Piper2s avatar
10 40

Lions gotta eat too. Hope the poachers were tasty.

@2789431

There once were three poachers from Parma,
Much stricken with fear and alarma,
When lions approached,
Who quickly then broached
The subject of poachers' grim karma.

@2789404

Yeah, but I'm sure some people would consider that view "unChristian" or abhorrent. Rhinos are just animals, and humans are worthy of much more consideration...except those times when they aren't.

@2789452

Technically, all humans are animals of course. Many humans are slightly more refined than their fellow mammals, and seems to me...many are not.

No...not a shame at all.

@Carla No...not a shame at all.

They probably suffered less than their victim(s) would have.

@Piper2 They probably suffered less than their victim(s) would have.

I hope the lions took their time and anyone accompanying heard theirs screams and are forever scarred.
Just sayin'.....

Can't feel sorry for murderers.

The m*fucking website first wanted me to obey.

I did.

Then it wouldn't give me the full story. As far as I know: Animals 1 goal from a penalty shot. Fucking American news sites... Makes me wanna nuke them all.

@ZonkeyBalls The m*fucking website first wanted me to obey. I did. Then it wouldn't give me the full story. As far as I know:...

I'm not sure just what you mean, Zonkey. I know that some print publications only allow a certain amount of free access to their online articles per month, and I can't criticize them for that.

The other links with the "story" do not require anything, except maybe opting out of something.

If they're legal, they have to pay a hefty sum to hunt animals as it helps these places, Though I dont get the satisfaction of killing for sport.

@Sunny_the_skeptic If they're legal, they have to pay a hefty sum to hunt animals as it helps these places, Though I dont get the...

Neither do I understand how anyone could get pleasure out of killing, whether it's legal or not. Poaching, by definition, is not legal, of course.

Can't open the link they want money, so from yur words I think lions attacked poachers - Good lions I hope the poachers were torn limb from limb.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Can't open the link they want money, so from yur words I think lions attacked poachers - Good lions I hope the...

That is why I provided those other links there at the top in a comment, Lorraine, because some publications only allow a limited number of free views of their online articles.
Yes... poachers came on a reserve with the intent to hack off rhino horns, and some were killed by lions.

More links to the story, for those who are interested and can't access the one provided.

https://ladyfreethinker.org/thr...in+Public+Park

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/wo...eserve-n889171

@Piper2 More links to the story, for those who are interested and can't access the one...

piper thank you for the links. Just hope all poachers got eaten so they don't come back and shoot the lions.

@2789487

Although some hunters are also guilty of "poaching", there is nothing about this post that suggests them being the same.

@2789564

I know for sure that some "hunters" are also guilty VIOLATING the LAW in their hunting practices.

The only thing that concerns me is that I don't want the lions to be considered man eaters and are now a threat to humans.

Otherwise, 'Nature fighting back' is always a good story.

@dru18 The only thing that concerns me is that I don't want the lions to be considered man eaters and are now a threat to...

From everything I've read about this particular instance, the lions are not in danger of being considered a "threat".

@Piper2 From everything I've read about this particular instance, the lions are not in danger of being considered a "threat".

That is wonderful news. Unfortunately, as with Timothy Treadwell, that is not always the case. People get too close to these animals, tragedy happens, and the animals get the short end of the stick.

Thank you for letting me know. They are such beautiful creatures.

Sounds like it was krama.

Red in tooth and claw!))

@2790195

Ah yes...some who were intent on inflicting suffering and death on another creature for profit ended up in pieces. ha ha.....

I don't have much sympathy for law breakers..some less than others..

Actions have consequences...hope the lions didn't get heartburn..

@DandyDon I don't have much sympathy for law breakers..some less than others.. Actions have consequences...hope the lions...

Well, I can muster some sympathy for people who just do something goofy and end up dead.

This though...I hope they don't, too.

What gets me mad,is these great white brave hunters who sit in a tree waiting for their
dinner to pass by ,so they can shoot them.A volture should fly by and pluck them from the
Tree.

@hootowl What gets me mad,is these great white brave hunters who sit in a tree waiting for their dinner to pass by ,so they...

"Great white hunters" has a very different implication, (to me) than those who are actually hunting for dinner. I do think we might agree, that any human sitting in a tree or behind a blind to kill an animal...is not "brave".