The interesting thing about these politicos (Sanders, Nielsen, Miller, et al.) being heckled or denied service at restaurants is the fulfillment of MLK's dream. These folks were not judged by the color of their skin, they were judged by the content of their character.

VicZincs avatar
5 59

Sounds as though the Trump staff is getting a taste of their own medicine. And now they are whining because Sara was asked to leave the restaurant. For months Trump has been inciting riots, calling people names, etc. Called the NFL players S.O.B's. And now for some reason he's zeroing in on the comedians.

What Maxine Waters has done is wrong....but I can see why she has said what she said. And instead of Trump trying to calm things down....he starts badmouthing her. Calling her names. That's no way for a president to act.

Trump is supposed to be the president for the entire country, but he only speaks to his base..... so sad that they can't see what he is doing to our country.

@Carla The thing is starz, they do see it. And approve.

You're right, they approve of all his lies and his loving on Putin..... it blows my mind that the evangelicals are OK with all of his dishonesty, lack of integrity, his bullying, his racist comments and bashing his fellow man. That totally is not what the Bible preaches. Pathetic.

@2785085

Yes, they are very bitter.

@2785593

I haven't seen it, I don't pay much attention to the anon posts, if they aren't brave enough to put their name to a post, they have no business posting.

Sadly, instead of making those people think about their own lack of good character, this is giving the administration ammunition to use against those that are pushing back.
I believe that when the time comes, this will fall apart around their ears. When history shows trump to be the man i know he is, how many will deny they agreed with and/or condoned his actions?

@Carla Sadly, instead of making those people think about their own lack of good character, this is giving the...

Really? This is how we work now? At each others throats, threatening, harassing? How long before someone gets hurt?

Your beloved hecklers and harassers are low life ass holes. The party that has nothing else to offer other than hatred, is not good enough for America.

@Budwick Really? This is how we work now? At each others throats, threatening, harassing? How long before someone gets...

So let's go back to the White Hoods and Tiki Torches and lynch a few folks like the goodolddays. Right Bud?

@Budwick That seems to be the way you democrats and progressive Marxists are headed!

Not democrats - there is a fringe, just like not all republicans burn crosses - those that don't are called RINOs by those that do.

@VicZinc Not democrats - there is a fringe, just like not all republicans burn crosses - those that don't are called RINOs...

I'm pretty sure Maxine Waters is democrat.
So is Peter Fonda, Samantha Bee, Vic, Jimmy Fallon, Kathy Griffin, all those human turds harassing Trump staffers and the people trying to justify their behavior.

PS - learn some history Vic. The KKK was formed as a militant arm of the democrat party. Sort of like what your are attempting to justify today! The most current member of the KKK that I recall is Robert Byrd, retired Democrat West Virgina Senator.

@Budwick I'm pretty sure Maxine Waters is democrat. So is Peter Fonda, Samantha Bee, Vic, Jimmy Fallon, Kathy Griffin, all...

I know how it was formed.

David Duke is a republican. The three overt racist on this site are republicans. Ted Nugent is a republican.

Your agenda is showing.

@VicZinc I know how it was formed. David Duke is a republican. The three overt racist on this site are republicans. Ted...

I am a republican.
Are you obligated now to harass me?
Will you put severed animal heads on my front porch?
Will you take my grandchildren and put them in cages with pedophiles?
Are you claiming I a racist for supporting legal immigration?
Are you claiming I am a racist because I am republican?

Are you looking forward to being DA'd from Amirite?

@Budwick I am a republican. Are you obligated now to harass me? Will you put severed animal heads on my front porch? Will...

Not at all. I assume you are a decent human. I hope you will stop claiming that "democrats" want to sever heads and provide children to pedophiles. We don't. A few 'fringe' members of the party are getting a lot of press.

Please stop generalizing, you sound like one of those other folks here who are clearly 'fringe' members of your party.

the vast majority of both parties are average decent people who have the same goals - national security and common welfare. We just have different ideas as to how to get there.

@VicZinc Not at all. I assume you are a decent human. I hope you will stop claiming that "democrats" want to sever heads...

Democrats have delivered severed animal heads on the doorsteps of ICE agents.
A prominent democrat has suggested that the presidents son be caged with pedophiles. I think, I believe that some of 'brilliant minds' of your democrat party will take that idea and act on it. All they seem to need is a nudge from your leadership to do horrible things.

I'm not so sure about the majority of the democrat party anymore. Many seem have lost their grip on reality. You have expressed doubt in the existence of reality!

You have no interest in national security!
You want open borders!

What you call 'welfare' changes according to the direction of the wind. Because of Trump's decisions, we need less welfare than we have in a long while.

@VicZinc Interesting take. I am afraid you might have gone to the dark side.

Your guys are putting burnt, severed animal heads on the porches of government people ---

And I am on the dark side?

I fear you have lost your ability to reason.

Hard to feel bad for people who've defended these sorts of antics when directed at those with whom they disagree. So...

No "person of color" would ever be allowed to be treated the way this administration is being treated. Not in this day and age. Does it make you as guilty as them when you justify their vile behavior?

This is an interesting view point. So would I be wrong if I refused a person to fill up their gas tank because they had the wrong political sticker on their car? I mean the stickers you put on your car do indicate a portion of your character. So I should be free to judge you and refuse service by your stated post.

@Will_Janitor This is an interesting view point. So would I be wrong if I refused a person to fill up their gas tank because...

Good point. Clearly the current political climate supports refusing service to people on religious grounds. Character is not a 'protected class'. Seems like you can/could always discriminate against people for any reason as long as the reason is not in this list: Age, sex, race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, handicap.

Now with the latest supreme court ruling perhaps "national origin" will be scraped from the list - and some states don't include sexual orientation on their list.

But you could always just be vague. For example you can't kick someone out of your club because they are "Jewish" but you can kick them out because "you don't like them".

@VicZinc Good point. Clearly the current political climate supports refusing service to people on religious grounds...

You comment is accurate, but I believe it absolutely the wrong way to treat anyone. It's just morally wrong on all sides. JMHO

@Will_Janitor You comment is accurate, but I believe it absolutely the wrong way to treat anyone. It's just morally wrong on all...

I agree. It is disheartening to me that my 'people' are acting this way. I just found it interesting and noticed the flaw in King's ideal. Judging is judging. I had hoped people would realize that.

What about the black man who got verbally and physically assaulted at The Cheesecake Factory by Hispanic employees for wearing a Trump hat?

Oh wait, no one's talking about that, Gee I wonder why?

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet What about the black man who got verbally and physically assaulted at The Cheesecake Factory by Hispanic employees...

Let's talk about that. He was not harassed because he was 'black' he was harassed because he supports a racist despot. The content of his character was in question.

Sure. And it's just as stupid as judging by the color of their skin. Not to mention it's likely illegal, if the anti-discrimination law prohibits due to "creed" as one of the definitions of "creed" is "a set of beliefs or aims that guide someone's actions".

So are the waste of skin hecklers.

@Budwick So are the waste of skin hecklers.

"waste of skin".

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a waste of skin. You are free to judge their character, I guess you are free to call them names - that on you.

@VicZinc "waste of skin". Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a waste of skin. You are free to...

Yeah, them and MS13 too!
Those that meekly support them from the shadows ain't far behind.

I couldn't care less.

I would rather someone tell me...they don't want to serve me, rather than say nothing and put dog crap or something in my food..

I never argue with someone making food for me... just leave.