+5

I don't like Trump much, never did...nor do I HATE him with every breath I take. But I have no use for "friends" who have turned on me and HATE me because I do not hate a person as much, or as intensely, as they do.

Hate all you want. Let Trump consume you. It's your life. But do it without me. Just remember, He won't be president forever.

HELLOwithSMILEs avatar Friends & Socialising
3 20

That's crazy.. and a shame. I do not like President Trump at, but I would never disown a friend if he/she liked Trump, let alone not hate him enough. I believe all my sisters and brothers-in-law support Trump and what he is doing. I usually just stay out of any political talk at family get-togethers..

BTW. I still want President Trump to succeed on certain issues - like fair trade. I don't know if the President's approach will work, but to me our trade deficits are a measure of the wealth that's pouring out of this country.

@PhilboydStudge That's crazy.. and a shame. I do not like President Trump at, but I would never disown a friend if he/she liked...

There is a glimmer of hope with the EU trade.
Tariff's aren't supposed to be the end game.
FAIR TRADE is supposed to the result of the tariff's.

@2797171

trump didn't cause all this Hate
he exposed it...GREAT COMMENT!!

Because the anointed WOMAN lost.

I do know some people who seem to dislike our current president even more intensely than I do, but none who hate him with every breath they take, even with "poetic license", or let him consume their lives.

I also know people who have experienced rifts and alienation with friends and family members because of their very differing opinions of Trump and what he and his administration have done so far, with certain policies.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention my own personal feelings about the scenario you've presented, but I will anyway. I have never "turned on" on a friend, or hated them, simply because we disagreed about Trump or anyone else.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but I don't hate him. I mostly just despise the lies he tells. I've even vocally agreed with him at times when I thought he was right.

I don't hold political prerequisites for friendship. If a friend supports Trump, that's fine by me. I vehemently opposed the policies of the Obama admin, but I never lost friends who did. Two of them I've known since I was 17, why on earth would I compromise that for politics?

Where I draw a line is when someone claims I'm a Hillary / Obama loving liberal member of the resistance and supporter of the "deep state" just because I have policy differences. I'm allowed a differing opinion too.

I don't become brand new or suddenly treat friends like I just met them on the street 5 minutes ago and so long as they don't treat me that way, we'll remain friends. When someone treats me like they don't know me or I don't know myself, then we have a problem.

@2797039

Ummm, yeah. if you read carefully, and without the girly emotional impulsiveness, you will see that I never said you did. I never said anything about how "most" here feel. Only you would know that, I 'spose. I only said what I felt. I said I felt that they were better than me.
Pretty sensitive, aren't ya there Sparky? I wonder why? Are you paranoid, guilty, or just a persecution complex?
PLEASE LEARN TO READ.

@2797039

Neither do I, over whether or not they "like" or defend a president I find indefensible. I'd like to reply to your last "PM", but it seems you've prevented that option.

I'm sorry to hear how you have been treated over Trump. It does expose the true character of your "friends."
Trump wasn't my first choice but between him and HRC it was a no-brainer and
every day proves just how he was the better option. I shudder to think what she would have done to this country considering what she has already done.
He won't be president forever is how a lot of us endured the previous administration.

I agree. You don't have to like Trump or any other world leader, but some people dedicate every waking moment to hating Trump and complaining about everything he does. Even hating people who don't hate him, like your experience.
Being constantly full of negativity is not good for someone's mental health, it must be exhausting and depressing being offended 24/7.

Such people are total morons, complete utter degenerates. Crybabies who cant stand you if you dont have the opinion they want you to have.

I never knew some could hate SO MUCH. Thank God I found out.

Some people are just douchenozzles. :)

I'm sorry you don't care for Trump.
For the record, I DO like Trump and think he's doing a good job.

I understand your feelings about intense Trumps haters. I feel pretty much the same.

@Budwick I'm sorry you don't care for Trump. For the record, I DO like Trump and think he's doing a good job. I understand...

Sure he's doing a great job, and I gladly give him that. He's just not they type of guy that I would want to befriend or hang around with. That's what I mean, whereas Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter are more "likable" guys.

I can't believe that some who I called friend, who I would do anything for, fooled me into believing that they were different, that they didn't hate, that they saw some good in everyone, that they gave everyone a chance, that they were truly good, sensible, and tolerant people...better than I... would hate so intensely and behave this way toward a man just because he beat their gal. How could I have been so wrong?

@HELLOwithSMILE Sure he's doing a great job, and I gladly give him that. He's just not they type of guy that I would want to...

Well, I didn't vote for him in the hope he would become my friend either.

Lot's of people have been taken in by the media constant harping on Trump. That's the plan. It's not working overall, but that's the plan.