-2

We need to drug test all those farmers and put them on a welfare to work program before we just hand over our hard earned tax dollars to those lazy freeloaders!

Trump to offer farmers $12B in trade aidThe administration is also rolling out new, campaign-style hats that say: 'Make Our Farmers Great Again.'https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/24/trump-trade-aid-for-farmers-737108
Politics
0 75

Cause a problem, then pretend that you fixed it.
What of everyone else affected? Which will be everyone else.
Oh, yes...not everyone voted trump

LOL. Funny how one form of welfare is fair while others are governmental abuse. Republicans are an odd bunch of goofs.

@VicZinc LOL. Funny how one form of welfare is fair while others are governmental abuse. Republicans are an odd bunch of goofs.

Pull billions out of the air for farmers, suffering for naught.
Pull billions out of the air for fancy tanks, airplanes and ships. Which will do nothing to stop our grids from attack.
How far that money could go for benevolent purposes.

@Carla Pull billions out of the air for farmers, suffering for naught. Pull billions out of the air for fancy tanks...

The entire WIC grant in 2107 was about $6.5 billion. Need to cut that because of all those preggers and moms with their newborns who are too "lazy" to work.

@VicZinc The entire WIC grant in 2107 was about $6.5 billion. Need to cut that because of all those preggers and moms...

Family values, right? But only if you are financially secure, have two straight parents, and are christian.

One form is for a bunch of bums who don't work and the other is for people who bust their asses 7 days a week who we'd be screwed without.

@JerryHendrickson One form is for a bunch of bums who don't work and the other is for people who bust their asses 7 days a week who...

Typical response: if someone is on welfare they are a bum, unless they are not a bum then they are hard working people, unless they are bums.

@JerryHendrickson That's not what I said at all.

Then I misunderstood. Exactly which forms of welfare are for "bums" (your word, not mine).

@VicZinc Then I misunderstood. Exactly which forms of welfare are for "bums" (your word, not mine).

The form in which people, without debilitating disability, sit on their asses watching The View at home, collecting welfare with no effort in finding work.

@JerryHendrickson The form in which people, without debilitating disability, sit on their asses watching The View at home, collecting...

uh huh.

Tell you what. I'll have those people to apply to work with you, cause frankly I would rather pay them to stay home than have them work here and have to do their work as well as my own.

If they are so useless that they "make no effort in finding work*" then god bless their lazy hearts - let them watch the View, I sure don't want to watch that drivel.

• My experience has been that everyone wants to work, some are just not capable because of some mental or physical disability - I personally think the number of people that fall into the category of "make no effort in finding work" is a teeny-tiny percent of the overall population.
@VicZinc uh huh. Tell you what. I'll have those people to apply to work with you, cause frankly I would rather pay them to...

Then there should be a welfare bus. They get on at 8, work for whatever city or town they live in picking up trash, mowing lawns for the elderly, whatever the tax paying citizens want them to do. Off the bus at 6pm with a day's wage. No work, no pay.

@JerryHendrickson Then there should be a welfare bus. They get on at 8, work for whatever city or town they live in picking up...

I can support that, in concept.
We can debate what constitutes "work" on another post. To me watch the view is work. I would need someone to hold my eyes open and my mouth shut if that was my "job".

@VicZinc I can support that, in concept. We can debate what constitutes "work" on another post. To me watch the view is...

Picking up all of the litter that they help make would be a good start. Then there would far less "bums." My use of the word "bum" constitutes a person who wants something for nothing.

"One form is for a bunch of bums..."

That's actually exactly what you said.

@ForkNdaRoad "One form is for a bunch of bums..." That's actually exactly what you said.

They ARE bums. Here in the 'noun' definition in Webster's Dictionary: bum
noun
Definition of bum
1 a : one who sponges (see 2sponge 2) off others and avoids work He's a lazy bum.
b : one who performs a function poorly called the umpire a bum
c : one whose time is devoted to a recreational activity a beach bum ski bums
2 : vagrant, tramp bums sleeping on park benches
— on the bum
: with no settled residence or means of support

Equally amazing is how in one instance "if they have nothing to hide, they have no reason to worry," while in the other we're to turn a blind eye 'just cuz' they produce food.

I personally think if we're drug testing or psychologically testing anyone, it should be all federal employees, including the president.

I've got an idea!

How about we check:
If they voted for Trump they get to reap what they sowed.
If they voted for anyone else they get the bailout.

Farmers are the hardest working people I know....where would we be without them. So now Trump wants to fix the problem that he started by subsidizing them. Where is he gonna get the money for that....oh I know, he's going to borrow it from China....the one he put the tariffs on to begin with.

How about the other industries that will be badly hurt by his tariffs? He gonna bail them out too.. Geez, what a moron we have for a president.

Yeah, they're far from lazy. Go work on a farm for a year and get back to me when you've learned what hard work is.

Farmers been receiving welfare for decades, it's time they either make it on their own, or find other jobs. NO MORE FARM SUBSIDIES

@Flrdsgns Farmers been receiving welfare for decades, it's time they either make it on their own, or find other jobs. NO...

That is how conglomerates pay for their half million dollar machines, strip clear forrested land, spray the most offensive smelling, who knows what, on the newly formed fields, then write off unharvested crops. All while putting small hard working farmers out of business. I am reminded of it, daily.

You wiener heads would be bitching if farmers weren't given some assistance on this. The government suddenly changes the playing field for farmers that used to be able to sell over seas - and now with tariffs installed to reduce trade deficits and encourage trade partners to be fair, I'm glad the administration is helping the farmers out.

When long term trade deals are struck, the aid goes away.

It's just something else for lefties to bitch about.
Bitch, bitch, bitch.

@Budwick You wiener heads would be bitching if farmers weren't given some assistance on this. The government suddenly...

This welfare package for farmers will cost every household $95.00 this year. If farmers can't make it on their own, they should find different jobs. I thought conservatives were opposed to wasting tax dollars on bailouts, and welfare?
Trump caused the problem with his trade war, then claims to fix it with huge bailouts. SMH you conservatives are an odd bunch

@Carla Plus the extra costs all the other tariffs will/have caused to rise.

Food costs keep going up as it is, and the quality is getting worse and worse. Now even Ritz crackers and goldfish can poison us.

@Flrdsgns Food costs keep going up as it is, and the quality is getting worse and worse. Now even Ritz crackers and goldfish...

Milk producers. Another industry that is running small dairy farmers to ruin.
Hmmm...i wonder which is more difficult, inspecting small dairies or milk factories.
?????
Hmmm....i wonder how much it takes to turn an inspectors head.
?????

@Carla Milk producers. Another industry that is running small dairy farmers to ruin. Hmmm...i wonder which is more...

Inspectors???? Trump claims no regulations are needed, these responsible companies will regulate themselves. According to Trump and his followers, safety is always first and foremost over profit.

@Flrdsgns Inspectors???? Trump claims no regulations are needed, these responsible companies will regulate themselves...

Of course it is.
Mulling this over.....this 12 billion? Who is that really going too? Dole? Gerber? Or whichever others? So...huge tax cut, subsidies, bailout, write offs. What about the little guys who grow for the bigger farms? They wont gave contracts overseas, but the guys they sell to do. I wonder how that's gonna pan out. And then how do these smaller farms plan for next year?

Canadian milk producers?
Cuz I know nobody is paying the 270% Canadian tariff for USA milk in Canada.
USA dairy farmers I think will be OK.

@Carla How many dairy farmers do you know, bud?

How many farmers does it take to make a difference to you?

[Yes, I realize that my question is stupid and adds nothing to the conversation. Can you say the same?]

@Flrdsgns This welfare package for farmers will cost every household $95.00 this year. If farmers can't make it on their...

SMH - I find you to be
-short sighted
-ill tempered,
-unreasonable,
-have little understanding of what is going on

Tell me, why should the US accept the one way street when it comes to trade?

@Budwick SMH - I find you to be -short sighted -ill tempered, -unreasonable, -have little understanding of what is going...

Apparently, anyone who doesn't agree with you Bud is short sighted and ill tempered. I find your attitude to be unreasonable and it has been obvious for years, you have little understanding of what is going on.

If you are getting your trade information from Larry Kudlow, you obviously know very little about economics.

@Flrdsgns Apparently, anyone who doesn't agree with you Bud is short sighted and ill tempered. I find your attitude to be...

I know little about economics. I do know that one bad year can wipe out a generational farm. Farms that are already hanging by threads. I dont understand why so many of these struggling folks still are all in. Trump spoke of trade wars. Well...here they are:[!

@Carla I know little about economics. I do know that one bad year can wipe out a generational farm. Farms that are already...

I live in Ca, I know many of the farms between Bakersfield and Sacramento are several thousand acres in size. The small farmer with just a few acres must have a very tough time of it.

@Flrdsgns I live in Ca, I know many of the farms between Bakersfield and Sacramento are several thousand acres in size. The...

They do. I know an old dairy farmer that has just a few heffers left. He sells to a local milk company. There is such a glut on milk that he is barely making it. At least he treats his cows well. Cant much say that about many of them any more.

Good morning Flanders!
Hey, did you hear that the EU has responded to the tariff thingy that Trump and I have no understanding of and you know everything about? Well, it seems that the EU has agreed to being more fair in their trade and the tariff thingy may be avoided all together!

[Does it hurt when you step on your dick like that?]

You are right. I am also glad they are getting a bailout. I just wish you and the rest of the trumpettes would admit what a mess this president has gotten us into.

@VicZinc You are right. I am also glad they are getting a bailout. I just wish you and the rest of the trumpettes would...

Like a true lefty, you have managed to turn on a dime - without explanation.

The only mess is the nightmare you and the media paint on a daily basis. Reality is actually quite nice.

@Budwick Like a true lefty, you have managed to turn on a dime - without explanation. The only mess is the nightmare you...

Trade wars never work.
Tax cuts with deficit spending never work.
Using sarcasm on a conservative never works.

@VicZinc Trade wars never work. Tax cuts with deficit spending never work. Using sarcasm on a conservative never works.

I'm not fond of tariff's either.
I'm not fond of the ones other countries have on our stuff coming into their country either.
The difference may be that the end game is different with Trump. HE actually wants to make it better for both sides. He can get their attention with tariffs.

@VicZinc Oh he got their attention all right.

Well, good!
You and they both can learn that it's no longer business as usual. USA no longer take it up the backside for the benefit of other countries.

@VicZinc uh huh. Cut of our nose to spite our face. Got it.

I know Vic, the big bad USA is playing hard ball and not taking it on the chin anymore.

There ya go - another false reason to hate the USA.

Amirite wasn't around when all those good pals of the USA started putting tariffs on stuff we sent there. Were you bitching about that? Or, is it just the big bully USA - well, Trump more specifically?

@VicZinc 6 months ago you were bragging about how great the economy was doing under...

And the economy is STILL doing well.

You see Vic, conservatives are always looking to improve. Not looking for ways to control, regulate, or tax - but improve.

And, what do you know? The EU has agreed to work on making trade fair - so it looks like tariffs may be avoided with them.

It's called win - win. Making America Great Again!

@VicZinc You might be right. Hope so. Farmers are hoping too.

Of course I'm right!
Every economic indicator is green!
Everyone hopes it continues - well, except those that don't. You know like the democrats, media, those convinced of some conspiracy baloney , blah, blah - it's hard to keep all you haters straight.

@Budwick Of course I'm right! Every economic indicator is green! Everyone hopes it continues - well, except those that...

Why do you call people who engage in healthy debate "haters"?

Would you prefer only people that blindly follow and accept everything without question?

@Budwick If the pussy hat fits - wear it.

"If the pussy hat fits - wear it."
http://www.amirite.com/821503-w...e-just/2796633

The only clown repping a "pu$$y-hat" these days is Trump in Helsinki and that been Obama, conservatives would be screaming it louder than anyone. In fact, they were, after Obama's comments to Medvedev.

They're still crying about it!

dghghgfd

I hope this was a joke.They are very hard working.Without them you would starve.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree 0Reply

Leave them the hell alone...I'm almost out of tomatoes and cucumbers..