If we Had the Ability to Provide Health Care for Everyone Should we do it?

Forget about how. If we had the ability to do it, with as good or better results, should we do it?

61% do it 13% no way 9% I plead the 5th 17% Other
urwutuiss avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
3 34

Yes, that would be great!

Haven't hurt us that much over here. Everybody is socially secured by the state.

@2798196

You are certainly an angry woman. Seem to be envious/hatefilled of people who have money.
You need to check on the trump administration. They are all loaded.
Alt right conservatism is filled with hypocrisy and malevolence. Is THAT a disorder?

@2798636

You shouldnt be offended. I assumed nothing. You have spoken of being a mother, of your girlfriends and you on a beach vacation, ive seen your photo on a beach.
If you now are a cat, i understand. I always thought there was a pussy, ranting and raging behind your screen.

@2798191

You don't like the question because it reveals the truth about RW ideology. I'm more than willing to discuss how
You RW snowflakes will spend every dollar on war and give money to people who don't need it and do zero to help the working class, consumers or the economy. Your head is so far up your "free market fixes all" ass you can't see universal care would actually save the country billions.
But bombing the shit out of the Middle East is better than health care and college, right? That's the smart way to spend tax money.

You actually think Trump is somehow different?
He's working for the same people you servatives keep giving more power to.
De-regulate, trickle down
How do they sell you on this tripe year after year. Are you blind?

Tolerant of all?
Where do you guys get this shit?
The same place you get the open borders fantasy?
How come you guys aren't talking about the debt or the deficit any more?

As long as you keep buying the perpetual war agenda. So you can feel safe.We can always afford that.
We sure wouldn't want to spend tax dollars on Americans in America.
We should give it all to the military because they only had ten trillion in undocumented expenses.

How can you abide this garbage?
If you jokers get any dumber you'll have to be watered twice a week.

@2798635

What?
You just went off, again, addressed nothing that urwutuis replied, and really said nothing of substance.
Carrying on about msm, a-listers and sports stars.
You speak of court jesters....open your eyes gronk, dear. Y'all put the head jester in the kings chair.

@2798635

Tribal bullshit
You're afraid to answer the question.

@urwutuis You don't like the question because it reveals the truth about RW ideology. I'm more than willing to discuss how ...

You're an idiot. Completely. Just as you think I'm an idiot, I sure do think you're one. People thinking exactly the opposite.What a fucking idiot.

@2798191

Like most thinking human beings, political parties can evolve.....Like the democratic party.
Or devolve....like the republican party.

@2798191

Actually, as a liberal, I think that anyone who doesn't have health insurance or the cash to pay up front for any medical treatment, should not be treated at all. Doctors didn't go to school for 8+ years to work on poor people for free.

No.

Only government could do such a thing.

Government should not be involved in the provision of healthcare - period.

@urwutuis Why not - question mark? Do you want to get rid of the FDA?

Because government doesn't do anything very well.
And I prefer my healthcare well done.

@Budwick Because government doesn't do anything very well. And I prefer my healthcare well done.

I don't know. They used to be pretty good with water, drug testing, beef inspection, communication till Clinton.

You think insurance companies are better?

Single payer would save between 2 and 17 trillion over a decade

@urwutuis I don't know. They used to be pretty good with water, drug testing, beef inspection, communication till...

I'm not convinced that single payer - government controlled healthcare would save a nickel over any length of time. I mean, when has government managed to control costs on anything?

I am convinced that government has enough to do providing for national defense - the one big thing they are constitutionally required to do. And they fight over whether to shrink our defenses down to 1950's levels.

No, bureaucrats should have NOTHING to do in health care decisions, life, death, whether surgery is the right thing, or maybe provide end of life counseling. They have managed to politicize who we have for friends! Sports is politicized! The news is a political activist group with advertising! Those same people will supervise whether my gall bladder is removed? No thanks.

@Budwick I'm not convinced that single payer - government controlled healthcare would save a nickel over any length of...

Even the Koch bros. think tank accountants concluded it would save trillions.
The govt wouldn't make health care decisions any more than insurance does and probably less.
The US is the only country where it's illegal for govt to negotiate drug prices except for the VA.

National defense budget should be cut. It's the most wasteful and destructive organization on the planet.
Since 1998 they have 21 trillion in undocumented expeses. 21 Trillion?

@urwutuis Even the Koch bros. think tank accountants concluded it would save trillions. The govt wouldn't make health care...

Of course they will and do make decisions!

Deny coverage for something? Decision made - you will die.

Make it stupid expensive? Decision made - you will suffer.

You and the Koch brothers could swear that the Sun won't rise tomorrow. I KNOW from extensive experience that it will.

Government cares so little about spending money, they recently (under Obama's rule) decided to not even have a budget!

National defense is supposed to be destructive. It's kind of their job description. "Kill people, break things." - That's what they do.

@Flrdsgns Government has always been involved in healthcare. Remember the Hill/Burton bill?

No, I didn't.

IN 1946 looks like Congress passed the Hospital Survey and Construction Act which provided federal grants and guaranteed loans to improve the physical plant of the nation’s hospital system.

Part of the deal was that facilities that received funding were also required to provide a ‘reasonable volume’ of free care each year for those residents in the facility’s area who needed care but could not afford to pay.

Naturally, after awhile groups of people thought free healthcare was reasonable for them and complained when they couldn't get it - and we were off to the races.

1946 to present is hardly 'always'. It was democrats that decided to give away the farm back then too.

@2799734

we double it first.