+7

I think both, amirite?

Image for post I think both, amirite?
Mcflys avatar Politics
1 23
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2798185

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet started a charity where billionaires give 1/2 their wealth to charity. So far over a hundred billionaires have pledged at least 1/2 their money. Of course Trump isn't one of them.

@2798199

Spin it any way you want, but some people actually care about others and care about the world, and some don't

@2798637

Gates, Buffet, Sara Blakely and the other billionaires aren't forking over their money to the government, they can be much more effective themselves.
You really seem to have a problem with people with money, or with people who care about others. Why are you always so angry?

@Flrdsgns Gates, Buffet, Sara Blakely and the other billionaires aren't forking over their money to the government, they can...

You wrote - they 'aren't forking over their money to the government, they can be much more effective themselves.'

That's pretty smart! That's how I prefer to be charitable too.

I think it's hilarious to compare democrats to Jesus.

When Jesus returns, politics will be the last thing on your mind. [Of course Christians know that. For some reason, democrats don't.]

People of His day thought he would be a terrific king. After seeing Jesus’ miracles and his skillful leadership in managing the crowds and caring for their needs, the people figure that Jesus would be a perfect king. They were pretty desperate for an effective leader, the ruler where they lived was horribly oppressive.

So, they tried to pressure Jesus to get involved in local politics. The Bible tells us about His reaction;

'When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.' (John 6:15)

Jesus' Kingdom is not of this world.

He would be called an alt-right nazi and a white supremacist for condemning religious based violence and racism.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet He would be called an alt-right nazi and a white supremacist for condemning religious based violence and racism.

Wow... just wow. Alt-right nazism and white supremacy do not condemn religious based violence and racism - their entire ideology is racist from the get-go. They only care about racism and religious based violence when it targets them. When it targets others of a different colour or different religion, they couldn't care less. They are as selfish and narcissistic as you can go.

So, no, Jesus, someone who is well known for being "love your neighbour" and "treat others as you would like to be treated" would never be called such thing. With his behaviour, he would most likely be called a tree-hugging hipster or snowflake by the alt-right nazi and white supremacists.

@Sofia Wow... just wow. Alt-right nazism and white supremacy do not condemn religious based violence and racism - their...

Wow did I ever hit a nerve hahaha... I was talking about how the left labels anyone who condemns Islamic terrorism, and doesn't hate white people, as an alt-right nazi.

Funny how you take the left's "love and tolerance" and call it what it is, and they flip out.

He would condemn ALL hatred, even if it's coming from the left under the guise of "social justice".

Also for the record, I'm an atheist.

@Thedudeyouhatetomeet Wow did I ever hit a nerve hahaha... I was talking about how the left labels anyone who condemns Islamic terrorism...

I don't support lies or twisting of reality, and I'm inclined to correct such attempts if I'm informed of the topic. If that's you hitting a nerve, so be it.

Yes, I knew what you were saying. And it's still false. The "left" does not labels anyone who condemns Islamic terrorism, and doesn't hate white people, as an alt-right nazi. The extreme left is what you're talking about and they are not the majority.

"He would condemn ALL hatred, even if it's coming from the left under the guise of "social justice"." - which part of my comment made you think I'm not aware that Jesus wouldn't commend hate? Read the second paragraph again if you're unsure.

Apparently you think I'm taking sides here, so I'll correct the misunderstanding: I think the two party system will destroy the USA way before any other enemy. I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative. I'm quite against people who put party above everything else, and that hate the other party more than they respect other citizens' well being. I couldn't give less of a shit about which party people belong to. That's not why I replied.

Not sure what's the relevance of your religious views to what I said, but good for you, I guess.

I think none of the extremes would support him actually, as Jesus' points tended to be reasonable. The extremes abhor any common sense.

I've had a similar talk with my mum once - we agreed that if Jesus indeed appeared now, he would either be killed or interned in a Psychiatric hospital. I think the only people even slightly inclined to accept him would be people who don't put party and religion over other's well beings.

This song was made in New York City
Of rich man and preachers, and slaves
If Jesus was to preach like He preached in Galillee
They would lay Jesus Christ in His grave
-Woody Guthrie (lyrics to "Jesus Christ")

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +3Reply

A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2

no because Jesus would run on a libertarian platform of choice, not forced theft

also funny how liberals bash God, bash Christianity, (doing the very things they call bigotry when people do against LGTB or muslims). but will use jesus (in ways that go against biblical teachings) to push their agenda