Have you ever been cloned on a social media web site? Some say the person doing the cloning is obsessed with another person. Some say they are out to ruin a person's reputation. Some say it's a form of flattery that they like that person so much they want to be him/her. Well I have been cloned 4 times on different web sites. I have a pretty good idea who is doing it, someone that I have blocked here on Amirite, who can't stand the though of being blocked....but I won't mention any names....sh....sh....sh....sh. The mods on the various sites have been very quick to deactivate the fake account, and the low life will be caught, and prosecuted. The last clone is on a web site that I had never heard of before, even used one of my avatars. lol At least he picked a good one. lol

To the obsessed person who would stoop so low as to clone another person for whatever reason, you need to get a life. You must be a very bitter, unhappy person with nothing good going on in your life. Low self esteem, no integrity, raised under a rock, and full of hate. We're all laughing at you.....

Image for post Have you ever been cloned on a social media web site?   Some say the person doing the cloning is obsessed with another person.   Some say they are out to ruin a person's reputation.   Some say it's a form of flattery that they like that person so much they want to be him/her.   Well I have been cloned 4 times on different web sites.  I have a pretty good idea who is doing it, someone that I have blocked here on Amirite, who can't stand the though of being blocked....but I won't mention any names....sh....sh....sh....sh.  The mods on the various sites have been very quick to deactivate the fake account, and the low life will be caught, and prosecuted.     The last clone is on a web site that I had never heard of before, even used one of my avatars.   lol   At least he picked a good one.   lol
StarzAboves avatar Technology
5 43

Not to my knowledge, no. I can think of no other reason for someone to create an impostor account on the internet, aside from malicious and petty vindictive intent. That has been evident on this site several times, and happened on SH as well. It's pretty easy to recognize them, usually, but not so much when it's on a different site one is new to.

I'm not up on all the actual "criminal" aspects of creating an impostor account on the internet, though. I do know there can be criminal charges, in certain cases.

@Piper2 Not to my knowledge, no. I can think of no other reason for someone to create an impostor account on the...

A person doing the cloning is very petty, very vindictive and is holding a grudge that I'm not even aware of.

Fortunately the mods on various sites have stepped up to the plate and have cooperated by deactivating the cloned accounts. And they will catch whoever is doing it. I have noticed one person on all of the sites that I have been cloned on, was there and then deactivated. The plot thickens.

According to a lawyer, criminal charges can be brought against those individuals.

We deal with some very vicious people on the web, some who have told us how respectable they are, have great jobs, are buying land in a foreign country, but continue to be on this site most of the day, and cause trouble for others. They need to get their life together, stop lying and move on.

@StarzAbove A person doing the cloning is very petty, very vindictive and is holding a grudge that I'm not even aware of...

Yeah, I found that out when I first started spending some non-work related time on the internet...that people can quite vicious behind their keyboards.

Those who accuse others of obsessive "hatred", should surely look in the mirror of their own.

I've been checking into what the law says about cyberbullying, harassment, cloning, stalking and if things don't improve, law enforcement will be called in. If he knows what's good for him, he needs to deactivate that fake account off of Choozler or else.

It's a shame people have to lie about which sites they have or have not been on. When all one has to do is go to that site and do a search. Two that I know of are there or have been and yet saying they aren't. Why would they lie about it?

Nope and never saw it done until I came here and heard of it being done to others. It's totally uncool.

@SynysterSissy Nope and never saw it done until I came here and heard of it being done to others. It's totally uncool.

It's a cowards way of hiding behind their computer bullying me and others. Most sites won't allow two accounts using the same name.

As far as avatars go, I guess anyone can use whatever avatar they want. I guess there's no patents on anything....but I'm sure others wouldn't want their name or avatars used.

@2797940

I know, and I'm still standing. lol They are just showing how ignorant and foolish they really are. And others on this site are taking note as well. They know who the troublemakers are too.

@2797945

That's what I intend to do. They can play their silly games, bully me, but they will pay the price when they are caught. And they WILL be caught.

Only a coward would stoop so low. And that's what he is....

@2797952

You nailed it. On one site that I had never heard of about 5 of my Sodahead friends noticed I was being cloned and they got it removed before I even knew about it.

On SW, I talked to the head moderator and he deactivated the fake account, and took care of that problem ASAP.

And now on the latest site, at least 4 of my friends are aware of what has happened, in fact two put up posts about it, so they are watching my back as well.

It's good to have great friends, and I'm so glad you're one of them.
hug smiliehug smilie

@2797963

lol You're a good ass kicker, especially to the bullies that are always making snide cracks about other people.

Hopefully the bullies got tired of their accusations.... and gave up. How foolish they are....if they could just see and hear what the rest of us are saying. lol Geez. Not cool.

An ex-Amirite and good friend of mine was cloning someone, or so I was told, never shown any evidence of it, but she/he's gone and evidently She/he is on the FBI cyberbullying watch list. So it can be done. And if that's what I have to do to get this stopped, then that's what I will do. I've already talked to a lawyer, and from what's been happening with all these kids being cyberbullied and then commiting suicide, they take that form of activity very seriously.

@2797946

Exactly. I wonder how they would react if me, you, or another person cloned the very one that was doing the cloning? lol I'm sure there would be a lot of whining and reporting going on. lol Maybe that's what someone needs to do. Ummmm, sounds like a plan. lol

@2797958

If someone ever stalked someone's home, they would definitely get a bullet in their rear end. And a shotgun doesn't miss. lol

Yes, the thinking people on this site know who the troublemakers are and how petty and immature they are.

It was nice and quiet when some were suspended, but once they came back, trouble started in again.

@2798166

They have no friends, so that's why they come on a web site to bully others who do have friends.

And I see the same accusations are still floating around about an ex-Amirite Guess they must be very frustrated since they can't get that person removed. Guess they can't stand to lose. But losers always lose.

@2798009

You're being cloned on FB? I don't have a FB acct. either.

@2798012

Were they using your real name? Or Diego?

@2798014

Oh, OK, I didn't know that. I hope they caught whoever was doing that. Takes a small and petty person to steal someone's name or identity. Bummer.

@2798021

I agree. I guess some people think it's fun to cause trouble for others. I think it's stupid and immature.

@2798014

Nooooooo... Can't be! Not even Maradona has ever been a Diego, he's actual name is Peter.

@2798155

Whatever spider pig does, when he's on LSD. I just always figured out, your actual name was Diego, as it would be logical, but Starz doesn't always go for logic.

As an artist, getting cloned is rather a worry of mine as well. There are a lot of petty art thieves out there, some with pure ignorance of the fact they're stealing artwork. Fan art is fine, but i'd like to know about artwork people draw/make of any of my characters.

It's expensive to trademark names and you can't trademark a given name that's in popular use (you probably can trademark your full name, i'm not sure, or you can put a restriction on certain names), and copyrighting is tricky because my artwork is made by another person, but I own the characters. So would i have to include both me and the artist(s)? Probably. Not to say though that all countries share the same copyright laws. I mean I've pirated movies and video games, which is tricky in itself, especially if caught by your ISP, the IP holder, or government.

Stealing identity is another matter. I'm on various websites, and know which ones I use. I can only hope that people recognise the imposter. I mean, I have a very recogniseable way of writing and speaking, especially looks. But, that doesn't mean someone can't be clever about it. Stealing identity is probably the most heinous things someone can do to another on the internet. It's one thing to be a keyboard warrior, or keyboard brutus in this case, but cloning or identity theft. I'm sure you could sue whoever's doing it. (At least in the US you'd probably win heh. )

@Tanor_Faux As an artist, getting cloned is rather a worry of mine as well. There are a lot of petty art thieves out there...

That would be a worry, it would affect your lively hood.
We deal with some very disgusting criminals in our world, who will steal anything. Even something trivial on a social web site.

Identity fraud is a very serious crime, one that the FBI takes very seriously. One Amirite was caught doing that, and the people that caught her are probably the very ones that are cloning other people on this site and other sites. Just an opinion, of course.

I was cloned in a broom closet by a mad Hungarian scientist.

They are keeping my body double in a cryogenic freezer, just in case. Apparently he's called Hugo, after the 1989 hurricane.

@ZonkeyBalls I was cloned in a broom closet by a mad Hungarian scientist. They are keeping my body double in a cryogenic...

I am actually a young clone of the master of the arts Keanu Reeves, as is my name Keano. Apparently, he didn't keep his hands clean in Lebanon, where my father was born, as wase' Keanu. Spritual surrogates, I mean Jehovallah the Anti-Baphomet impregnated a woman without touching her or her knowing, so yanno.

If I am...I wouldn't know about it, this is the only site I use.

@DandyDon If I am...I wouldn't know about it, this is the only site I use.

Same with me, but two of my friends told me I was being cloned on two different sites. Those petty people need to get a life, because the one they have must be pretty miserable. If they get their jollies causing trouble for others, they can't be very happy. Pathetic.

@StarzAbove Same with me, but two of my friends told me I was being cloned on two different sites. Those petty people need to...

It sounds pathetic to me.

I don't know how any normal person can occupy their valuable time doing petty things like that..

I learned that holding grudges are nothing but a waste of time... when I was a kid.

@DandyDon It sounds pathetic to me. I don't know how any normal person can occupy their valuable time doing petty things...

It's very pathetic, and they claim to be an adult. lol I laugh at that, not even kids would hold a grudge that long. And you're right, holding a grudge is like a cancer, it eats away at a person until they do very foolish things....like what is happening now. It's foolish and petty and evil. But Karma will step in sooner or later.