+4

With the 'Heat Dome' coming, Be Careful and Stay Hydrated!

Looks like the central and eastern United States is going to be under a "sprawling and unusually intense area of high pressure aloft, also known as a "heat dome," will promote sinking air and sunny, storm-free conditions for areas under its influence. At the peak of the heat wave between July 1 and the Fourth of July holiday, more than 50% of the lower 48 states are forecast to see high temperatures exceeding 90 degrees Fahrenheit."

'Heat Dome' brings widespread, long-lasting heat to U.SThe heat wave will be notable for its duration and scope.https://www.axios.com/scorching-heat-wave-hits-us-millions-affected-20cda585-2f74-4bd4-8aed-d3826d2c4126.html
Zolfies avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
4 12

Heat Dome / Heat Wave

@2786844

Well it might be even hotter then, but please stay safe whenever you go out. smile smilie

Stay Hydrated

PETS TOO

The Heat Dome has hit us hot and heavy. It's supposed to climb to 97 tomorrow and it feels like it's there already. Miserable. I watered my flowers this morning, and I'm in for the rest of the day. Hot and dry.

Just normal temps for me in the summer.

Highs have been in the upper 90's and with the humidity it gets from 100 to, I think 105 was the hottest so far.

@DandyDon Just normal temps for me in the summer. Highs have been in the upper 90's and with the humidity it gets from 100...

feeling like the 100s is normal for you?

wheres about do you live? Florida, Texas or the South West?

@Zolfie feeling like the 100s is normal for you? wheres about do you live? Florida, Texas or the South West?

Yea, its kind of ridiculous when you start thinking of 80 as being "cooler".

Sometimes at the hottest part of the day, it'll rain for about 15 or 20 minutes, then the sun will come back out and it feels like you're being steam cooked.

South Louisiana..

@DandyDon Yea, its kind of ridiculous when you start thinking of 80 as being "cooler". Sometimes at the hottest part of the...

Awe yes southern Louisiana

Following the NFL, I still remember the year they had a lockup and my team (Packers) had a NT (Nose Tackle) from Southern Louisiana, and down there had some all time records... like it felt like 120s and such.

When the lockout ended, and the NT was being interviewed on what he did for exercise during that time, his answer was...

I mowed the lawn, it was too hot to do anything else hehe smiliehehe smiliehehe smilie.

Yeah, it's like the North AMerican Heat Dome awhile back that pretty much hit of central US and eastern US in 2011. https://www.theatlantic.com/nat...anyway/353163/

This was I think the first recorded use of the word Heat Dome. Which is really a high pressure dome that sits. Though this one this year is supposed to be stormy as well outside the dome that circulates the storms around it.

It's going to be mid 90s, possible 100s in Pennsylvania for the next 6 days.

Italy gets heat domes all the time, due to being close to the Sahara, Florence, and even Milan, gets pretty heckin hot. In Venice's case, it gets humid, with all that water too. Talk about swamp weather. Sure Everglades is one big swamp and it gets pretty bad, but imagine a city built on it with water everywhere. Venice is even sinking too so.

Even now, Florence is getting its own heat wave, just like Pennsylvania's heat dome. 90s for the next 6 days

Anonymous