+3

Vaporwave is the opposite of Nightcore.

Nateboy123s avatar Music
0 10

I don't listen to new music much. Please explain this in a way a geezer like myself might understand.

@VicZinc I don't listen to new music much. Please explain this in a way a geezer like myself might understand.

Vaporwave: A music genre that takes songs and slows them down drastically using a computer program, and looping a certain part. The song may or may not have filters placed on it as well.

Nightcore: characterized by a sped-up melody (sometimes), fast rhythmic beat (usually), and ALWAYS higher than normal pitch.

I know what nightcore is, but I'd never heard of vaporwave. It doesn't sound like it'd be good to me.

Vaporwave is watered down Chopped and Screwed music for white people. Y'all always taking credit for things black people made.

Nightcore is a cornball genre that used to be called "Chipmunking" back when the first Chipmunk movie came out, but y'all weren't there for the early days of youtube.

All that aside, I would say culturally they're very similar, so I wouldn't call them opposites. Sonically they're pretty opposing, but they're still so similar I'd be more inclined to call them complements than opposites.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Disagree -1Reply
Anonymous