Zolfies avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
7 19

If I get up in the morning, it's 7 am. If I get up in the night, it's 2.30 am. If I get up in the evening, it's 22.30 am. If I don't get up, I might be dead.

@2784866

rooster where in the world do you live? Canada isn't usually that different from united statesbiggrin smilie

@2784866

Those darn Europeans and Canadians, so inconsiderate, those A-holes xp smiliehehe smilie (kidding)

We need to get up around 5AM on weekdays so that my daughter has time to get dressed and eat her breakfast before the bus picks her up for work at 6:25. We sleep in longer on weekends, but I'm usually up before 7:00.

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell 5:00am or earlier +3Reply

Depends on the day. Recently? Around 6am. During the school year, more like 5am.

7 am is my alarm set time. but some days i don't get up till noon. Other days i don't even sleep until 5am. I don't sleep well alone. but my dog is too wild to allow on the bed. tried when she was a tiny pup and woke up wet icky. So she has to sleep in her own room now.

Whenever i go to bed and whenever i get up. I have a 24-hr Circadian Rhythm Disorder so my sleep-wake cycle shifts throughout the month, making my peak hours different. So if i rely on circadian rhythm, then at most my hours will stay the same for three-four days then an hour later the next day. It's very weird.

@Tanor_Faux Whenever i go to bed and whenever i get up. I have a 24-hr Circadian Rhythm Disorder so my sleep-wake cycle shifts...

O wow - I will have to check into that cause I sleep or not at any time. Not days I take a sleeping pill if I need to. Good luck Tanor. wink smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred O wow - I will have to check into that cause I sleep or not at any time. Not days I take a sleeping pill if I...

Oh it's called Non-24hr Sleep-Wake Disorder, there's several sleep disorders that occur because of Circadian rhythm disruptions or hormonal reasons that are responsible for sleeping, waking, and staying asleep or staying awake.

Blind people often have circadian rhythm disorders because they don't always have a good sense of time due to not being able to see daylight or nighttime as clearly. WIth people that aren't blind, it's even more rare.

Sure some people can be night owls and morning larks, but those aren't disorders, and more-less lifestyle choices and controllable. With circadian rhythm disorders, some can be controlled, like I try using alarms and setting myself a bed time.

For about a year I recorded the sleep-wake times. When i went to bed, when i got up, how long I slept, and how long I was awake. If someone with a normal circadian rhythm does this, the average sum of hours of being awake and being asleep should be around 23-25 hours. Outliers being less than 23 and more than 25.

Some of my nights i got more than 27 hours of total sleep & awake times, and sometimes i got less than 23. But the times I went to bed and times i got up would shift forward over the course of a month. Even if i kept my cycle steady for 5 days, it would always start shifting forward anyway. Like if i kept it steady for diurnal hours or steady for nocturnal hours.

this all started in 2009, so i've had this strange thing since then. Of course back then, i was still in high school. So i didn't notice it until i realised why some weeks were worse than others because my brain and body were on two different wavelengths. Because i should have been awake during the night, not the morning. It's just the weirdest kind of sleep disorder one can get.

It's not insomnia, because that can occur even with nocturnal people who would be sleeping during the day but can't get to sleep. I usually don't have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, despite my hours being different.

When I wake up, I get up, it varies from day to day. Nice not having to be anywhere at any particular time.