How hot does it have to be before you turn on your air conditioner? Care to share?

I just turned mine on, it was 78 here in the house.

https://media.giphy.com/media/HKl5QYQF5aOdO/giphy.gif
StarzAboves avatar Animals & Nature
4 48

In the summer, I keep my thermostat at 76F. It stays comfortable ... even my daughter and my dog are content. a smilie

@JanHaskell In the summer, I keep my thermostat at 76F. It stays comfortable ... even my daughter and my dog are content.

76 is a good and comfortable setting. That's what mine is set at now. But I open up my doors in the morning until around noon when and when it gets hot, I turn it to 76. We keep it at 74 during the night.

I'm completely spoiled... Like, 75. What, I can't sleep sweating. Besides, you can always put more on if you're cold, but you can only take off so much.

@StarzAbove I have to have it pretty cool when sleeping.

Me too. It's also ridiculously hot where I live, if I don't keep the house cool at night, I'll spend the whole day trying to cool it down.

@ForkNdaRoad Me too. It's also ridiculously hot where I live, if I don't keep the house cool at night, I'll spend the whole day...

We have been going through some really hot weather the last few months....miserable. We are having August weather in June and July. 90 plus degrees most days..... I hate it.

@ForkNdaRoad That's exactly how it's been here.

I'm anxiously awaiting Fall. It's warm during the day and cool at night, perfect weather, but it just last very long

@StarzAbove I'm anxiously awaiting Fall. It's warm during the day and cool at night, perfect weather, but it just last very long

I actually don't like fall. I find it depressing. Everyone stops having fun for some reason. why can't we party year round? We're not in school anymore! well October and sepetember aint bad but then it gets darker and gloomier and the trees look dead and all i think about is regret.

@TomboyJanet I actually don't like fall. I find it depressing. Everyone stops having fun for some reason. why can't we party...

I know a lot of people don't like the Fall, because they know that winter is fast approaching. But it has always been my favorite time of the year. The days are glorious, the leaves are beautiful, and the nights are cool. I feel more energized during the Fall months than any other the entire year.

@ForkNdaRoad I'm completely spoiled... Like, 75. What, I can't sleep sweating. Besides, you can always put more on if you're...

fork. I don't really love having an air conditioner running all night so I take a frozen heat/ice pack frozen to bed with me. with a towel to absorb any moisture. put it on your pillow you feel real cool.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred fork. I don't really love having an air conditioner running all night so I take a frozen heat/ice pack frozen to...

This is TX, if I don't run the ac at night by the time the sun comes up it will be a sauna. Though it does cut off and on through the night.

@ForkNdaRoad This is TX, if I don't run the ac at night by the time the sun comes up it will be a sauna. Though it does cut off...

OH boy you guys do need the A/C but here in Maine it still gets to 40 most nights, I am hot cold hot cold. So as usual no sleep for me. swt smilie

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred OH boy you guys do need the A/C but here in Maine it still gets to 40 most nights, I am hot cold hot cold. So...

40's every night? That sounds blissful right now. How cold does it get in the winter? What's an average winter temperature?

That's not an air conditioner.

That's a dog.

No wonder you guys are always confused over that side of the pond.

@StarzAbove ha that's a dog enjoying the A/C.

No, that's a black cat stuck in a ladder on Friday the 13th.

They usually turn into dogs after some hours of direct sunlight.

@ZonkeyBalls That's not an air conditioner. That's a dog. No wonder you guys are always confused over that side of the pond.

Dog must have been awfully hot to lay right on the cold ventwith central air the air comes right from the vents like the heat. When you are cheap like me and have just a furnace you can do manual adjustments and the cool air from below blows up the vents. cool smilie

80 all depends on the humidity.

mm, about 85 here. Really gets bad for me above 95. Ironic, considering my body temperature can reach thousands when I use electrokinetic abilities.

I dont need ac, so i dont have it. Although it has been warm. It gets cool enough at night and with a fan, im good.
When i lived in nc, i kept my house at about 75. Felt like an icebox after being out in the heat and humidity all day.

I do much better in the heat. I will never complain about a wave.

@StarzAbove I grew up without A/C....but it sure feels good now.

The stores and restaurants have the air too cooled. Feels good for a sec, and then i freeze. I go out to eat with jeans and carry a jacket:(

@Carla The stores and restaurants have the air too cooled. Feels good for a sec, and then i freeze. I go out to eat with...

So do I Carla, just the other day we went out for lunch, and it was so cold, we asked to be moved to another table. Which they did, and it wasn't as cold there.

No air con over here in England although this year has been really hot so it wouldn't of gone a miss. 乂º◡º乂

@Ada No air con over here in England although this year has been really hot so it wouldn't of gone a miss. 乂º◡º乂

Your weather is pretty consistent, isn't it? I was watching the Queen today and she had a coat on.....

@StarzAbove Your weather is pretty consistent, isn't it? I was watching the Queen today and she had a coat...

Usually it's consistently wet up here in the North but yes compared to certain parts of America the weather usually doesn't just jump from extremely cold winters to mega hot summers although this year it has done.
The hot weather has dropped a bit last few days but been told it's going to get really hot again over weekend. 乂º◡º乂

@Ada Usually it's consistently wet up here in the North but yes compared to certain parts of America the weather usually...

I've always heard that your weather was very rainy, but from some of the ceremonies I've seen on TV, it's always been very nice.

The weather here has really changed this year from what it normally it is. It has been very hot in June and July....around 95+, that's the kind of weather we have in August.... it's been pretty miserable.

At our beach house, I keep it set at 72, but it doesn't get used all that often. At our mountain house, (6000 ft) a fan is all that is needed in summer

72 is where it stays during summer, it's very humid here.

@jaded 72 is where it stays during summer, it's very humid here.

That humidity can be a scorcher. Thanks for commenting.

@2791387

A low of 93, wow, you must live in the desert.

@2791533

Thanks for the info, all cities I've never been to and won't be going soon. I hate hot weather, give me the Fall season, and I'm happy as a clam.

How lucky can you be.... living so close to a dentist....or many dentists. lol

lol I love your sense of humor..... I laugh every time I read your comments. lol

80 degrees and up

@TomboyJanet 80 degrees and up

Same here Janet, 80 seems to be the magic number. Stay cool, my friend.