What flavor of cake would you like for your birthday? Got any favorite(s)?

Image for post What flavor of cake would you like for your birthday? Got any favorite(s)?
primeiros avatar Food & Drink
6 48

One of my employees made me a "spumoni" cake. Three layers: one dark chocolate, one maraschino cherry and the top pistachio. Each with the corresponding frosting. It was fabulous!

Carrot cake, like my mother used to make. The carrot cake bar at a local grocery store bakery is pretty tasty though, and someone got me one. Had it with my coffee in the morning....for over a week.

Just a great ice cream cake would do :3

@Tanor_Faux Just a great ice cream cake would do :3

I've had ice cream cake a couple of times before, and I gotta tell you... it's freaking good.

@DandyDon

That looks awesome...

What? No, it was not me who took a bite... chew smilie

@primeiro That looks awesome... What? No, it was not me who took a bite...

Yea.. that's my favorite.

That's okay, just so I have a slice left.. smirk smilie

German chocolate ;)

@PartyOfOne German chocolate ;)

Looked that up - sounds pretty good!

A moist chocolate cake with walnuts mixed into the batter, no frosting. I'll just spray some whipped cream on top.

OK if I wish I wish big I want a new house

Mint chip because it will annoy Sofia biggrin smilie

@Sofia Excuse me?

I recall once you saying you don't like mint chip, I tried something similar and it's not really bad.

@Sofia

Then in that case what is your favorite ice cream flavor?

@Sunny_the_skeptic Then in that case what is your favorite ice cream flavor?

I don't eat ice cream anymore, actually. But chocolate, strawberry, peach and vanilla are my picks. I'm very basic xD

@Sunny_the_skeptic Don't eat ice cream anymore....... are you.. human?

Quite. That's the point. My teeth sensitivity is too high. It hurts to eat ice cream.

@Sunny_the_skeptic So you have some dental problems, any cavities or receding gums?

I don't know the word of the problem. But I'm using a special toothpaste and a gel. I was told to eat less sugary things, so there's that. I don't have any cavities, I was checked two times, not sure about the receding gums. I'll be checking again in November.
Edit: this is the first time I've had any issue with my teeth. Besides braces and having to take the wisdom tooth, because there's no space for them, it was always fine.

@Sofia I don't know the word of the problem. But I'm using a special toothpaste and a gel. I was told to eat less sugary...

The pulp is a very sensitive thing, so much in fact that even micro holes like cavities or erroded enamel, exposed dentin can cause hyper sensitivity. Does this only happen with cold food? Cold is also a vasoconstricting agent, which means that blood vessels shrink, maybe it has something to do with that as well.

@Sofia Extreme temperatures. Hot bothers me, but it doesn't hurt as bad as cold food.

You'd be an interesting case, to take my time finding out if there's some connection between the outer and inner parts of the teeth. Though Ice cream does normally create discomfort when chewed it's super cold after all but since you feel actual pain...

@Sofia I don't eat ice cream anymore, actually. But chocolate, strawberry, peach and vanilla are my picks. I'm very basic xD

Peach ice-cream! I'd like that.

I've never really found it around here.

However, there is one flavor that you can find here, with so-called "yellow fruits", and one of the yellow fruits is (you guessed it) peach. I like it.

I'm partial to chocolate.

My daughter - in - law made my birthday cake this year, it was white with a raspberry filling. It was awesome.

Chess Cake :D (AKA Bolo Xadrez)

@Sofia Chess Cake :D (AKA Bolo Xadrez)

:D That looks good! I don't think I've ever had it.

@primeiro :D That looks good! I don't think I've ever had it.

You can do it with whatever cake you like. You just have to cut it and piece together and voilá, Chess Cake.
You cut it:
Then put it back together:

I like marble

Ice cream or walnut cake

Are you going to send me one? I would like ice cream

@hootowl Are you going to send me one? I would like ice cream

Sure - it will be delivered in your birthday. :P
I also like ice-cream cake.

Strawberry and vanilla.

I really shouldn't have cake, but i will take anything I get

Marble

Anonymous