State Fairs: What do you enjoy the most at a state fair?

I don't enjoy the fairs, too many people, too hot....

Image for post State Fairs:   What do you enjoy the most at a state fair?
11% Food 5% Rides 11% People watching 0% Band day 21% I hate Fairs 53% Other
StarzAboves avatar Countries & Places
7 13

I used to enjoy the food and rides, but our local fairs have become very overcrowded. Also, I could tolerate the heat much better when I was young. It's not as much fun now.

I think I enjoy people watching the best, the happy people and smiles on children make it, at least for myself an enjoyable outing.

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns People watching +4Reply

It's been quite awhile since I've been to one. I did enjoy the general excitement of being there with someone else and the sounds...smells..rides in a diverse crowd of people, sometimes.

@Piper2 It's been quite awhile since I've been to one. I did enjoy the general excitement of being there with someone...

I went to a lot of fairs growing up, my Mom loved them. But what I remember most were the terrible smells when we walked through the animal barns. Yikes. lol

Everything. They always fall right around my birthday and I always make sure to go.

I do like the funnel cakes.

I enjoy the point where everybody spontaneously breaks into song.

I haven't been to a State Fair in a good while but when it did it was all of the above.

I don't hate fairs/festivals...they're just more of a hassle to me..