1 41

I disagree 100%

I am Budwick. I am Budwick everyday. I need to own the things I write here. My Amirite persona depends on that.

An anonymous poster could be anybody. But can not be attributed to anybody.

I can only assume that an anonymous poster has something to hide. I automatically have my shields up and sensors set on 11. You can bitch all you want over not having my home address and phone number. Any numbskull knows that sharing that information on the Internet is stupid.

So, tell me again why I should respect your opinions

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +10Reply

No...no one without a photo is anonymous to me. I trust those ive come to know. Even if we butt heads. Yes...ive been burned. But burned by someone who did show what i believed to her name and photos. As long as we all communicate via written words, we have to trust in who we see as believeable.
Btw...you have my real first name and the photos in my profile are from my life.

@2793173

I knew that was you!

@2793457

No...i recognized your wife;)

You being serious?If people wish to use their real name they can.I won't-but a select few across my various forums know it There's at least one on here.But I won't post as anonymous.

Have fun being unable to respond to any comment left on your posts.

And we care, because?

I don't care what you do, to be honest. Knock yourself out...

My name isn't hard to find.
My face isn't hard to mind.
My heart isn't hard to beat.
My patience isn't hard to treat.

Where did I forget my nametag?
My wife always beats me at laser tag.
But I like to live a life.
Full and free of strife.

If you don't rid of yourself the guilt,
You'll find the self will rid you from the self.

Completely agree. Everything here, and even in real life but to a less obvious extent, depends on the persona. An anonymous poster is no different than a named user that posts infrequently. Besides, when people post anonymous often you can sometimes tell which posts or comments come from the same anonymous user. Fuzala was always really excellent at that

@Wunderscore Completely agree. Everything here, and even in real life but to a less obvious extent, depends on the persona. An...

It is different, even if not real the named users here have a reputation and are accountable to the things they say because they face being shunned from the rest of the community while the anon poster is just a weasel who says whatever they want and gets no consequence for it.

@Sunny_the_skeptic It is different, even if not real the named users here have a reputation and are accountable to the things they say...

Like I said, you can often tell which anonymous posters are which, even if they don't have an obvious name attached to that anonymous persona

@Wunderscore Like I said, you can often tell which anonymous posters are which, even if they don't have an obvious name attached...

Really? Can you tell all of the anon posts here from their writing and such? I know you're smart but that much wowzas

@Sunny_the_skeptic So in that case I will look out for milksharks

Also I think this conversation kind of ignores the fact that the purpose of posting anonymously is precisely to detach oneself from the brand of his persona

And that's why we're all on here, right? To have these conversations that we probably wouldn't be having in our real lives

@Wunderscore Also I think this conversation kind of ignores the fact that the purpose of posting anonymously is precisely to...

I agree, still we do have a persona here and that persona is accountable for words spoken, this weaseling out of accountability is annoying. We are not what we are in real life HOWEVER we still have a reputation even as our personas.
You seem like to be ignoring this trolling done by these people or person taking advantage of the feature.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I agree, still we do have a persona here and that persona is accountable for words spoken, this weaseling out of...

There are plenty of other platforms like this one that do not have an anonymous feature and which may be more suited to your tastes

@Sunny_the_skeptic It's not that it bothers me so much it's just baffling why are you so protective of that feature

Truthfully I don't use it often because I'm not active enough on the site to want to. But there are many posts and comments that are enhanced by anonymity and I think it's a feature important in making this site unique. Like I said, there are many platforms like this one but the option to post anonymously is a feature that sets this one apart from some of those. But mostly I just think it's stupid that so many people are so against it

@Sunny_the_skeptic The only reason people are against it is because it's used a nuisance instead of any unique variety

That's not the fault of the anonymous feature. That's the fault of the crowd that uses the site nowadays

Edit: and maybe if everyone stopped being so annoying about being annoyed by it, the "annoying" anonymous posters wouldn't get any gain out of doing so anymore

@Wunderscore That's not the fault of the anonymous feature. That's the fault of the crowd that uses the site nowadays Edit: and...

On the other hand I dont see much use for it since you can only make a post but not reply. It leaves you with just 1 statement. Abuse of things is human nature dont you think?

@Sunny_the_skeptic On the other hand I dont see much use for it since you can only make a post but not reply. It leaves you with just...

If someone has an issue with it they don't have to use it, but that doesn't mean the option should be taken away from everyone.

I absolutely think abuse of pleasurable things is part of nature. But I also think that it's important not to fuck around with nature because it will always win eventually, and reacting to it is a much more important part of growth than trying to steamroll nature at any given opportunity

After reading this again I have another point in favor of anonymous posting. You said that people with accounts can "face being shunned from the rest of the community... while the anon poster... says whatever they want"

Isn't that the point of the site, to post whatever opinions you want? People posting anonymously surely just shows that the rest of us with accounts are assholes for shunning people for holding controversial opinions.. to me that's a way bigger issue than someone posting an unpopular opinion

@Wunderscore After reading this again I have another point in favor of anonymous posting. You said that people with accounts can...

The shunning is done for a good reason. If someone appears out of nowhere slap your face and pull your pants down arent you going get angry? And even more so if you cant identify who wronged you (assuming that you would regularly know the person)

@Sunny_the_skeptic The shunning is done for a good reason. If someone appears out of nowhere slap your face and pull your pants down...

Well yeah, but that's not quite what's happening here, is it? And, again, that's not the fault of the anonymous feature. In the dramatized version you brought up, which again isn't what's happening here, I wouldn't be mad that I didn't know who did it; I'd be mad that I got slapped and pantsed

@Sunny_the_skeptic You're not really offering any solution, merely making an observation because of how you feel

The solution I guess is to stop thinking that it's a problem. A change in attitude if you will

The US doesnt negotiate with terrorists

Anonymous