+11

No one should direct anyone to dress up, do their makeup or hair in a certain way. We all have the right to make our bodies look like whatever we want and it’s quite unwise to make a story about a person in your mind based on what they look like.

ZaraZoopers avatar Fashion
5 36
@2787523

hehe smilie We all stand amazed at your abilities to get to the bottom of every post. Thank you Sir, for solving the mystery.

@2787523

yeah I've fallen in that trap before hehe smilie

Well maybe - but sometimes boundaries can be helpful.

When I will become the next supreme leader of North Korea...

1) All women should wear yellow leather
2) All women wearing yellow leather should be kind to animals

That's about it.

@2787516

hehe, that might be interesting.. those the yellow leather gloves make me think cleaning xp smilie

@2787516

This isn't Arrested Development, you silly bushwacker.

@ZonkeyBalls When I will become the next supreme leader of North Korea... 1) All women should wear yellow leather 2) All women...

Are you implying that you have every right to ask people to wear clothes that are animal cruelty free. I’ve used leather and I know that PETA has raised concerns about it and I’m more careful about it now. When I wrote this post, I didn’t have animal cruelty in mind. Thanks for bringing it up.

..

@ZaraZooper Are you implying that you have every right to ask people to wear clothes that are animal cruelty free. I’ve used...

Cows aren't really animals. I grew up on a farm.

Cattle is basically just... Well... Basic ingredient.

@ZonkeyBalls Cows aren't really animals. I grew up on a farm. Cattle is basically just... Well... Basic ingredient.

Beef has been banned in my country.
Not leather.

If cows aren’t animals, what are they?

@ZaraZooper Beef has been banned in my country. Not leather. If cows aren’t animals, what are they?

They are mind-controlling beasts from the other side of the reality.

No, not really. Just another horrible joke from me.

My next post will not be one of 'em.

@ZonkeyBalls They are mind-controlling beasts from the other side of the reality. No, not really. Just another horrible joke...

None of it is horrible Zonkey. Everyone on here would agree that Your posts and comments add much needed humor to this site.

I agree. We are all unique and have our own style and the way we want to look and dress. But sometimes we all could use a little help!.

But it's stooping pretty low if someone mocks or makes jokes about someone's appearance or what they are wearing.

@StarzAbove I agree. We are all unique and have our own style and the way we want to look and dress. But sometimes we all...

Yes. People can behave in all different ways if you have an opinion about the way they dress up. To me, that is another aspect of their personality. There are things that most people detest but some people like and we cannot help it. We can only offer to help, if they ask for it.

@ZaraZooper Yes. People can behave in all different ways if you have an opinion about the way they dress up. To me, that is...

I don't comment on how someone dresses, I have a style and so does everyone else, and who is to say what is the right one.

And to mock someone's looks is being pretty low.

@2787621

I do admit she lies, but if she didn't, she would be fired. I don't look for her to be around much longer.

@2787494

What does not being able to bond with them entail?

@2787681

Sure. Thankfully we get to choose who we want to interact with sometimes.

Unless you're my employee; then, you will present yourself within company guidelines or find another job.

@JerryHendrickson Unless you're my employee; then, you will present yourself within company guidelines or find another job.

swt smilie But what if I really wanted to work in your company. I think it’s fair enough, if it affects your client acceptance to have a dress code. Then it strikes me that a group of people with similar capabilities, could be held down in their career just because they chose to wear so and so.

@ZaraZooper But what if I really wanted to work in your company. I think it’s fair enough, if it affects your...

They can wear whatever they want, when they're not on the clock. It would be a really bad choice to not work somewhere because you want you're pants sagging with 8" of underwear showing. You dress how the boss says if you want to work. The boss gives you money so you can live.

@JerryHendrickson They can wear whatever they want, when they're not on the clock. It would be a really bad choice to not work...

Right. I agree with that. To be honest I was thinking in terms of my own headscarf. When we’re in the theatre and have to scrub in, I take it off and wear half sleeves because that’s my job. There are people who may not employ me because it adversely affects patient interaction, because many of them are not very fond of muslims. For that reason, I cannot lose my headscarf even though it means less job opportunities to me.

I mostly agree... but while you're shouldn't direct, if you have a good honest, helpful suggestion, that might improve something, shouldn't you also give it?

In high school this one girl kept WAAAY over doing her make-up (over and over) especially the blush. I know nothing about make-up and usually didn't notice, but this way over the top.

Should I say absolutely nothing? ... or should I make a suggestion? At the time I made a suggestion and she held it against me... I wasn't being mean, others were talking trash behind their backs, I simply attempted to make a helpful suggestion to their face.

@Zolfie I mostly agree... but while you're shouldn't direct, if you have a good honest, helpful suggestion, that might...

I had similar issues with a friend who’d giggle during lectures in a volume so low that the professor wouldn’t know but the students could. Everyone would complain about her to others but no one would talk to her about it. I talked to her about it and she starting telling me that I can’t tell her when and what to laugh at, and no one else should have a problem with it. The next day she apologised and said that she’d be more careful. It’s sometimes difficult to talk to people about some things.

In your case, I’m sorry but I might never have taken the risk to tell her how much blush to put on. On YouTube, there are lots of videos showing people how to and not to do makeup(two sides of the face). There are hundreds of people in the comments section who get back at them and say that they shouldn’t decide what’s wrong and what’s not. Some people just like a little more makeup on. We all see ourselves in the mirror and if it isn’t that obvious, it’s probably not that deforming.

@ZaraZooper I had similar issues with a friend who’d giggle during lectures in a volume so low that the professor wouldn’t...

This was the days before youtube makeup tips. I didn't decide or direction, I just suggested maybe going lighter on the blush.

With all due respect (and I would never say this to someone's face as it'd be too mean), but to my limited knowledge the too much blush, clown look, isn't very attractive to anyone. (and to be honest it looked more like a skin rush on their face)

@Zolfie This was the days before youtube makeup tips. I didn't decide or direction, I just suggested maybe going lighter on...

Well maybe she did have more blush that I was assuming on her face. Like I described, taking criticism positively and understanding what someone tries to say is another aspect of a personality.

Wait. Have tou seen her without the blush. Could the blush actually be concealing something? (I don’t know why I’m doing this. wary smilie)

@ZaraZooper Well maybe she did have more blush that I was assuming on her face. Like I described, taking criticism positively...

I agree with that.

It was two best friends, but yes I have seen both of them without make-up lots of times, they were classmates of mine. They normally wore no make-up or so little that I didn't notice. I don't know of anything they would have to hide, unless they had a recent skin breakout, and like I said, this happened a couple of times before even I said anything.

This is the closest I've seen to it. To be honest, the first time I saw it, I thought it was a face rash... then I saw the other and realized the two of them put on too much blush. (it looks worse when you open it up and get close, from a distance not as bad).

They also went heavy on the other make-up but that all looked within reason. Like I said, it looked more like a rash to me than blush.

@Zolfie I agree with that. It was two best friends, but yes I have seen both of them without make-up lots of times, they...

Well, it was quite bold of you to go up there and talk to her about it. I’m sure she’s different today and laughs at those high school photographs.

I think there should be a certain amount of balance, especially in serious relationships. If you're in a serious relationship it's important to accept your partner for who they are and how they like to style themselves, but I also think it's important to be receptive to how your partner feels.

You don't have to ask for permission to change your appearance by any means but I think some situations are tricky. If I had a long term partner and he wanted to meet my parents in a leather body suit, for instance, I'd have to say no

@Wunderscore I think there should be a certain amount of balance, especially in serious relationships. If you're in a serious...

I’d have a list of things before I introduce someone to my parents too. Although I wouldn’t want anyone to change for anyone, but I can’t afford to ruin a relationship for something that trivial.

Anonymous