Being so exhausted you can barely walk straight or speak properly, but still you don't fall asleep is one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever felt. Do you know someone with insomnia?

It just messes with my brain.

Image for post //Being so exhausted you can barely walk straight or speak properly, but still you don't fall asleep is one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever felt.// Do you know someone with insomnia?
Sofias avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
9 12

I'm one of the lucky ones. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. But my husband is just the opposite. He never gets a good night's sleep. I don't know how he functions, but he does.

So sorry Sofia, insomnia is frustrating. I hope you are able to sleep soon.

@Flrdsgns So sorry Sofia, insomnia is frustrating. I hope you are able to sleep soon.

I will sleep eventually. It will be bit and pieces here and there, then I'll have a day with nothing to do and I'll just rest. Last time it got bad, I barely slept 10 hours in two weeks then I had one afternoon and evening free and I slept 15 hours.

Yes.
Sleeplessness is too common for me.
I would give you suggestions, but few have worked, sooo....best thing to tell you is get some aerobic excersize, and stay off the computer at least a couple of hours before you lay down.

@Carla Yes. Sleeplessness is too common for me. I would give you suggestions, but few have worked, sooo....best thing to...

That's the thing - I tried that. Doesn't always work. I don't know about aerobics, but my work is my exercise. And then, even when I don't touch my laptop, it can get me hours to fall asleep.

@Sofia That's the thing - I tried that. Doesn't always work. I don't know about aerobics, but my work is my exercise. And...

If your working hours have changed or are always changing, that can be an issue. Your location, too.
I think you are on your feet during your working hours. That really isnt aerobic. Your heart needs to pump and you need to breath hard:/
You're young....you will fall into a routine. In the mean time...5hour energy!

I've rarely experienced it myself, and am very grateful for that. It has to be beyond frustrating, and I feel for those who suffer with it.

Yes, I know and have known some people who have bouts with being unable to sleep.

I usually fall asleep good.

Once in a while I'll have a night like that.
When it does happen, I've learned not to start working myself up and getting angry.

I try to stay calm and just tell myself..."I might not be able to sleep but I can still rest"..

Then I just try to keep thinking good thoughts.
I might not get but an hour or two of sleep but I feel a lot better than if I would've tossed and turned all the time and feeling angry all night.

Like I said...the majority of the time I sleep good.
Doing that helps me...I don't know if it would help someone with insomnia.

That sounds horrible. :(

As far as I'm aware, I don't know of anyone else who has to deal with insomnia (at least among the people that I know closely enough).

I usually take long to sleep, but it's just due to too much on my head. And I always feel tired and yawning during the day. However, I always manage to sleep every night (although sometimes the sleep feels really agitated and I don't feel like I slept very well).

Anonymous