Right now I want good relations with Russia as much as I would want good relations with Nazi Germany. You don't want good relations with bad people. That makes you one of the enemies. Or are we looking to join the New Axis powers Russia North Korea and China? Stop pussyfooting around Mr. President and Man up dude.

Are you guys completely insane? how long are you gonna dance around this damn puppet show? DONT MAKE FRIENDS WITH DICTATORS! What's wrong with you?

Image for post Right now I want good relations with Russia as much as I would want good relations with Nazi Germany. You don't want good relations with bad people. That makes you one of the enemies. Or are we looking to join the New Axis powers Russia North Korea and China? Stop pussyfooting around Mr. President and Man up dude.
0% But janiot!!!1 Putin is a good guy!!! freedom of speech sucks!! and he's cleansing the world of it! 0% but jenit!!!1 Don't you want to be thrown in jail for speaking against a national leader? 14% but jennid!!!11 putin seids he did nothing wrongs! that makes it troos! 71% F**k putin 14% Other
TomboyJanets avatar Countries & Places
2 13

You need good relations if you hope to avoid war. That doesn't mean capitulation to their every move (for example, we do not need to recognize the annexation of Crimea), but increasing hostilities never seems to benefit the world.

@Tibby You need good relations if you hope to avoid war. That doesn't mean capitulation to their every move (for example...

No we don't. We need to stand up and say fuck you this is wrong we're not going to be your pal. What you're saying is an oximoron. You're saying one hand wave the olive branch with the other the hammer. You got to pick one. How about good relations with our allies....remember them?

What your saying is called appeasement. Plesase don't nuke me mr. putin ill behave!! Like I said it's tough to just bomb out the kremlin with all those nukes around but we don't have to roll over and play ball and we don't have to sit here and ignore cyber attacks.

And yes I fully support femen and everything they do and hope to give them some money as well.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet F**k putin +1Reply
@TomboyJanet No we don't. We need to stand up and say fuck you this is wrong we're not going to be your pal. What you're saying...

It's more that I'm saying to wave the olive branch with the hammer behind your back in case it's necessary. Even Bush cited Churchill's cautions against appeasement when justifying the Iraq War. I think most of us would now agree that was a major blunder.

I'm not speaking of surrender or concessions. I'm speaking only of relations. We can be firm without fomenting war. I do agree that Trump's display in Helsinki seemed more like brown-nosing than it did seeking the best interests of the U.S.

@Tibby It's more that I'm saying to wave the olive branch with the hammer behind your back in case it's necessary. Even...

I think to a certain extent you are correct. But I do believe with the human rights violations, Putin has crossed a line and we should just not do business with Russia. I believe that we should rather stand with other nations to just basically cut them off from the world. Just give em the cold shoulder so to speak. I'm not saying we should just blow up the kremlin (though it's a nice image in my head) but just refuse to do trade, refuse to assist in operations, refuse to acknowledge them at all. I think if enough powerful nations like ourselves do that then perhaps Russia will suffer. If they choose to go on the attack, then we will bring out our guns but there are MANY more options other than physical combative war. That's all I'm really saying here. I just really don't think that we should make Putin out to be some kind of great man. He's not a good person.

Meanwhile we should take steps to ensure there is NO meddling in our own elections, and yes it's pretty obvious that there was and pretty obvious that Russia had some dirty tactics. This is OUR nation OUR Elections OUR choices. People like John Adams and Thomas Jefferson did not intend any foreign power to control us, not England not Russia not anyone.

TomboyJanets avatar TomboyJanet F**k putin 0Reply
@2793052

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Ever hear that? But....only for the purpose of defeating a larger threat and only till the fight is over.
No one calls you names, gronk. Still...all you are is nasty and mean. You must have a secretly miserable existence.

@2793560

Yep. I am mentally disturbed. And btw, you do act mean and nasty here. Whether you truly are or not is just speculation.
You sure get worked up easily. Do you have anger issues, gronk?

As much as I hate Donald Trump......I hate Putin a thousand times more. What he does to his own people, to innocent people, to women.....it's appalling. And Cossack running mad in the streets kicking the crap out of people for no reason whatsoever. It's unfathomable why the supposed party of morality thinks Russia is some kind of wonderland now because Trump says it is. I don't trust ANYONE who supports Putin one bit. I didn't even mention the cyber attacks yet.

I think we can all agree on one thing and that is that we are thankful that you are not in charge here. Your emotional outbursts and ignorance would only get us into war.
Putin respects strength and that is the position of Trump, that America is a strong nation and will not tolerate abuse from any country.
I don't know who said it but I agree with "keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

I find it ironic when people demand we hold certain world leaders accountable while giving other world leaders a free pass. I'm not a fan of Russia or China, but what about all the corruption and abuse of people in countries like Mexico, most of the South American Countries, the Middle Eastern Countries, and African countries? The people who demand we hold some regimes accountable for their actions, are the same people who support the genocide and corruption of countries because it follows some political narrative. Africa is one of the biggest "shit holes" on the planet, filled with racism, hate, corruption and crime, yet that's where we send the majority of our foreign aid to.