+5

Dear NFL, Screw You And Your Race Baiting Protests.

I am emotionally spent defending my country, my flag, my anthem, and law enforcement from spoiled brat NFL millionaires.

These ass wipes had the whole off season to spend their time making a difference in their communities. Hosting events to promote their cause. Putting a little effort into the crap they say they care so much about.

But instead, they take the easy cheap ass road, use their employers stage, the teams fame to disrespect the country not to mention the fans that made them rich and famous.

NFL ownership are a bunch of pussies too. Fire their lazy asses if they refuse to follow the rules. See if they can find another opportunity offering that kind of money. [The french fry station doen's pay that well - even after the minimum wage hike]

Image for post Dear NFL, Screw You And Your Race Baiting Protests.
Budwicks avatar Jokes & Humour
4 61

Budwick, they are protesting peacefully and have been doing so for over two years.

@dru18 Budwick, they are protesting peacefully and have been doing so for over two years.

Correction - They are disrespecting America and have been doing so for over two years.

@Budwick Correction - They are disrespecting America and have been doing so for over two years.

No, they are not disrespecting America. Disrespecting America would be burning the flag or letting it touch the ground (which everyone seems to do nowadays). That is what I was taught when I was little. You also couldn't wear the flag, another thing people do today.

Kneeling is a way of peacefully protesting police brutality towards young African-American males.

People fought in wars for these very freedoms.

@Budwick Dru, I'm flipping you ,my middle finger,... Out of respect and honor!

Well I wouldn't expect anything higher class from you.

You honestly equate the middle finger with kneeling?

@Budwick No, it's more like dropping my pants and bending over.

Once again, you equate showing your ass to kneeling? Hmm....interesting.

@Budwick You equate yourself to the National Anthem?

Nice attempt at a comeback but that doesn't even make sense.

@dru18 Nice attempt at a comeback but that doesn't even make sense.

I know Dru.
Metaphors can be really, really hard.

@Budwick I know Dru. Metaphors can be really, really hard.

A metaphor has to at least relevant to what we were discussing. Yours wasn't.

And in that two years, dru, about 18% of their viewers have peacefully stopped watching their games.

http://www.amirite.com/821893-d...otests/2801632

@Thinkerbell And in that two years, dru, about 18% of their viewers have peacefully stopped watching their...

And that is up to those viewers, just as it is up to the guys who kneel. It's called freedom, Thinkerbell.

@dru18 And that is up to those viewers, just as it is up to the guys who kneel. It's called freedom, Thinkerbell.

Yep, and if the team owners who pay their salaries find that their kneeling is costing the franchise too much money, they can refuse to renew the kneelers' contracts, or impose other sanctions.

It's called business, dru, not to be confused (as you have) with freedom from government interference with expression of opinion.

@Thinkerbell Yep, and if the team owners who pay their salaries find that their kneeling is costing the franchise too much...

It's still called freedom, not to mention free speech, Thinkerbell, not to be confused with Trump's low mentality on either topic.

@2802338

LOL! Of course you would be presenting an example concerning those who follow Trump. You're pathetic.

Sorry, most employee/employer interactions don't have the president of the United States weighing in.

@dru18 It's still called freedom, not to mention free speech, Thinkerbell, not to be confused with Trump's low mentality...

The two Cheesecake Factory employees who were quite properly fired for disparaging a customer about his MAGA hat learned the hard way that your definition of "freedom" of expression does not apply when it is subject to a condition of employment.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2018...sparaged-maga/

@Thinkerbell The two Cheesecake Factory employees who were quite properly fired for disparaging a customer about his MAGA hat...

Of course you cited an example of two Trump supporters.

Sorry but employee/employer relationships usually don't have the president of the United States weighing in.

@dru18 Of course you cited an example of two Trump supporters. Sorry but employee/employer relationships usually don't...

You got it wrong, as usual, dru. biggrin smilie

The two fired employees were anti-Trump. There was one customer who was wearing the MAGA hat. Most likely, you didn't bother to read the news report or listen to the clip.

And what does a president weighing in on employer/employee relations have to do with anything? That suddenly determines what the employee's "freedoms" on the job are, even when the kneeling controversy preceded the president taking office?
One of your typical muddle-headed non-sequiturs, dru.

@Thinkerbell You got it wrong, as usual, dru. The two fired employees were anti-Trump. There was one...

No, I wasn't wrong.

Have you ever known a president to put his thumb on the scale when it came to private ownership of the NFL teams?

Every time this president gets nearer to the flame he pulls out the kneeling player card. It's amazing how you fall for it.

@dru18 No, I wasn't wrong. Have you ever known a president to put his thumb on the scale when it came to private...

You were wrong on each point, as I explicitly showed, but you characteristically dodged both of them, with yet another non-sequitur. biggrin smilie
Not the NFL, but yes, I can think of a famous case of a president putting his thumb on the scale of private ownership, including also the workers' union of the industry in question. But of course, you probably won't watch/listen/comprehend or comment on the clip, as per your usual practice.

@2801974

Yep, there are about 15 reasons why viewership is down, according to this poll.
And guess which reason was by far the largest in 2017?
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/...174235780.html

So...you are emotionally spent from "defending your country" from a few NFL players who choose to take a knee during the national anthem?

I keep seeing and hearing liberals and "progressives" being accused of Trump Derangement or Anxiety Disorder Syndrome, yet many...most of their concerns are about issues FAR more important than what some football players choose to do before a game.
Perhaps a cup of chamomile tea would help with your emotional distress....

@Budwick Clever girl! Go get your cookie from Uncle Vic!

I'm certainly clever enough to discern the difference between issues that justifiably cause emotional distress for people, and feeling so incensed about some NFL players not standing during the national anthem.

That's really pretty lame, Budwick...the cookie from "Uncle Vic" thing. I do realize how much you dislike those who dare to voice views you don't personally disagree with, and all..but that cookie thing just isn't even remotely "clever".

Bud...if a bunch of white players took knees to protest what happened in benghazi, during obamas administration, you and your comrades would have cheered them.
And i reckon if the nfl insults you so, you could ignore the whole situation. Maybe just not watch.

@Carla Bud...if a bunch of white players took knees to protest what happened in benghazi, during obamas administration...

Carla, a bunch of white players DIDN'T kneel to protest Benghazi.
For them to have done so would have been stupid - incongruous, unhelpful not to mention disrespectful to the anthem, country, military.

Your story does however create a darling straw man!

that.Image in content

Ignoring problems and insults from anyone doesn't make the problem or insult go away. I mean, I could say the same to you - if you have a problem with my comments, maybe just look the other way and STFU!

But, I'm to warm and sensitive to say or do anything like

@Budwick Carla, a bunch of white players DIDN'T kneel to protest Benghazi. For them to have done so would have been stupid -...

Yes, bud....i could say many things, too.
Most, well...true but harsh. I wont even give an example as i am, too, so very sensitive.

@Carla Yes, bud....i could say many things, too. Most, well...true but harsh. I wont even give an example as i am, too...

Chicago police chief calls 58 shootings in 3 days 'tragic, senseless . - THIS PAST WEEKEND!

How about those NFL players head down to the hood and talk to those thugs [still living] to actually do something good? Kneeling won't do anything but fire those thugs up more.

@Budwick Chicago police chief calls 58 shootings in 3 days 'tragic, senseless . - THIS PAST WEEKEND! How about those NFL...

Many former and current bears work in chicago. Actually many players throughout the league are involved with their communities.
Calling people "thugs" as a generality is what fires people up.
Often your mentality is far more thuggish than taking a knee.

@Carla Many former and current bears work in chicago. Actually many players throughout the league are involved with their...

I'm glad to learn that some players are actually addressing their concerns directly. That makes a lot more sense.

I think then that BLM and media might want to focus attention on THOSE efforts - shine some positive light on what they are trying to accomplish. Instead of the divisive issue of police shooting bad guys that happen to be black.

Calling thugs, 'thugs' is offensive now? What shall I call them in your presence then?

Thank you for your assessment of my mentality.
Just to be clear it was the thugs I was calling thugs. NOT the NFL players - they're just stupid.

I thought that were only 2 players who knelt, each from the Miami Dolphins.

@JerryHendrickson I thought that were only 2 players who knelt, each from the Miami Dolphins.

Of course it's hard to know what can be believed anymore, but I heard there were more. But, one is too many.

@Budwick Of course it's hard to know what can be believed anymore, but I heard there were more. But, one is too many.

I just finished getting the details. Those 2 Miami players were the only ones who knelt. There were only 4 teams in which players staged any kind of protest: Dolphins, Eagles, Jaguars, and 49ers. Either with a raised fist or by staying in the locker room for the Anthem. https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/...ers-teams-list

The great majority of players stood respectfully.

If America is so awful why not leave and start a football league in which other country they deem would be more fair and equitable.
My beloved Dolphins are off the list and it seems that the Cowboys will be the only ones I'll even consider watching.

I'll watch little league badminton before lame ass, race baiting, pansy ass football.

@Budwick I'll watch little league badminton before lame ass, race baiting, pansy ass football.

Good idea it is the advertising and sales that pay these jerks enormous salaries. Make it clear to advertisers, employers and anyone possible - no more knees or no more support from you. If enough people complain or stop buying what they sell the NFL is finished. We know the owners care more for money than any other ideas.

@2802169

That, I'm am really sorry you are having trouble sorting out the issue.

You see, members of the NFL have chosen to kneel during the national anthem being played before football games. They SAY they are doing this to protest police shooting at bad guys - black bad specifically.

I [along with many other people] find the act of kneeling during the anthem to be disrespectful to the anthem, the country, the flag, military, etc.

With me so far?

NFL viewership was down 10% for the 2017 regular season, and the previous season was down 8% from the season before that.

http://www.latimes.com/business...104-story.html#

Looks like they scr*wed themselves, and richly deserved it.