Zolfies avatar Books
4 13

I went to Starbucks once and I think I was served used motor-oil they were passing off as coffee.

Yes, expensive purses selling for half the price....I knew they weren't the real McCoy!

When you see shoes like Addida, Aidias and such names looking similar to the original but being a ripoff

When United States Customs and Border Protection agents in Philadelphia came across 108 Super Bowl rings being shipped into the country from Hong Kong last month, they were immediately suspicious about the authenticity of the items.

The agents noted the poor craftsmanship of the rings, which included ones designed to look like the ones the Eagles received recently in addition to those of other champions, and reached out to the NFL to see if they were indeed fakes. The league confirmed the items were inauthentic.

Had the rings been real, the total value of the shipment would have topped $1 million. Authorized replica rings were available for Eagles fans willing to pony up over $11,000, but they have sold out.

@2788740

they come from all over smile smilie

@2788740

He must have thought you had just fallen off the watermelon truck. biggrin smilie

@2788729

I meant items more than people (if that's what you meant)

Yep. On eBay, several sellers are offering a rare old Bavarian postage stamp, worth thousands, if genuine and in good condition.
The one on the left is probably genuine, asking $4,000.
The one on the right is an obvious, crude forgery, asking $2560.
In any case, no serious collector would buy a stamp like that without getting it expertized as genuine.

@Thinkerbell Yep. On eBay, several sellers are offering a rare old Bavarian postage stamp, worth thousands, if genuine and in...

And this is why I don't collect genuine things, because they're too pricey and because the fakes look better (assuming you're only paying pennies to get the fakes and want them... if you're paying real prices then real look better because you can hopefully get your money back that way).