Should the United States, add more States?

There are been talk of adding a new state, Puerto Rico and Guam or current states like California or Texas breaking up and forming new states. Do you think they should?

Image for post Should the United States, add more States?
Zolfies avatar Countries & Places
3 23

Maybe Puerto Rico! But after the way they were treated after the hurricane, I doubt they would want to become a state.

@StarzAbove Maybe Puerto Rico! But after the way they were treated after the hurricane, I doubt they would want to become a state.

hehe smilie you said the same as someone above so I'll just repeat my reply xp smilie

I doubt the people of any of the territories WANT to become a state, because then they all would have to pay federal personal income tax to get the right to pay their politicians in Washington D.C.

Then again, Hawaii's people didn't want to become a US state either... but they're been a nice addition to the United States.

You could view that the other way, also.

The reason they got treated they way they did after the hurricane, is due to their history of voting not to become a state.

@Walt_OReagun You could view that the other way, also. The reason they got treated they way they did after the hurricane, is due...

They were treated badly by Trump because they can't vote.... no one should be treated the way they were treated.

@2787882

For the territories, yes I agree. Though either some non-territories might like the protection OR current states might like to break apart.

@2787842

@2787853

Yeah, but without forced annexation, then the Europeans wouldn't of created all these new counties, like the United States.

@2787860

So any and all land/power switching is wrong?

@2787863

what about capitalism?

@2787875

So is their any system of getting stuff done that you like?

Add? No. I think any territories that would be "added", would just end up being another burden on tax payers. I wouldn't mind seeing California divided up into two or three states though.

Why not,the more the Merrier.

More Panera's would be nice.

Don't have one close enough for delivery..

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc