+2

Adolph Hitler: "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion [Islam] too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

It's an interesting quote when you consider the lengths to which the present German government has gone to import Islam and prevent public criticism of it. Could Merkel be trying to "correct" the "flaw" in German culture that Hitler observed?

"You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the..." - Adolf Hitler Quotes at A-Z QuotesAdolf Hitler Quotehttp://www.azquotes.com/quote/556877
Mazes avatar Religion
4 113
@2790535

Hitler was innocent at birth.

@2790569

No, it doesn't make him a wonderful person, but at that point in time he was innocent.

@2790723

Hey, what about me?

I'm still innocent! biggrin smilie

@2790889

Nor would that disgrace of a mayor you have in London. ill smilie

@2790894

There once was an Islamic mayor,
Of London, who was a purveyor
Of anti-West lies,
While he praised to the skies
Any lefty, or English betrayer.

@2790535

Naah... such brutality would not have been necessary.

It would have sufficed if the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts had simply admitted him as a student.

@2790576

Certainly, but none of that would have happened (at least not by him) if he had become an artist instead.

@2790726

Of course Hitler was the lowest form of scum, given the way his life actually turned out.

But my point is that it would have taken only a small change early on to have altered his life completely, much smaller than what would have been required to make you King of England.

Hmm... King John II.   Has a nice ring to it, although the first John didn't do too well.   I'm sure you would have been much, much better.  biggrin smilie

A young prince named John oft would stew: 
"I'll SHOW them a thing, maybe two!
 As soon as I'm King,
 I'll decree, rule — first thing —
 That a toilet be ALWAYS a LOO!"

@2790814

Maybe so, but if Hitler had become an artist, as was his thwarted ambition when he was a down-and-out young derelict in Vienna, living in flophouses, he would just have remained an obscure weirdo that almost nobody would ever have heard of.

@2791381

Hitler wasn't even a lieutenant, he was a corporal, and he came to believe that "the Jews" were responsible for the "stab in the back" that caused Germany to lose WW1, not the defeat of her armies in the field. This was a common canard in right-wing groups, one of which, The German Workers' Party (founded in 1919 by Anton Drexler), Hitler was assigned by military counterintelligence of the Weimar Republic to spy on.

Hitler liked what he heard there, and soon pushed Drexler aside and took over that party, renaming it the National Solcialist German Workers' Party. The rest is history, although it still took many improbable (and dishonest) turns to bring him to power.

Had he not been assigned to spy on that tiny German Workers' party, I think it highly unlikely that the rest of his career would have unfolded at all like it did.

@2791864

There was a bloke from London town,
      said, "Corporal's hard to spell,"
And so he wrote ''lieutenant,"
     pronounced it "left" as well.  biggrin smilie

@2792106

A pupil, I'm sad to inform,
Whose spelling was less than the norm,
Heard FROM the schoolmaster,
"You'd better learn faster,
For YOU to progress past First Form."

@2792124

A Cockney, who dwells near Bow Bells
Is a GOOD lad, so everyone tells.
His rhymes are ok,
So suffice it to say,
He writes lim'ricks as well as he spells.   biggrin smilie

@2790480

It's all couched in the language of helping people and promoting tolerance, but they're doing what they're doing.

I doubt Hitler said that. At this point, anyone can make up any quote for what Hitler said.

But I want proof he said it.

@myhouseinthewoods I doubt Hitler said that. At this point, anyone can make up any quote for what Hitler said. But I want proof he...

From 'Inside the Third Reich' the memoirs of Albert Speer, Hitler’s architect and minister for armaments:

Hitler had been much impressed by a scrap of history he had learned from a delegation of distinguished Arabs. When the Mohammedans attempted to penetrate beyond France into Central Europe during the eighth century, his visitors had told him, they had been driven back at the Battle of Tours. Had the Arabs won this battle, the world would be Mohammedan today. For theirs was a religion that believed in spreading the faith by the sword and subjugating all nations to that faith. The German peoples would have become heirs to that religion. Such a creed was perfectly suited to the Germanic temperament. Hitler said that the conquering Arabs, because of their racial inferiority, would in the long run have been unable to contend with the harsher climate and conditions of the country. They could not have kept down the more vigorous natives, so that ultimately not Arabs but Islamized Germans could have stood at the head of this Mohammedan Empire.

Hitler usually concluded this historical speculation by remarking: ‘You see, it’s been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn’t we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?’

https://www.newyorker.com/news/...amized-germans
https://www.amazon.com/dp/09238...ag=thneyo0f-20

@Maze From 'Inside the Third Reich' the memoirs of Albert Speer, Hitler’s architect and minister for...

But these are just words. Still not proof.

I want a actual book or someone who was there. And even a "witness" could be lying.

@myhouseinthewoods Supposedly. But how can we verify that?

If that's not enough evidence for you, you can toss out a large portion of recorded history, because it isn't any better supported.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet Some people disregard facts and evidence if it clashes with their personal feelings.

Depending on what your definition of "facts and evidence" is lol

Some people just rather believe because some "scholar" told them so. Instead of trying to figure out the truth themselves.

Ignorance is bliss. And some people are just too lazy.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet "ignorance is bliss", how ironic!

I'm skeptical. I'm just not automatically believing either side without evidence.

Since history is written by the victors, all I'm saying, is that IF Hitler was trying to stop the globalist, his name would have been RUINED by the elite. Just like they try to destroy Trump's name.

I'm just saying.

@myhouseinthewoods Depending on what your definition of "facts and evidence" is lol Some people just rather believe because some...

well you are basking in ignorance, and obviously you are too lazy to check the source you where given as fact, you just want to argue that its not real

@Maze I want proof those people said those things.

Even if they didnt, thats some good common sense right there.

@myhouseinthewoods Even if they didnt, thats some good common sense right there.

I want an actual book or someone who was there. And even a "witness" could be lying. hehe smilie

@Maze I want an actual book or someone who was there. And even a "witness" could be lying.

When it comes to Hitler, I am skeptical.

But on a side note, I also dont believe Bill Cosby was automatically guilty just because of "witnesses"

@myhouseinthewoods In my opinion it just doesnt sound like something Hitler would say.

Yes and no. Hitler was a politician, so there's a predictable difference between his personally held opinions and his public statements.

The person who quoted him was in his inner circle, so he'd be in a position to know some of his more closely guarded thoughts.

@Maze Yes and no. Hitler was a politician, so there's a predictable difference between his personally held opinions and...

None of this is proof. It's just words given to us by other people, who say this is true.

No documents, text, stone tablets or anything to back any of this up.

@myhouseinthewoods None of this is proof. It's just words given to us by other people, who say this is true. No documents, text...

Well yes, there are: the memoirs of Albert Speer, a member of Hitler's inner circle. According to him, it was something Hitler said repeatedly.

@2790610

*Skeptical truth seekers

@2791039

I see what your doing

@Maze Well yes, there are: the memoirs of Albert Speer, a member of Hitler's inner circle. According to him, it was...

Thats still not proof.

I dont understand what you consider proof. Just because you write a book and CLAIM you were close to Hitler, doesnt make that a fact lol

I could claim I knew Ghandi. Are you going to believe me?

@myhouseinthewoods But wheres the proof 100% that this Speer guy knew Hitler?

You can't be serious.

Speer "was a German architect who was, for most of World War II, Reich Minister of Armaments and War Production for Nazi Germany. Speer was Adolf Hitler's chief architect before assuming ministerial office."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Speer

Do you remember seeing pictures of the architecture at the Nazi party rallies in Nuremberg during the 1930s?
Speer designed them.

@myhouseinthewoods And I'm sure everybody will believe it without question.

Only if you get thousands of historians to corroborate your Frankenstein thesis. biggrin smilie

@myhouseinthewoods I can pay "Historians" to write a article about it

You wouldn't have enough money to pay off enough such "historians". biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You wouldn't have enough money to pay off enough such "historians".

Says you.

I'm not saying me personally. I'm saying it can be done.

Pay some crack addicts to pretend to be historians for a low rate.

@myhouseinthewoods Says you. I'm not saying me personally. I'm saying it can be done. Pay some crack addicts to pretend to be...

That sounds like something someone who's trying to be a dick would say. No one would believe a bunch of crack addicts are historians.

@Thinkerbell That sounds like something someone who's trying to be a dick would say. No one would believe a bunch of crack...

Are you trying to use your sensitivities in a debate against me? lol

Thats why you clean them up, get them clothes, and put them in front of a 1000 dollar camera. And make it look professional lol

Give them fake names. Show made up graphs that people will believe because they will believe it without questioning. Blah blah blah

@myhouseinthewoods Are you trying to use your sensitivities in a debate against me? lol Thats why you clean them up, get them...

Nah, I'm just using your own words.

The crackheads would need more than suits and fake names to be taken for historians. And they wouldn't have been able to write the fake articles themselves; you would have to have paid the ghostwriters too.

Oh, wait. Maybe David Irving would have done it for free, if it was his kind of article. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Nah, I'm just using your own words. The crackheads would need more than suits and fake names to be taken for...

Your just sensitive. I said nothing offensive.

No they wouldnt. Fake historians show up all the time on the History channel. Yet people believe them because they look and sound professional.

You think people actually research these people?!!? lol

You know what I'm saying. Fake articles can be written.

Dont know who that is.

@myhouseinthewoods Your just sensitive. I said nothing offensive. No they wouldnt. Fake historians show up all the time on the...

When I say historians, I don't mean people who write junk history for the history channel.

I mean books and other publications made by peer-reviewed (that means checked) authors.

@Thinkerbell Only if you get thousands of historians to corroborate your Frankenstein thesis.

Hope my comments dont sound like I'm trying to be a dick towards you.

Cause I'm not

@myhouseinthewoods Hope my comments dont sound like I'm trying to be a dick towards you. Cause I'm not

Ok, I'll take you at your word, that you're not trying to be a dick. But I'd say your arguments are at best obtuse.

Here, for your consideration, is another article that points out that Speer was not the only witness to Hitler's views on Islam. It says, about 2/3 the way down, that:
"There are other accounts [besides Speer's] of Hitler expressing similar views. Eva Braun’s sister, Ilse, recorded that during his table talks, Hitler often discussed Islam and “repeatedly compared Islam with Christianity in order to devalue the latter, especially Catholicism,” in Motadel’s summary. “In contrast to Islam, which he portrayed as a strong and practical faith, he described Christianity as a soft, artificial, weak religion of suffering.” "

And other top Nazis had similar views regarding Christianity vis-a-vis Islam, including Hess and Himmler:

"Himmler’s fascination with Islam is more fully documented. His opinions ran along similar lines. Felix Kersten, Himmler’s doctor, wrote an entire chapter of his memoirs about his patient’s enthrallment with Islam and with the Prophet Muhammad. According to Kersten, Rudolf Hess introduced Himmler to the Koran, which Himmler sometimes kept at his bedside. He reportedly regarded the Prophet as one of history’s greatest men.

Himmler left the Catholic Church in 1936, and as the war later raged he sometimes reflected on Islam’s supposed advantages in motivating soldiers. “Mohammed knew that most people are terribly cowardly and stupid,” he told Kersten in 1942.

That is why he promised every warrior who fights courageously and falls in battle two [sic] beautiful women…. You may call this primitive and laugh about it…but it is based on deeper wisdom. A religion must speak a man’s language."

http://www.nybooks.com/articles...r-and-muslims/

@myhouseinthewoods When it comes to Hitler, I'm skeptical.

And what is the factual basis for your skepticism?

How many witnesses to what Hitler and other top Nazis said about Islam would it take to relieve you of your skepticism? Hitler's architect and armament's minister and the sister of his mistress/wife aren't enough...?

@Thinkerbell And what is the factual basis for your skepticism? How many witnesses to what Hitler and other top Nazis said...

Two people that couldve been made up? Nah :P

I want at least 1000 witnesses to speak to me personally for me to POSSIBLY lean my skepticness towards "Hitler was bad" narrative.

The rothchilds have been behind stuff through-out history. How do we know they couldve not been apart of Hitler's history?

Can someone explain this to me?

@myhouseinthewoods Two people that couldve been made up? Nah :P I want at least 1000 witnesses to speak to me personally for me to...

It's a picture taken at the Potsdam Conference, shortly after the surrender of Nazi Germany, so what?

@Thinkerbell It's a picture taken at the Potsdam Conference, shortly after the surrender of Nazi Germany, so what?

Why are they shaking hands with Stalin?

Surely they knew Stalin was a communist. I dont get why we would not be trying to stop this communist, instead of smiling right next to him.

@myhouseinthewoods Why are they shaking hands with Stalin? Surely they knew Stalin was a communist. I dont get why we would not be...

They were smiling about the defeat of Nazism.

And it didn't take long after that to form NATO, precisely for the purpose of stopping communism, which it did.

@myhouseinthewoods

Before you skip 50 years of history, why don't you say something about how NATO stopped Stalin, the commie you were complaining about just a couple of comments back? Or did he suddenly become a good guy? biggrin smilie

As for Putin, and NATO "on his doorstep", the countries on his doorstep in eastern Europe, after long and sorry experience under Russian domination, ASKED to join NATO, to get a measure of protection against the return of the bear. Or do you think you know better than those countries? biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@myhouseinthewoods Do you think NATO was set up without other alternative means?

Such as...?

The Soviet Union was occupying eastern Europe with about 100 divisions under Stalin's command, ready to move into western Europe if he so desired.

How do you counter a threat like that with something other than military force?

@Thinkerbell They were smiling about the defeat of Nazism. And it didn't take long after that to form NATO, precisely for the...

These globalist have a history of destroying good men's reputation.

So it is not entirely impossible it couldve happened to Hitler.

Look at my boy Gaddafi. Look at Trump. Look at Putin. Look at all these great people they tried/trying to destroy.

@myhouseinthewoods These globalist have a history of destroying good men's reputation. So it is not entirely impossible it couldve...

Yes, and it's not impossible that space aliens have established a base on the far side of the moon.

I agree that Hillary botched the Gaddafi operation, like she botched everything else she touched. n smilie

@2790547

Hence, vic's assertion that any truth cannot be proven.

@2790896

The German government wasn't responsible for the conflicts that instigated the grassroots cultural invasion of Western Europe. But they have been an enthusiastic cheerleader for, and facilitator of, the Islamic influx into Germany.

At first glance this is an affront to German culture, with its liberal ideals, not to mention its love of pork and alcohol. Ah, but Germany has socialized medicine, and I bet the German government isn't too thrilled with the public's appetite for booze and high cholesterol foods.

Personally I think they're nuts. People such as Hitler and maybe Merkel look at Western Europe and say "this is great, but if only we had a different philosophy, we'd be better and stronger, we'd have more power" and they seemingly forget that the existing philosophy is probably the central factor behind why it became so great and made them as powerful as they are.

I think Hitler said that mostly because he was piqued at the failure of the "German Christians" to Nazify the Protestant church in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Christians

And no, I don't think Merkel has Hitler's view of the "flaw" in German culture regarding Islam; I think she would behave in exactly the same foolish way if the "refugees" were Catholics from Central America.

What ahorrible man that was. Did they or he even have religion?

Really? Post of the day? Hitler? This is the best representation of the site, the best post amirite has to offer? Get this out of my face.