Do you have a copyright on your fake name and fake avatar?

how can someone be prosecuted for reusing an already fake name and profile pic? What's the law? lol lol I have used my internet name on sites and was turned away because it was already taken. I used something else or a number. i didnt call the cops. lol lol

Image for post Do you have a copyright on your fake name and fake avatar?
0% Yes, and if someone clones me, they are in big trouble with copyright violation. 50% No, if someone uses a fictitious name and avatar before I do, it's just tough titty. 50% Other
ChetB71379s avatar Law
1 17

My name and my avatar are actually me, so anyone who decides to take that is actually committing identity fraud. Instead of being about gaining money though, it's about ruining my reputation. Speaking as if they're me, pretending to be me, and I'm pretty sure that's a crime somehow.

@Sofia My name and my avatar are actually me, so anyone who decides to take that is actually committing identity fraud...

So I can sue yahoo and for every person who uses mny name. How many are named Sofia in the world, or Bob? with dark hair?

ChetB71379s avatar ChetB71379 No, if someone uses a fictitious name and... -1Reply
@ChetB71379 So I can sue yahoo and for every person who uses mny name. How many are named Sofia in the world, or Bob? with...

There is a post speaking of cloning identity made by a member that goes under that name here, where that member specifically also spoke of prosecution, like you did on your explanation. If you're really not directing this to what that member said, then that's quite a spectacularly timed coincidence.

I said I'm pretty sure using my picture (not something similar, but my picture), under my name, and (I repeat, and) pretending to be me, claiming to be me, is a crime somehow. How does that turns into "suing anyone with the same name or with similar hair colour"?

No, I don't. I know that "Piper" is not a name exclusive to me, but it's definitely not any kind of fake. My avatars have always been something I chose with thought, when they weren't an actual picture of me or one of the non-human animals I've loved and shared my home with.

If someone used those avatars I've chosen, along with my user name? They would be definitely be doing it for no other reason than a vindictive and petty one. The chances of anyone using both with any other intent, are slim to none.

Use some common sense. No one owns an avatar or a name but if you are posting something that others easily recognize it to be someone else then don't do it. It's lame and is stirring a pot.

I don't do fake. What you see is what you get.

@JerryHendrickson I don't do fake. What you see is what you get.

I believe my name is Marko Kettunen. Don't know that much about much else. Perhaps I'm Elizabeth Taylor, after having a bad break in the rehab.

@2797919

who are you to tell anyone what they can post? i did not see ur name on the mod list.

@2797931

I do not like song post. U are ordered to stop!

I think stealing is using the photo of a movie star or a celebrity as your avatar. Some of the very people crying about their fake name and fake pic being stolen do this. Use celebrity photos without the celeb's permission. lol Hypocrites much?

@2798080

No, you are Marky Mark.

You just have had a bad mental breakdown. Probably due to the most recent space goat attacks.

My name is Chester Badowsky. I am from Poland. On yahoo that name was taken. So I tried Chet Badowsky. Also taken. The ChetB. Taken. So now I have ChetB with my birthday. Works for me! Dont call the police!

Gouing to sleep. Goodnight.