Is the condition known as “brain-death” final enough to be called so?

Do you believe a diagnosis of death by neurological criteria is valid, or do you stick to the cardio-respiratory definition?

47% Final and valid. Person’s checked out and that’s that. 20% It’s an “irreversible coma.” Heart’s still beating after all. 33% Other
Mashas avatar Religion
2 14
@2787423

Oh that's really good Will!

I don't know. The 'experts' think they know everything, but I have my doubts.

I remembered this story from a few years ago, about a baby that died at birth. They let Mom hold the baby for two hours - it's healthy for the mothers grief. And then SOB, the baby started breathing again! There's no mention of brain death in the article however.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/heal...ers-touch.html

Remarkable!

@Budwick I don't know. The 'experts' think they know everything, but I have my doubts. I remembered this story from a few...

I'd imagine after 2 hours, there had to be serious brain damage.
I mean, lack of oxygen to the brain for 2 MINUTES results in brain deterioration - and they say we can't grow those cells back.

Not always ... people have awakened and recovered after that diagnosis.

@JanHaskell Not always ... people have awakened and recovered after that diagnosis.

I’m going to reread the book “Proof of Heaven.” The author was diagnosed as his brain stopped receiving oxygen and other nutrients from what I remember.

He was and is still alive. He wouldn’t’ve written of his experience had he not been.

They stole the whole fucking idea from a cartoon... And... They don't take me seriously, motherf... Well, anyways.

Some people are too quick to pull the plug on people. If after a certain length of time, and there is no hope, then it's probably time to call it a "death." I would hate to have to make that decision for a loved one.

Having said that-I just read on the news section of another site of a woman who woke up in the morgue.It happens more often than you think.Just hope they haven't sealed the coffin!

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales Final and valid. Person’s checked out and... +2Reply

every case is different

Anonymous