Do you have what it takes to be humble?

Wrong is that one thing we’ll be quite a lot.

Image for post Do you have what it takes to be humble?
67% Comment 33% Other
Mashas avatar Life
8 18

Humble are usually the people who have suffered a lot in life, therefore they are nicer to others and the less fortunate.

Sure thing. I have no reasons to boast about anything.

hum·ble
ˈhəmbəl/
adjective
adjective: humble; comparative adjective: humbler; superlative adjective: humblest
1.
having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

Using that definition, I'd have to say both yes and no. In my field, I am one of the best. (Not a brag, just a fact) Lets be realistic here. A person should be honest with themselves, and others when it comes to assessing their skills or importance. Do you want to go to a heart surgeon who is the best, or mediocre? Is the person removing a brain tumor more important (in the operating room) than the person who takes out the trash in the operating room? Of course he is. (Being more important doesn't mean they are or are not, a better person)
There are also some skills I have that are mediocre or poor. It's best when we can give an honest and accurate assessment of ourselves.

Ptichka... Take a guess.

@2785965

I have noticed.

Oh yes. Life has given me plenty of humbling practice! redface smilie

nope! sure don't.

I'm very humble, I come from very humble beginnings.... I don't brag or boast, I know where my strength comes from and what I have are blessings of which I am thankful for.

I thought about this and it appears to be a paradox. How do I call myself humble? Well, Let me put it this way. I haven’t done many great things so I don’t get a lot of chances to display some humility. I do not remember being really proud of something; I’ve mostly been lucky in a background of low self esteem and minimal effort.

The older I get, the more aware I am of just how I need to understand and practice humility.

Nope. I know what I'm good at and not, so I'm normally straightforward with it.

Sofias avatar Sofia Comment +3Reply