+6

brrr ... that's TOO COLD, rite? The Coldest Temperature Ever Observed on Earth Is Nearly -148 degrees Fahrenheit (-100 degrees Celsius).

As one might expect, the desolate and remote East Antarctic Plateau is home to Earth’s coldest temperatures. Of course on the bright side, that probably means no snakes xp smilie

The Coldest Temperature Ever Observed on Earth Is BonkersAs one might expect, the desolate and remote East Antarctic Plateau is home to Earth’s coldest temperatures. What is surprising, however, is that these bitter temps are even colder than previously thought—reaching nearly -148 degrees Fahrenheit (-100 degrees Celsius).https://earther.com/the-coldest-temperature-ever-observed-on-earth-is-bonke-1827114642
Zolfies avatar Books
3 19
@2786223

I'm not sure any of us can. I wonder if there are any animal that live in that cold.

From what I've experienced 12 degrees and under is a different feeling, especially if there is any wind.

THAT! IS! TOO! COLD!

emo smilie

Too cold for me.

Cold? I'm basically melting over here.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Cold? I'm basically melting over here.

Where if you go to the East Antarctic Plateau, then you might not melt xp smilie

@Zolfie Where if you go to the East Antarctic Plateau, then you might not melt

I always wonder why they can't make a pipeline like for oil but just blow cold air to hot places , and then turn the fans around to heat cold places. Solve lots of problems if it could work

Now that is way cold. Some say we are still in an ice age and I believe it. Seems to get colder every year rather than warmer.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Now that is way cold. Some say we are still in an ice age and I believe it. Seems to get colder every year...

From everything I've heard and personally seen, seem like most agree it's getting warmer and there is usually less snow than decades ago... as there used to often be enough snow to go sledding down hills and such and now rarely is there enough.

Though I have heard we might be an semi-ice age.

I remember reading some study which attempted to study silt from hurricanes in the Louisiana area... and I have no idea how accuracy or completely wrong this might be, but they suggested...

Hurricanes go in about 2,000 year cycles, between weaker hurricanes when the earth is cooler and stronger hurricanes when the earth is warmer, and they suggested we're near the end of cooler/weaker cycle and they predict that the earth will warm and hurricanes with strengthen.

I said... xp smiliehehe smilie

Brr!
It's cold in here
I said there must be some Toros
In the atmosphere

Oh-Ee-Oh-Ee-Oh
Ice! Ice! Ice!

Oh-Ee-Oh-Ee-Oh
Ice! Ice! Ice!

Zero degrees F is too cold. -148 F is friggin ridiculous! Image in content

@2786442

hehe smilie, I wouldn't know, I've never dug into either of those xp smilie

I wonder if a polar bear could live in that?

That's a little chilly if you ask me.

That's a little chilly if you ask me.