parties and you probably wouldn't understand us with 10+.

It can wait.

Can’t drive. However, as a personal shopper, I’m always on my feet with a cart, mindful of customers and coworkers, and have to use my phone.

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree +2Reply
@Zolfie Oh a personal shopper? Any good tips?

Tips as in money or advice? Confused lol

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree +1Reply
@Masha Tips as in money or advice? Confused lol

lol, I meant any good advice you could give.

Though money might be a good question too smile smilie

@Zolfie lol, I meant any good advice you could give. Though money might be a good question too

For people who want to become shoppers, or customers? Still confused.

I don’t get any money tips. Only the drivers do, sadly. I work for Instacart, btw.))

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree +1Reply
@Masha For people who want to become shoppers, or customers? Still confused. I don’t get any money tips. Only the...

Any advice for getting good deals, or better products, or any thoughts or opinions for the people trying to shop smart.

@Zolfie Any advice for getting good deals, or better products, or any thoughts or opinions for the people trying to shop smart.

If a customer wants something that’s out of stock or not currently carried in the store, I replace that item with something similar. Say they want Food for Life gluten-free bread — and it’s out of stock. I go with Udi’s because not only is it gluten-free, it costs less.

Mashas avatar Masha Disagree +1Reply

No. I don't even eat or drink while my car is in motion.

Only when I want to kill someone.

No,only very dumb people do.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree 0Reply