+6

No wonder SodaHead shut down. Amirite?

I never saw such crybabies, and guess where they are ALL from? Who would need the headache?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/09bdaeb7b9bfb3c5259167ecc8622a42/tenor.gif?itemid=4613591
1 73

That was purely a business decision, but it was handled abruptly and rudely to say the least. crs smilie

An anon sock complaining about crybabies - priceless

@2792703

But maybe, like in Washington, there's a deep state... biggrin smilie

@2792717

Maybe it's visible to you, but it's been muted to everyone else.
I'm talking about the post that begins, "Sorry to say, but this site..."

I've noticed that muted posts or comments can still be visible to the original posters.

@2792726

When checking mod'ration myself,
I find that it's LESS than top-shelf.
When posts will get booted,
Or censored and muted,
The OP must TALK to himself. n smilie

@Thinkerbell Thank you so much, Carla. But... not everyone agrees with you...

Im sorry.
Cant account for anyone but myself. Besides...you know you're good at it.;)
I dont often agree with your limmericks, but damn, they are quick and good.
I would love to see anyone here, besides yourself, who can converse in thoughtful rhyme.

@2792748

Vic is the only active moderator. I only see Serenity once a month here.

@2792671

The disappearance only proves the truth of the post.

@2792751

Methinks there's a mod here who's thick
As thieves with a p' litical clique.
One needn't be quick,
Or indeed very slick,
To detect here the hand of old V—. hehe smilie

@2792793

That's ok, I often p*ss him off, because I often prove he's wrong.   biggrin smilie

@2792773

I think most of them here aren't, although it's been a little fuzzy from time to time. hehe smilie

@2792663

We at times note distinctly a whiff,
If we perk up our noses and sniff.
One needs no diploma
To note the aroma
Of tiff growing turgid and stiff.

I wonder if this is the same Art from SH. I remember a guy like that from there that was sort of prominent for awhile.

@2792657

A certain nocturnal cowboy was one of the near-top leaderboard members there. Need I say more? hehe smilie

@2792831

I think "sister jean", or whatever she was called, was really about three people. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell I think "sister jean", or whatever she was called, was really about three people.

Naw ... Sister Jean is truly a retired nun and school teacher/principal. She and I still chat on the phone occasionally, exchange birthday and Christmas cards, and communicate on Facebook. a smilie

@JanHaskell Naw ... Sister Jean is truly a retired nun and school teacher/principal. She and I still chat on the phone...

Interesting... she must have been online during all her waking hours to have amassed so many SH points. omg smilie

@Thinkerbell Interesting... she must have been online during all her waking hours to have amassed so many SH points.

She was fairly isolated, especially in the cold months. She devoted most of her time to Sodahead and Princess, her cat.

@JanHaskell She was fairly isolated, especially in the cold months. She devoted most of her time to Sodahead and Princess, her cat.

I forgot how many points she had on SH, was it 2 or 3 million?

I thought I wasted far too much time getting to Guru, a mere 100,000 points. hehe smilie

@2793054

That could only have been SJ or MC. hehe smilie

@2793162

Well, you got a point on SH every time you upvoted a comment or post, so I suppose a bot could go through and produce 50,000 upvotes in a matter of seconds, upvoting everything, willy-nilly.

Say... why isn't Mueller investigating this?!
I bet the Russians were behind it, pretending to be the Italian guy, and Trump undoubtedly colluded!

@2792673

Ask your Marine son, I think he knows of him.
biggrin smilie hehe smilie biggrin smilie

This comment was deleted.
@2792629

You may be on to something there Champ!

@2792613

There once was an internet coward,
Who hereabouts often had lowered,
'Til quite all at once,
He was shown for a dunce,
And was scoured, overpowered and deflowered.

While some ex-SodaHeaders here have been less than mature, I don’t believe that’s why the site shut down. Bozette has it right that the site decided to go in a different direction (with almost no warning to its users).

Screw them, selling us out like that.

If people knew the half of what was really going on at SH, they'd realize the owners had no choice but to change the direction of the company.

@Thinkerbell Well, they indeed changed the direction of the company.

Thing is the amount of users on the site at the end was a complete fabrication and DeBryce openly admitted it in a public forum, then immediately deleted his remarks.

I assume it was because he realized he was basically admitting the company was defrauding their sponsors.

Knowing that, it was no surprise whatsoever when they seized the user-data of every single site member, they'd already sold it to Swagbucks.

Sodahead betrayed their users by monetizing them, they'd never have survived in the current net-marketplace. They shut count themselves lucky that they aren't in jail given California passed a law making certain forms of data-scraping / depublishing illegal. I'm quite sure they had this in mind when they sold out to Protege / Swagbucks just a few months before that law was passed.

@ForkNdaRoad Thing is the amount of users on the site at the end was a complete fabrication and DeBryce openly admitted it in a...

Oh, I can believe the user numbers were faked, but it surely didn't take much in the way of observation to realize that the average number of unique daily users could only have amounted to a few thousand, so if the sponsors were defrauded, they also seem not to have been paying much attention.

Nor do I understand why anyone would have placed a whole lot of value on the user-data, most of it being pseudonymous. I don't recall, for example, ever having received advertising or spam that I could connect with my having been a SH member, other than the relatively few ads that appeared on the SH site itself.

@Thinkerbell Oh, I can believe the user numbers were faked, but it surely didn't take much in the way of observation to realize...

The site itself was the only part of SH, their widget on other sites and the widgets of other site on their site, according to them, was also factored into unique traffic. I never bought that either.

Keep in mind, SH was birthed out of Myspace. Quick-logins are always where the real data is found.

Really? At one point, they'd built surveys into the polls themselves. They were as declinable as adware is on a free download. lol

@ForkNdaRoad The site itself was the only part of SH, their widget on other sites and the widgets of other site on their site...

Well, I never knowingly used one of the widgets, mostly just answered questions, argued, raved comments I liked, and chatted with friends in interest groups. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Well, I never knowingly used one of the widgets, mostly just answered questions, argued, raved comments I liked...

I didn't either off-site, but the polling mechanism was a widget. Site-mods went to great lengths to explain that away though. And you don't have to use the widget for it to compile a data profile for you, fyi.

@ForkNdaRoad I didn't either off-site, but the polling mechanism was a widget. Site-mods went to great lengths to explain...

I guess what I'm not understanding is what really useful profile data did they get? I didn't give them my name, my birthday or my location, although they gave points if you did provide information like that, so really all they could get was a profile of how I answered questions. I'm not sure what use that would be except for metadata.

@Thinkerbell I guess what I'm not understanding is what really useful profile data did they get? I didn't give them my name, my...

That would depend greatly on how someone came to the site, I suppose. And whether directly or partnering with other sites, they could easily collect location, browser preferences, same data accessible to any other free site.

SH fell apart because it was run by some idiots and their inbred farm who ran around blocking everyone from the site who disagreed with their hardline backwater views and banned me for speaking out against being stalked and harassed by a loser user who thought sexual assault was hilarious. Good riddance!

I have nothing but contempt for their entire team who caused me to lose contact with some awesome people.

SodaHead was even more of a garbage heap than this site is now, if you can believe that.

Anonymous