Sir_Whatzs avatar Language
4 23

I sure could use some wine right about now!

@2802058

Pennsylvania still uses Wine & Spirits Shops, and many aren't open past 9. Though you can buy wine and such at some supermarkets now. There's some bars in town too, but they aren't open past 11/12 anymore :P.
Sucks, quiet towns like mine are dry when it comes to nights on the town lol

@Tanor_Faux Pennsylvania still uses Wine & Spirits Shops, and many aren't open past 9. Though you can buy wine and such at some...

Woah... and people think things here in Utah are backwards. Many of our state-run liquor stores here in Salt Lake are open until 10:00 pm and the bars are open until 2:00 a..m although last call is at 1:00 am which I think is standard even in the more liberal states

@Sir_Whatz Woah... and people think things here in Utah are backwards. Many of our state-run liquor stores here in Salt Lake...

No no, Pennsylvania is what we call a Purple State, Blue Laws don't mean that kind of "blue".

Cities are fine, it's the rural areas that are not. The cities are almost a different state compared to the rest of it.

Philly and Pittsburgh don't actually describe what Pennyslvania really is like. Allentown and Harrisburg are a little closer to defining Pennsylvanian city-life, or Reading and Lancaster.

To know that, come to the Coal Mining regions. Like Shenadoah, Tamaqua, Mahoney City, Lansford, even Hazleton and Wilkes-Barre count, they're cities, but more red than blue. Pretty much all of NEPA and the Allegheny Plateau.

@2802059

Opposite for me. So many wildfires going on that we could use a good storm to clear the smoke and make for easier breathing

@Sir_Whatz Opposite for me. So many wildfires going on that we could use a good storm to clear the smoke and make for easier...

I feel for ya. It's really bad out there. Some of that smoke from the wildfires has already made its way to some places in Pennsylvania too. Yet, some idiots have been lighting fireworks a couple hours ago lol. then again, people light off tannerite around here all the time too so.

@2802062

Utah but the smoke travels

Change of scenery, 'cause these four walls are closing in on me...road trip, anyone?!

Fyrefoxs avatar Fyrefox I Sure Could Use This Because... +2Reply

A good old fashioned summer rain (not floods) ... all over California to end these fires! a smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell I Sure Could Use This Because... +2Reply
@JanHaskell A good old fashioned summer rain (not floods) ... all over California to end these fires!

I hear ya, Jan. The smoke has traveled here to the Salt Lake valley from all those fires. Let's pray for rain!!