What do you do to unwind after a long day?

Image for post What do you do to unwind after a long day?
primeiros avatar Life
9 39
@2801155

But you are reading ancient Greek? I find that very uncomfortable.

@2801188

I learned that language by playing Prince of Persia.

I sit with my pups and get a little high

Feet up.Planet Rock on loud.Surf my forums.

Play video games and listen to music.

@Tanor_Faux Play video games and listen to music.

I'm having a bit of trouble with the video games part of that sentence, since I have pretty much one of the cheapest laptops available, but hey... I still fave both Fallout and Fallout 2 - plus the wonderful new game from the old folks, Thimbleweed Park, which I totally recommend for any of the LucasArts fans.

@ZonkeyBalls I'm having a bit of trouble with the video games part of that sentence, since I have pretty much one of the...

I have most of my game consoles like my PS2, Ps3, and Ps4 as well as my GameCube, and my trusty gaming PC. :P

If you want cheapo laptops that play nothing, get an Asus F502CA. I can't even play Vice City right lol.

@Tanor_Faux I have most of my game consoles like my PS2, Ps3, and Ps4 as well as my GameCube, and my trusty gaming PC. :P If...

I have an ASUS, but I went for the energy saving rather than playing capability, since I was just very, very under the budget and... Yeah... 4/6 TDP.

@ZonkeyBalls I have an ASUS, but I went for the energy saving rather than playing capability, since I was just very, very under...

Well old games like GTA 3 and VC are expected to run weird on high end PCs, and such. But, can't rule out bad ports.

Saints Row 2 on my laptop, runs a bit fast, and I can't have it on anything higher than the lowest graphical setting.

I'll have to bring up the specs later.

@Tanor_Faux Well old games like GTA 3 and VC are expected to run weird on high end PCs, and such. But, can't rule out bad...

This is a bloody Celeron with the boost option, so... It's rather low end. But GTA III runs pretty decently, it's the new Intel integrated (copied AMD's philosophy) 500-series chips that are surprisingly decent for the older games.

@Tanor_Faux Ah ha, here it is:...

The price levels are quite a bit higher over here, because shipping stuff to Finland takes quite a lot more effort. I'm completely out-gunned here. It's the location, location, location - same that goes with the restaurants.

@ZonkeyBalls The price levels are quite a bit higher over here, because shipping stuff to Finland takes quite a lot more effort...

Don't I know it. Living out here in Italy, you'd expect it to be easy to ship, but no. Taxes on exports and imports kill me. Not as bad as I hear it is in Brazil and Australia though, they are EXPENSIVE when it comes to video games, as with anything else.

@Tanor_Faux Don't I know it. Living out here in Italy, you'd expect it to be easy to ship, but no. Taxes on exports and imports...

Well, the only good part of living in Finland is that we have a straight shipping route to Germany, which is pretty much the central hub, when it comes to electronics and stuff like games. Also, GOG (Good Old Games) - you should check it out, if you're interested in stuff and other stuff...

@ZonkeyBalls Well, the only good part of living in Finland is that we have a straight shipping route to Germany, which is pretty...

GOG is great! I've checked them out before. Lots of good games like RollerCoaster Tycoon, and such. I gotta figure out DOS Box though, lots of good 90s PC games, but can only play through that on Windows 7 and above.

@Tanor_Faux GOG is great! I've checked them out before. Lots of good games like RollerCoaster Tycoon, and such. I gotta figure...

Yeah, I have got a lot of games - such as the said first two Fallouts - from them. I found it funny in early 2000's, when I had a copy of Indy Car Racing (I guess it was about 1989 game), and they hadn't made any modificatons to it. It ran nicely, about a thousand times too fast.

And since this runs GTA III just fine, I wouldn't be amazed, if Vice City couldn't get done as well.

@BlindMist Read

I'd recommend "5027 Ways To Make Thor Angry". Worked for me.

@ZonkeyBalls He's pretty kind. Unlike Loki.

Ehh. I'm sure even the nicest person on earth would go a little bit crazy if someone employed 5027 ways to make them angry.

But I'll take your word for it, since you're (probably) still alive.

Loki is the real victim. Poor misunderstood trickster god. (says the internet)

@BlindMist Ehh. I'm sure even the nicest person on earth would go a little bit crazy if someone employed 5027 ways to make...

No loves for me, love. Fair enough. I'm a stupid trickster myself (except when it comes to military stuff and aliens and well... Weird stuff.)

Play with the pups, pull a weed or two, whittle, have a cup of coffee with Mrs. Budwick in the backyard - lots of choices.

Stay in bed, listening to music and reading. Other times I write stuff, come here or see Series or a movie.

Cup of coffee and a guitar..

Starbucks 🌟

Anonymous