Mazes avatar Technology
4 19

It's a very touchy subject. Half of the US is pissed over social media censoring their team. The other half presumably thinks it's great - cuz they happen to share ideology with social media.

And then I see social media going the way of the MSM, steadily losing audience and impact. People will either lose interest in social media [which would be a gift from Heaven, IMO] and / or start their own flavor of social media [again like MSM] and there would be no place for the two to meet and bicker over their difference.

The absolute worst thing that could happen IMO would be for the government to step in and regulate.

@2804467

I like Sargon's suggestion that social media companies should have to clearly state what actions will get you kicked off in their TOS, and then when they kick someone off for a TOS violation, they should have to be specific about what rules were broken by what actions. As it is, the rules are vague, as are the reasons given for banning people. I think that leaves the door open to abuse. In the present context that abuse is manifesting as an attempt to influence the outcome of an election, maybe all future elections, so it's extremely serious.

@2804504

I have never seen this video before.
I find it strangely, ... hot!

@2804597

"You want thought police, is that correct?"

No, I think maybe it should be illegal for social media companies to be thought police. So basically the opposite of that.

@2805639

No, I don't want thought police, I prefer if people can speak their minds whether I agree with them or not. There are some people I'm not interested in interacting with, but I just block them, I don't feel the need to have them kicked off.

As for HATE speech, as long as you're not calling for violence, I think you should be able to say whatever you like, regardless of what emotions are expressed.

I don't know

Yet if someone posts on fb calling for the assassination of trump, fb will remove that post. Are you going to defend their freedom of speech rights, or are you only upset if a conservative is banned?

Flrdsgnss avatar Flrdsgns Disagree +1Reply
@Flrdsgns Yet if someone posts on fb calling for the assassination of trump, fb will remove that post. Are you going to...

They all went nuts over kathy griffin. Some advocated prosecution.
Soooo.....there's that.

If someone called for the presidents assassination on social media, it's likely that person would be visited by the secret service. [Fair warning Flanders!]

This is why the left can't have nice things, they have no overarching ethical standards. Any pretense at morality is simply about gaining an advantage and can be forgotten or turned on its head at any time.

I don't think anyone should be allowed to call for people to be murdered regardless of their political stripes, because IT'S WRONG.

But the left doesn't believe in moral absolutes, it's about what's right for them right now. And that's why everything the left touches turns to shit, because they don't respect rules, rules are something they use to control others, not something they believe they must adhere to. So you get corruption and conflict, unfair advantage and unjust abuse.

nobody should be in charge of who can use the internet. Unless it is a Muslim then cut them off ASAP

BIG GOVERNMENT BIG GOVERNMENT BIG GOVERNMENT