Is your house, houses near yours censored from Google StreetView? People can choose to censor their address of choosing in Google Maps' Streetview. Though I also wonder why bother, because doing so makes it more suspicious, because instead of just photoshopping the house out of picture like it wasn't even there, you just get big blurry blocks in front of it. Like the same method for censoring someone's face or license plate. If you wanted to hide from someone, or the evil spies from Google or NASA, I don't think this is any better.

One of my hobbies on my spare time is looking at streetview and taking a virtual trip around town or somewhere I'd never be able to visit in person. Every now and then I notice there's a house or location that's completely censored, but it's very noticeable though. if you look at it from normal view or top down, it's not really censored off, you just see the roof most of the time, but in streetview it's blurred out. In one way, nothing's really happened there, and someone's just being privacy-conscious. On the other hand, there's a big chance it's hiding something too. I'm from Northeast Pennsylvania, and we have a lot of crack/druglord houses and meth houses scattered about, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre are famous for these, besides mentioned in Home Alone and The Office. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was both reasons, at least for my home state...

Image for post Is your house, houses near yours censored from Google StreetView? People can choose to censor their address of choosing in Google Maps' Streetview. Though I also wonder why bother, because doing so makes it more suspicious, because instead of just photoshopping the house out of picture like it wasn't even there, you just get big blurry blocks in front of it. Like the same method for censoring someone's face or license plate. If you wanted to hide from someone, or the evil spies from Google or NASA, I don't think this is any better.
10% They are watching us! 0% We must look bigger! 0% What is Google? 30% What is Streetview? 20% What is internet? 0% What is life like outside my bubble? 0% Someone was murdered here and they're covering it up! 10% My house is a crack house! 30% Other
Tanor_Fauxs avatar Jokes & Humour
0 2

My House is a :P sign

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet What is internet? 0Reply