During my limited travel, I've noticed that the word "Barbecue" means a lot of different things to different people. Different types of meats, different types of sauces. To you, what is a normal barbecue made of?

When it goes to barbecue, what is normal to you? Or what do you prefer?

Image for post During my limited travel, I've noticed that the word "Barbecue" means a lot of different things to different people. Different types of meats, different types of sauces. __To you, what is a normal barbecue made of?__
14% chicken 36% beef 36% pork 0% turkey 0% vinegar sauce 7% ketchup sauce 0% mayo sauce 0% mustard sauce 7% Other
Zolfies avatar Relationships
5 20
@2786595

THAT'S what I'm talking about!
I've never been to one of those contests, but I have been places where winners will go to sell product. Their stuff is like Ambrosia! So, so good.

I pay the price the next day - but it's worth it.

For me, it's almost any meat (and veggies too) cooked on an outdoor grill.

Anything that gets put on my grill. Even peaches:)

@Carla Anything that gets put on my grill. Even peaches:)

To my surprise that sure does look like bbq xp smilie

I've always thought of barbecue as shredded pork or beef sandwiches. They are delicious.

But anyways, I live in an area where it's split. When they say barbecue around here, they either mean chicken in a ketchup sauce or they mean sloppy joes (yes some people call sloppy joes, barbecue)

The locals have their barbecue which is mustard, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. When I first got here, missing the barbecue of the south, one of the local grocery stores was having barbecue pork sandwiches. I almost cried when my sandwich was some cooked pork and pickle relish. I've since learned to make my ownbiggrin smilie

@ozzyboy The locals have their barbecue which is mustard, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. When I first got here, missing...

If I may ask, where is local? ... it's just that I haven't heard much about the mustard sauce, but I read about it around the South Carolina area.

@Zolfie If I may ask, where is local? ... it's just that I haven't heard much about the mustard sauce, but I read about it...

The PA Dutch country. It really is beautiful and the food is pretty good but that one was a shocker.

@ozzyboy The PA Dutch country. It really is beautiful and the food is pretty good but that one was a shocker.

Yes, I'm in PA and haven't heard of them using mustard. That's new to me as well smile smilie

@Zolfie Yes, I'm in PA and haven't heard of them using mustard. That's new to me as well

It's kind of a basic recipe, ground beef, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar for beef barbecue. Some celery and onion, if you want.

@ozzyboy It's kind of a basic recipe, ground beef, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and vinegar for beef barbecue. Some celery...

Yeah that sounds almost like the sloppy joes I talked about, though I don't know if they added the mustard, brown sugar and vinegar. I didn't taste it if they did.

@2786755

That's what I'm used to hearing. smile smilie

Due to my fathers background, what I've become most used to is pork (I prefer pulled pork) in a semi-spicy vinegar sauce maybe with a pinch of sugar.

Anything cooked low and slow.