Have you ever been to or participated in the Soap Box Derby?

Soap Box Derby hosts kids that built their gravity powered cars with the help of parent or mentor. It looks pretty cool. I wanna go to watch.

Image for post Have you ever been to or participated in the Soap Box Derby?
Budwicks avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
3 11
The people are still deciding if Budwick is right or wrong. Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, but I did build my own cob-job one with lawn mower wheels, bolts,a bicycle seat, and 2x4's. Steered the front wheels with my feet.

@JerryHendrickson No, but I did build my own cob-job one with lawn mower wheels, bolts,a bicycle seat, and 2x4's. Steered the front...

What Jerry said. Had one big long hill out in the country, on a rough gravel road with steep ditches. Sometimes it steered with the feet, and we made it down the hill, and sometimes we didn't. Two or three runs and we were done. We had to pull that 100 pound monster back up the hill.

They didn't have those in small farm towns where I grew up.

No, but my dad helped me build a soap box racer that I used against other neighbor's racers - fun while it lasted.

Anonymous