-5

People who disagree with universal healthcare should not receive help from firefighters when their house catches on fire. Why should they accept services paid for by everyone else? It literally goes against their philosophy.

Mcflys avatar Politics
2 14

I would gladly pay for services I use when I use them. Now we pay for everyone else and they use the services and it is too expensive for us use them and we keep importing nonpaying people to pay for. It's just crazy that all we get out of it is the bills.

Property tax is already a thing, as is the income tax. So long as people are being extorted for being productive, they're entitled to the same basic services. imo

If a country is doing fine with money universal care is a great deal, you pay higher taxes but you dont have to sell your damn house to pay for treatment

People with universal healthcare should not be in house fires.
It may take 3 - 6 weeks to get a doctor appointment.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply

If my house burns, it will take the whole neighborhood with it, so the VOLUNTEER fire company HAS to respond. Why do you hate innocent neighbors and bystanders?

If it's "paid for by everyone else" ... why can't my friend afford to go to a doctor, now that the ACA is law?

lol, if its paid for they should use it regardless. in a free society it would all be privately funded (and no the world would not end, private industry generally does things better then government)

The government tries to potray themselves as all knowing, but that is hardly the case. Unless there was a new branch of government just for it, it would never happen. Everyone gets charged but those with insurance have insurance pay for it so it is kinda already happening.

The question makes no sense, unless I had the option of not being forced to pay into the service in question.

If I had the option of not paying in, then of course I wouldn't expect to use the service, if I had exercised that option.

@Thinkerbell The question makes no sense, unless I had the option of not being forced to pay into the service in question. If...

... and THAT is why they want a "single-payer" system. Tack it on to your taxes, same as paying for fire/police.

@Walt_OReagun ... and THAT is why they want a "single-payer" system. Tack it on to your taxes, same as paying for fire/police.

Sure, the more government control, the better, in certain liberal political quarters.

French govt spending (national, regional, local) amounts to 56.5% of GDP. There are those who would like to see US govt spending (federal, state, local) of 37.8% GDP rise to that level. That would "only" require American taxes to be raised 50% over what they are now.

https://tradingeconomics.com/co...pending-to-gdp