Mashas avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
11 30

I grew up with one. It was, quite literally, torture. So, when i recognize that trait, i retreat.

Don't deal with them at all.

@ZonkeyBalls Well, you do. I'm one, for example.

zonky I don't think you are, you are certainly silly but in love with yourself, not seeing thathello smilie

With spanking and firecrackers.

I stay away, they're never a nice bunch to be around.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I stay away, they're never a nice bunch to be around.

would a bunch of narcissists hang together? Probably not each would want to be the leader and have everyone do and act as they want. Who knows maybe they would stand together and make fun of everyone else. foreveralone smilie

I try to avoid them best I can. Those that I have come in contact with seem to be very bitter people with low self esteem, always trying to make others feel inferior. They think they have the best, they are the smartest, no one can compare, when in fact people usually laugh at those types. They have no credibility.

I've noticed they are obsessed with themselves and with others, they lie to make themselves look good, they can't let anything go, they try to make others do their will and believe what they do no matter what, and if you don't then they sometimes go on the attack, even on this site, I've seen a few.

They are pretentious snobs....of which I avoid like the plague.

@StarzAbove I try to avoid them best I can. Those that I have come in contact with seem to be very bitter people with low...

And lie so well that they convince themselves that they are speaking truth. They say that a lie can be revealed because it evolves, while the truth is constant. A narcissist tell lies that stay constant, even over many years. It's troubling at the very least.

@Carla And lie so well that they convince themselves that they are speaking truth. They say that a lie can be revealed...

Exactly, Carla. Troubling? Yes. But I avoid those types. Most of them are back stabbers.... you can't be friends with them because after all they think they "know it all". Heaven help us all if we don't believe what they say, they turn vengeful..... then out comes the name calling....that's the sure sign of their insecurity....happens all the time. Which happened to me just last night.... And on here you must believe them or out comes the block. lol

@StarzAbove Exactly, Carla. Troubling? Yes. But I avoid those types. Most of them are back stabbers.... you can't be...

As i said...i grew up with one. No avoiding that. You are correct, in life, they are dangerous. Here? Not so much.

Not well... usually I try to ingore them, unless they're my boss or something, then I usually try to limit my interaction with them and when I need to stroke their ego to get done, what needs to be done.

Zolfies avatar Zolfie Comment +3Reply

I haven’t met any adults who I’d describe as ‘narcissists’ ever since I left school really. If I see one, I might act just like the man in Freeranger’s gif.

I've also noticed that narcissists are usually the bullys. Bullies run in packs of THREE, catch one alone and they aren't so tough, I've seen that here on Amirite. Pathetic and rather immature.

Ignore them or prove them wrong when they are.

Sofias avatar Sofia Comment +2Reply
Anonymous