Have you ever dyed your hair? Would you do it?

I've recently dyed my hair "Dark Red" as the box says. I like it :D (But not permanent colour. I use the one that washes away bit by bit).

Image for post Have you ever dyed your hair? Would you do it?
14% I have, but not anymore 5% I still do it 14% I would 50% No 18% Other
Sofias avatar Jokes & Humour
10 44
@2794220

That's one of the reasons I don't use permanent. Having to dye the roots again and again is not something I want.

Sofias avatar Sofia Other +4Reply
@Sofia That's one of the reasons I don't use permanent. Having to dye the roots again and again is not something I want.

Sofia I am very lazy about my hair it is more trouble than crown. If you find a good person you can get just the roots done, and leave that older hair less stressed with coloring. When I need a touch up I usually just buy at the dollar tree a box of the just for men cheap stuff. Then I part while dry and do it that way. Works well for me until the back is due then I go to a place I can trust. Lasts long enough for me.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Sofia I am very lazy about my hair it is more trouble than crown. If you find a good person you can get just...

I don't need that much. I'm not in the habit of doing this. I only do it when I feel like it, which is maybe once/twice in three years, if not more.

Sofias avatar Sofia Other +1Reply

I used to dye my then-mid-brown hair to full blonde in my twenties, when I also used to have a huge beard to support the silliness of the style I had chosen. These days, though, I'm getting gray/grey and I guess I'm just trying to be more like a guru on a mountain top, shouting at the trees with one hand.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls I have, but not anymore +7Reply
@ZonkeyBalls I used to dye my then-mid-brown hair to full blonde in my twenties, when I also used to have a huge beard to...

Going beardless sure is a better option for men than having a gray beard sometimes facial hair is usually the first to go gray or white. Ya I color my stupid hair a lot, usually blonder any other time but spring summer. I like the natural look that the sun gives me a natural curl of blonde here and there.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Going beardless sure is a better option for men than having a gray beard sometimes facial hair is usually the...

I have a week old beard now and since my chin hair is already white, I'd say you might be spot on with your optimistic view about somebody perhaps wanting to shave me, occasionally.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls I have, but not anymore +2Reply
@ZonkeyBalls I have a week old beard now and since my chin hair is already white, I'd say you might be spot on with your...

Zonkey, I know because I dated a guy some years ago, he was bald on top brown long hair from sides of his head - but a big gray beard, People usually other guys would stop to tell him great beard. Sure took a lot of care, he washed and conditioned that more than I did my hair. At least nobody could say he had nasty crumbs in his beard. Wonder why they can't transplant a beard up to the top of a bald heademo smilie

Never have.

@2794266

compiments are nice - did you get her number?cool smilie

@2794551

good for you. let us all know if it works outpty smilie

@2794271

So start doing a little creative painting now to keep people guessing. Too hare to fool anyone if you go from gray to blonde all in one day. biggrin smilie

@2794260

Hubba, hubba;)

@2794260

JD I understand, a buddy of mine from Iran, so very dark hair, Wanted to color a gaying mustache- well whatever he used colored everything it touched a reddish purple - not too cool a look on himcool smilie

Noooope.... I wouldn't dye it. I'm way too shy for that sort of change in appearance. And I sort of like my current hair color.

But, if I were to ever do it, I guess I'd either make it black, or make it a lighter shade of brown (My hair is a dark shade of brown that might be confused with black if you don't look closely enough.)

The dark red is lookin' good. :)

How about a color that doesn't occur naturally, like blue, purple, green, etc.? Would you ever go for that?

@primeiro Noooope.... I wouldn't dye it. I'm way too shy for that sort of change in appearance. And I sort of like my current...

I see so much crazy color out there, I don't like it I only get that chalk or spray on for a fun night out. Then It gets washed out and back to my own color.

@Sofia Purple, yes, I would. Dark blue too.

Well, I think both these colors can look very good in hair. :)

I also think it can look really good with the hair only partially dyed, like... Dyed... strands? Not sure how to say "mechas". :P Dyed with varying shades of a color.

@Sofia I think the name is ombre... is it something like...

This sort of striped pattern that this singer does to her hair also looks nice. I'd imagine it takes a while to do, though.

Oh, didn't know that name.
Yep! Something like that, yeah. :D
Images are faster. :P

No never have, never will. I'm a natural blonde and not going to mess up a good thing.

I have not and pretty sure I'll never rob a bank and need to change my identity.

Yea... probably never.

It was a one-time thing, years ago.

PartyOfOnes avatar PartyOfOne I have, but not anymore +1Reply
Anonymous