+14

The only emotions you feel are your own, so if you want to feel love, you've got to love

Just a thought.

Image for post The only emotions you feel are your own, so if you want to feel love, you've got to love
Mazes avatar Philosophy
10 23

Yes! It's not without risk, but it's the only way. a smilie

What jan said.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +7Reply

Well put.

Mashas avatar Masha Agree +7Reply

I don't know, if people on this site have noticed it, but I'm a relatively nice person.

Even today, I spent ten minutes chatting with a gentleman, who tried to convert me to Christianity. I knew I was pretty much wasting his time, but since he was so nice towards me, I didn't want to hurt his feelings in any manner. I just kept chatting and even though I probably came about as an total asshole, I was trying to make him feel important. I took the literature and his contact information. And still, it really didn't make that much difference to my own life, but perhaps the attention I gave to him made some sort of difference in his.

Things are, what they are.

@2796433

I must disagree. Happiness, sadness, anger, love, hate....
I believe we are born with those emotions and the lack of them is learned behavior or mental illness.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply

I'm not a very emotional guy until I've had too much beer, then I fall in love with everything that moves.

That reminds me of a great tune.

Love is a funny thing, so very fleeting.

That makes sense to me ;)

True..

You can't control if someone hates on you and that shouldn't make you sink to their level...no matter what.

@2810344

"The only emotions you feel are your own, so if you don't like hate speech, stop speaking hate.

"Do you see the nonsense there?"

Yes I do, that's a logically incongruent statement and I don't see how it's related to the premise I put forward.

@2810425

I'm not all that clear on what viewpoint you were trying to express.

I do agree though that the people who are most ready to condemn the "hate speech" of others seem to have no compunction about verbally expressing their own hatred.